Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guess what Mad_Lad got this time?

Comments

unkel wrote: »
    Teslas are low! I'm over 6'1 and near 100kg myself but I'm used to much smaller, much lower sports cars :p

Her Old Man is around 6 foot 5 and can get in and out of the i3 comfortably and has enough room, at least up front, don't remember if he sat in the back, he was surprised actually how roomy it is.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Mine was a year older than yours. Only had 5300km on the clock, lol.

Leather interior was the only part of the spec I wanted that I didn't get.

How many kms have you on yours now ? I'll hit 90,000 this week.

The Leather is definitely great, just wipe them down with leather cleaner and they're as good as new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Her Old Man is around 6 foot 5 and can get in and out of the i3 comfortably and has enough room, at least up front, don't remember if he sat in the back, he was surprised actually how roomy it is.

I agree - the i3s I drove for probably close on 2,000km was remarkably roomy & airy. Tall roof, open dash/floor, remarkable sense of openness & space in that car.

The big front doors & lack of a B-pillar added to the sense of space too.

Agree though, once you get a longer range EV & have more access to fast charging - Ionity, ESB super (dooper) hubs etc., you'll not miss the range extender.

i3(s) = city car :P.

unkel wrote: »
    Of course. Thanks for reminding us, we nearly forgot :p

You won't miss REx for a second as soon as you get a longer range EV and / or the public charging infrastructure improves. The latter has happened tremendously already since the end of last year because there is no longer free fast charging.

Not good enough I'm afraid, it has improved but unfortunately not nearly enough.

When I can charge at 100 Kw and more It will be a big upgrade, but Winter may still take it's toll with a cold battery some maybe more than others.

There is still a severe lack of chargers all around the west/South West and up to Donegal.

To be honest we need a fast charger in every garage on the Island, this would be the start of a proper infrastructure.

A law passed that would mean 100 Kw charger in every petrol station, make the oil companies pay.

I can have 300 Km range but I still need to charge and charging a 60 odd Kwh battery on a 45 Kw charger isn't too appealing when I got the Family waiting going nuts.

Kramer wrote: »
    I agree - the i3s I drove for probably close on 2,000km was remarkably roomy & airy. Tall roof, open dash/floor, remarkable sense of openness & space in that car.

The big front doors & lack of a B-pillar added to the sense of space too.

Agree though, once you get a longer range EV & have more access to fast charging - Ionity, ESB super (dooper) hubs etc., you'll not miss the range extender.

i3(s) = city car :P.

Indeed but we're a long way away from having a proper infrastructure, it's grand having some 100 Kw + chargers on the Motorways but when I get to town I need to charge and chances are I won't find an AC point that's free these days and not only that, I may need to charge fast the next morning before I have to head off again and 45-50 Kw chargers just don't float my boat especially when the family is with me which is probably going to be the majority of the time I'd need a fast charger. The infrastructure in the west is still not good + no 100+ KW chargers.

It's a lot better than it was but the likes of the M9 is still very poorly serviced.

I'm going to want a lot more 100+ Kw chargers before I think the infrastructure is getting tolerable, my next car is going to have to charge at 100 Kw or close or more.

Of course I still have the option to take the Outlander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

my next car is going to have to charge at 100 Kw or close or more.

A Model 3 is your only man then at present really. You'll have the benefit of fast charging at their superchargers, the Ionity locations, the new ECars hubs & 11/12kW AC charging.

A saloon though but fast enough & rear wheel drive which you'll value as an enthusiastic driver :).

Maybe if you wait a few years, a Model Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How many kms have you on yours now ? I'll hit 90,000 this week.

About 48k km.

About 48k km.

Jaysus, you’re hardly driving at all :D

Kramer wrote: »
    A Model 3 is your only man then at present really. You'll have the benefit of fast charging at their superchargers, the Ionity locations, the new ECars hubs & 11/12kW AC charging.

A saloon though but fast enough & rear wheel drive which you'll value as an enthusiastic driver :).

Maybe if you wait a few years, a Model Y.

Maybe maybe not, that boot would probably annoy me a lot. But I must arrange a test drive, not a big fan of that minimalist interior.

I saw a model Y on Sunday up close, big car, would take a good few years to come down to a good price then I'd be back to the issue I have with the Model S, good few years old, high mileage but decent size.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

About 48k km.

I sold mine with 35,000 km last month.
    Great little car and glad I had the chance to own one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maybe maybe not, that boot would probably annoy me a lot. But I must arrange a test drive, not a big fan of that minimalist interior.

I saw a model Y on Sunday up close, big car, would take a good few years to come down to a good price then I'd be back to the issue I have with the Model S, good few years old, high mileage but decent size.

Coming from an i3, the boot of an M3 is like a massive cave!
    Can’t see how you’d have space problems after an i3 boot. I couldn’t even get the weekly shopping in my i3 boot!

Gumbo wrote: »
    Coming from an i3, the boot of an M3 is like a massive cave!
    Can’t see how you’d have space problems after an i3 boot. I couldn’t even get the weekly shopping in my i3 boot!

The problem is access and you can't haul around big stuff with the seats down so what the model 3 is good for and i3 not the i3 is good for and Model 3 not. :D

I cancelled my Energia account yesterday and herself signed up in her name so two fingers to Energia for not looking after their existing customers, especially high energy users like EV owners.

Anyway, we will now pay.

14.22 c/Kwh Day

6.83 Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I cancelled my Energia account yesterday and herself signed up in her name so two fingers to Energia for not looking after their existing customers, especially high energy users like EV owners.

Anyway, we will now pay.

14.22 c/Kwh Day

6.83 Night.

Ex. Vat?

peposhi wrote: »
    Ex. Vat?

No Including VAT and we have to register online for online billing and all that.

See here the prices, but they will not give it to existing customers which is why I cancelled and got my Partner to set it up, we're not married obviously so the different name causes no suspicion. :D

Couldn't set it up with the Joint account either because they wanted both names and they might have spotted that so she has to pay it from her account. :D

ilLhdOr.jpg

According to my previous Bill I was paying this per Kwh Day/Night , they were fleecing me, this what they do, fleece existing customers.

0.219 C/Kwh Day
    0.105 C/Kwh Night

Then at the bottom is + Vat so it looks as though those prices per Kwh were excluding vat and the real cost would be

0.219 C/Kwh Day = 29.565 c/Kwh Inc VAT
    0.105 c/Kwh Night = 11.197 c/Kwh Inc VAT.

Or am I reading that wrong ? Damn robbers if they were, it went up a lot for me then.

v8J0Ryb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭eagerv

Anyway, we will now pay.

14.22 c/Kwh Day

6.83 Night.

After giving Energia the two fingers who did you go to? :)

eagerv wrote: »
    After giving Energia the two fingers who did you go to? :)

Energia, lol but you're missing what the two fingers was for and that was them fleecing us so I set up as new customer under the missus name. ;)

They are fleecing existing customers who are out of contract and my unit cost day and night was much more expensive than it is now and a lot more than it was, they are fleecing existing customers to pay for the new signups at reduced prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭eagerv

They are all at, the mobile companies used to be terrible.

We discovered an old friend who was paying over €100/month for his mobile, but he was happy because they were giving him a Nokia type new phone every so often and were not charging him for calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,301 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Isnt the consumption limited with energia to 3,000 kWh at night rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

ELM327 wrote: »
    Isnt the consumption limited with energia to 3,000 kWh at night rate?

Not so much limited but you get 3000 units per 2 monthly billing period at rate X and then the rate goes up by about a 1.5c for every unit over the 3000.

That 3000 gets reset every 2 months so its relatively hard to exceed that.... wont affect most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,676 ✭✭✭✭unkel

18MWh per year just at the night rate is quite a lot :p

I.e. it would power a Hyundai Ioniq for 130k km, even a thirsty big Tesla for 80k km

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

See here the prices, but they will not give it to existing customers which is why I cancelled and got my Partner to set it up, we're not married obviously so the different name causes no suspicion.

Would the MPRN not be the same though?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

mordeith wrote: »
    Would the MPRN not be the same though?

Sure but the new customer could be a new resident of the house.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Sure but the new customer could be a new resident of the house.

Which is exactly as they were told.

They were willing to reduce the day/night price but when you use an average of 32 or mor kWh a day every cent counts.

I may have an out of warranty problem...

Yesterday I charged the i3 for a few hours on the granny cable. I recently got solar PV installed, and a Zappi charger, but the clamps aren't in place yet to enable the Zappi to only use excess so I was soaking up some extra juice via the granny.

Plugged in again a little while later, but then knocked the plug off at the socket in the house as I was called out unexpectedly.

After disconnecting that second charge, the car displayed an "unable to charge" error. It cleared after a few seconds and the car seemed fine.

However overnight the car was plugged in, but didn't charge. I stopped by a rapid this morning and charged on CCS without an issue, but I then tried connecting the fast AC plug, and it wouldn't charge at all.

Any suggestions? Did I trip something when I knocked off the plug at the socket? Anything I can do or am I looking at a potential expensive repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Try the tried and tested solution of “reboot”. :)
    i.e disconnect the 12v for a few mins and reconnect and then try the AC charge again.

Well for some odd reason, it just started working again.

Decided to give it a go as I was exporting nearly 4kw an hour to the grid, and it worked first time.

Then I reduced the car onboard speed so it was only consuming 3.6kw and left it to run.

Now this is much better.
    522469.jpg

Sweet, what size array is on your house ? 4.9 Kw is a good rate to produce.

Unfortunately solar just won’t work for me, away all day most days so the energy would go to the grid for free, shame we have no fit in Ireland but as always, Ireland inc looks after commercial interests before People.

6.2kw, only installed last week.

• Advertisement

Apparently I have a problem with my top spring mount.

Getting a rumbling noise when turning the wheel, even when stationary. A few people more in the know than me reckon its the top mount.

BMW Coleraine are quoting me £120 just to diagnose it, then probably north of £200 for the parts and labour.

So anyone have a site that they use for parts? My neighbour is a mechanic so I'll just buy it myself and he can fit it.

Advertisement