Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Does anyone know if you are a new broadband customer can include the eir mobile connect - 30 Day option and the add another sim later without extending the original (broadband) contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are a new broadband customer can include the eir mobile connect - 30 Day option and the add another sim later without extending the original (broadband) contract?

Yes I think you can I added a second SIM some time after my first one and it didn't affect the contract. The SIMs themselves are on a rolling 30 day contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is WiFi calling available on this plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

funnyname wrote: »
    Is WiFi calling available on this plan?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I've been with Eir in every conceivable variation (mobile online, mobile/landline/bb etc). The actual service has for the most part always been fine - very few times where something has been down. The issue is if something goes wrong, it's an absolute nightmare to sort through customer service.

Example recently was that my wife bought a phone on bill and they assured us int he shop the bill amount would stay the same as what she was paying previously. This of course didn't follow through on the 1st bill and it took 4 months to sort it out in total, with more 1 hour+ waiting time calls made that I'll like to even think back on.

That said, I wanted to change my package to the deal from this thread this morning and while I did spend 30 minutes waiting, I got through to someone in Cork who got our overall bill (broadband/landline/2 x mobile) down from 135 p/m to 54 p/m in about 5 minutes. So something may be changing.

how did they get that down? I'm on about 130 a month with broadband and 2xmobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

scudzilla wrote: »
    how did they get that down? I'm on about 130 a month with broadband and 2xmobile

I'd love to tell you, but she did all the work. Main jump was my 30 day phone bill went from 35 to 9.99, but she reduced our broadband/phone package by bumping it down to off peak (we don't use the phone and best deal when we signed up was with phone package) and my wife's phone bill too which I would have seen as set costs.

Aside from changing my rolling contract, the following discounts were applied according to the email I got afterwards:

Promotion - 20 Euro off for 12 months €20.00 x 12 months ending April 2020
    Promotion - 15 Euro off for 12 months €15.00 x 12 months ending April 2020
    Promotion - 10 Euro off for 12 months €10.00 x 12 months ending April 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭MOH

gomara wrote: »
    Absolutely don’t work for EiR, I have no connection to them whatsoever other then as a customer, but I felt I needed to provide a slightly more balanced opinion on the service as I’ve experienced it..... it seems everyone who has experienced ok service is ‘lucky’. Maybe that’s true but keep an open mind, there are plenty of competitors who’d love to slag off Eir here too

Yeah, you got me, I work for an Eir competitor, and set up a Boards account 14 years ago in anticipation of this thread so I could join in and trash them :rolleyes:

They've a long, long history of appalling customer service. There's nothing unbalanced about pointing that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Having awful trouble trying to sign up to this as an existing eir mobile customer, keep getting bounced around departments, when I finally get through to the loyalty team the phone line picks up and then dies.

So frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Having awful trouble trying to sign up to this as an existing eir mobile customer, keep getting bounced around departments, when I finally get through to the loyalty team the phone line picks up and then dies.

So frustrating!

I had tried a few times before I got through to someone who could help. Same as you - bounced around between departments until either it hung up, or I needed to.

When I got finally got through to someone who could help (customer retention team), I think I had selected the option to change or cancel my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

I had been looking at their half price SIMO sale before.
    Got excited for a minute till I noticed they dropped the 100min international calls from the plan. suckers..
    i would have switched otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Is there any way to view the deals on this site without giving your email address?

john@john.com works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Absolutely don’t work for EiR, I have no connection to them whatsoever other then as a customer, but I felt I needed to provide a slightly more balanced opinion on the service as I’ve experienced it..... it seems everyone who has experienced ok service is ‘lucky’. Maybe that’s true but keep an open mind, there are plenty of competitors who’d love to slag off Eir here too

there's nothing balanced about their customer service

why would they have just moved to 3 irish call centers if everything was ticky boo

you had to wait 45 minutes to connect to the loyalty team, this is basically sales

they dont prioritise eir customer for connections, they have service contracts with vodafone sky etc

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Yes I think you can I added a second SIM some time after my first one and it didn't affect the contract. The SIMs themselves are on a rolling 30 day contract.

it will recontract you on the system unless specifically noted on your account or a recorded call it will be new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anytime I ring the 1800 number I am talking to someone in about 20sec.
    Signed up there and €10/month isn't too bad. I'm currently with Vodafone PAUG and can wait until my 4 week period ends before activating the Eir SIM. Hopefully it all works out.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Anytime I ring the 1800 number I am talking to someone in about 20sec.
    Signed up there and €10/month isn't too bad. I'm currently with Vodafone PAUG and can wait until my 4 week period ends before activating the Eir SIM. Hopefully it all works out.

The delays appear to be when someone only wants to upgrade their mobile package to the €14.99 option.

As you rightly say, if you're changing everything they are only too willing to deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You can request a callback according to the first post by putting your name and phone number in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Carphone Warehouse are offering Tesco mobile customers a switch to Three for unlimited Calls and Texts and all you can eat Data on a 30 day contract for 1 year for €15 a month.
    Only T&C is you must be a Tesco Mobile customer and switch your number to Three.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You can request a callback according to the first post by putting your name and phone number in.

If you ring 1800303719 they are very quick to answer. Just quote the one big switch offer.

bromley52 wrote: »
    If you ring 1800303719 they are very quick to answer. Just quote the one big switch offer.
    Thanks, just at the end of vodafone contract, anyone know if it's just a case of porting straight across or need to fully cancel with vodafone first?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Thanks, just at the end of vodafone contract, anyone know if it's just a case of porting straight across or need to fully cancel with vodafone first?

I just switched and it ported over okay, just remember to request an unlock code from Vodafone before you switch in case you got your phone from Vodafone. I forgot this and was a pain in the ***

• Advertisement

jspuds wrote: »
    I just switched and it ported over okay, just remember to request an unlock code from Vodafone before you switch in case you got your phone from Vodafone. I forgot this and was a pain in the ***

Just being told that wifi calling is only for BB customers, that's a bit rough but will chance it anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just being told that wifi calling is only for BB customers, that's a bit rough but will chance it anyways.

Im not sure what you mean by this?

Wi-Fi calling is available to anyone on Eir sim free (with or without Broadband) once your phone is compatible.

It's not just for Eir BB customers but they have only tested it with Eir and can thus only guarantee it with Eir. It will of course work with other BB providers as it works works wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Davy wrote: »
    Im not sure what you mean by this?

Wi-Fi calling is available to anyone on Eir sim free (with or without Broadband) once your phone is compatible.

I can confirm what Davy has said. I'm on one of the older sim free plans with Eir and I have wifi calling (and I don't have Eir broadband)

I think the Eir CS agent got confused then, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Can anyone that signed up for this deal confirm that WiFi calling is included in this?
    I would ask eir but I haven’t got 6 hours to spare.
    Thanks.

Can anyone that signed up for this deal confirm that WiFi calling is included in this?
    I would ask eir but I haven’t got 6 hours to spare.
    Thanks.

It is. If your phone is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It is. If your phone is compatible.

Thank you.
    I’m on a business plan with eir atm, but the only reason I’m keeping it is coz of the WiFi calling.
    This would be less that half the price of that plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Has anyone managed to get this offer if they're already an Eir mobile customer. My contract is about to end and rather than porting to another network and then porting back to get this offer, are they giving this plan to existing customers. Thanks.

• Advertisement

shocksy wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get this offer if they're already an Eir mobile customer. My contract is about to end and rather than porting to another network and then porting back to get this offer, are they giving this plan to existing customers. Thanks.

I was told that someone who is PAUG with Eir can move to this plan no problem and quickly as they already have an Eir SIM. it hasn't been tried yet though.

Advertisement