Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Looking well Donnelly.

Its impossible to keep a car clean in this weather:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Looking well Donnelly.

Cheers! I know, hatchbacks seem to be dirt magnets too! A quick wash will do until the weather improves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

GvidoR wrote: »
    Excuse me?

Erdinger-Weiss-website1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

After its first (half-assed) wash! Itll be dirty again tomorrow no doubt!

http://i.imgur.com/LOozB2Bl.jpg

That looks absolutely awful. I hate the design of it.

:pac:

That looks absolutely awful. I hate the design of it.

:pac:

Reading that was an emotional rollercoaster :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Looking well Donnelly.

My car has only been washed once since last Sept. And that was for it's NCT last month. If the younger me knew I was doing this to a car he'd shoot me.

For my first few years of car ownership nothing would stop me giving it a weekly vacuum and wash. I could write my name on the dash now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Durrrty Thurrrsday.

378680.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't aerodynamics or whatever it is that causes the dirt to collect in certain places mad? Like at the back of the quarter panel, many and the panel joined to it is spotless! And the ends of the doors.

And even with the mudguards, the rear bumper behind them is covered!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't aerodynamics or whatever it is that causes the dirt to collect in certain places mad? Like at the back of the quarter panel, many and the panel joined to it is spotless! And the ends of the doors.
    Id say aero contributes hugely to the dirt on the back of a hatch, there would be huge suction in the void behind the car as it plods along so the dirt will get hoovered onto the boot :mad: Saloons generally dont suffer is as bad, but Id imagine the dirt collects elsewhere on those!

• Advertisement

Neutral poster? What does that mean in these parts? :)

It means you have morphed into colm_mcm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still confused. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still confused. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The poor vehicle has been through a traumatic time recently, so give it a bit of TLC now n again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Few scenic shots. Just got them before the sunset! Passengers wouldn't get out, hence the slammed look!!

b9d2r.png

vepys0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Nice film of sleet on her :)IMG_20160226_181004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Went for a dive today, as much as I love my Golf the 'cruiser is the job for carrying the dive gear and getting changed in

B3CFC6EE-27AE-4526-90A2-BBB38B316954.jpg

5056A89A-9DFF-4A2A-B89B-9B20EEA679A2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ah yes living the life. Looks good. I'd be afraid of sharks though!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd be afraid of sharks though!

Or the multitude of other things there waiting to kill you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Ah yes living the life. Looks good. I'd be afraid of sharks though!

According to here there was a shark where the boat in the bottom pic when I was getting out of the water. Reported as a 2.5m unknown at Rous Head. :pac::pac::eek:

Raging I didn't get to see him to be honest! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭high horse

Nice film of sleet on her :) ]

Until I read your comment, I thought it was a thin layer of snow foam!

Ze Germanz:

25216738401_f7116da138_c.jpg

The C5 Wheels are being refurbed this week. I didn't realise that I could change colour (to a single colour or two tone etc.). I've been arguing with myself over just leaving them as they are or two toning them all last night. I woke up this morning and the idea of two toning just seems crappy. I reckon it'd look too shoddy (the C5 wouldn't pull it off well, and it'd look too boy racery I think, for such a not-boy-racery car).

However, 2 minutes in photoshop to see what an all-black wheel would look like caught me by surprise - i really like it! The upshot is that yer man will do whatever I want, colour wise, but if i dont like and want to change back, it'll cost €200 to change them again (and i'll have to leave it a few weeks for the paint to set properly, so i'll be stuck with something I hate for a few weeks and down an extra €200).

What do ye guys think. Obviously the editing is shoddy as hell, but I think the black actually looks really well.. am i delusional?

blackvssilver.jpg

Slightly bigger versionhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Too much black for my taste. The silver alloys give a nice contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I'd say the same that's a lot of black on one car I prefer the current colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Will you just leave it alone, it's a grand car as is :)

Black wheels and I'll put it in the skanger thread myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ethan Large Veil I think the current wheels look great on the car. They make for great contrast

Here's another quick and rough edit:

20160219_124403_2_3black.jpg

Bigger version here

I can see what ye guys are saying about it being too black but I kinda like the blackness. I do also quite like the contrast of the clean silver wheels, especially as the chrome trim on the car kinda runs around the car at the bottom (and the silver chrome and silver wheels kinda keeps that theme running).

But I think the black looks that tad more aggressive or ominous or something and matches up well with the black car and tinted windows. Decisions, decisions :o

EDIT: I kinda wish he didn't say anything about colour to be honest. If I never had the choice I wouldn't even be thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I can see what ye guys are saying about it being too black but I kinda like the blackness. I do also quite like the contrast of the clean silver wheels, especially as the chrome trim on the car kinda runs around the car at the bottom (and the silver chrome and silver wheels kinda keeps that theme running).

But I think the black looks that tad more aggressive or ominous or something and matches up well with the black car and tinted windows. Decisions, decisions :o

EDIT: I kinda wish he didn't say anything about colour to be honest. If I never had the choice I wouldn't even be thinking about it!

But it's a c5 estate, there's nothing aggressive about it. It'll look like you're trying too hard to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

It pales in comparison to some of the fine motors that are posted here, but it's my first car and I love it :D

IMG_0508.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement