Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

peasant wrote: »
    I'm not THAT old yet :D
    nice to be remembered for something all the same

Unkel reckons I'm 79 so your not far off...:P:P

Last I heard from you was years ago when you had that VW camper..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Truckermal wrote: »

SYNCRO, Syncro ...

...and that's why ...kinda hard to tell interesting stories about a Nissan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Honey, I shrunk the Nissan :D
    I've had a mad horn for a big dirty YD Pathfinder since I've started working for Nissan, those later X-Trails are always surprisingly nice too though, that's the moddle with the Bose sound system and the lot, big dirty sub in the boot?

They're a very decent motor, well wear!

..... bought it for 6600 in the end........

Can't complain all things (mileage, condition, auto etc) considered.
    With the miles you intend putting up on it you'll get great value from it. Happy motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've had a mad horn for a big dirty YD Pathfinder since I've started working for Nissan, those later X-Trails are always surprisingly nice too though, that's the moddle with the Bose sound system and the lot, big dirty sub in the boot?

They're a very decent motor, well wear!
    Sadly no Bose sound system ...but pretty much everything else.

(and Thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Sadly no Bose sound system ...but pretty much everything else.

(and Thanks)

I was admiring your new car so much that I went to carzone to see what was available.
    It looks like a nice one, best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

my latest acquisition

FKnImME.jpg

swapped it for the yellow Ibiza

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look at you Vidal Sasoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one nd, I'd say you get the better end of the deal there :P That should sell easily enough for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Yeah I was a but suspicious tbh why she wanted to swap. Came all the way from gort (to county Limerick) and all. But her insurance was gone crazy and she just wanted something cheap to insure, run ect.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Not mine but too nice not to share, my workmates freshly painted supra today.
    I posted a picture of it probably a year ago here when it was standard, come a long way since then! Beautifull car.

H4QJXJk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Truckermal wrote: »
    Unkel reckons I'm 79 so your not far off...:P:P

Green yolk with a lift kit. Them syncros are class machines. Looked a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

So the wee Puglet has been in flying form of late. Since her lick of paint last month, it's gone a full month without a single thing breaking. Thats fair bloody going hahaha As a reward, I took a mad notion one day last week and deceided to take a dip into motorsport competition and go out Autotesting. Didnt expect to be the only eejit arriving in their own road car ready to compete, but sher we gave it a go. Couple hours later, and very dizzy myself from spinning round cones (King of The Cone has noting on this craic), one very badly broken arch liner was the only casulty. Too much of allowing the car to get it's lean on I suppose. Thought I was all cool billowing tyre smoke, but less so when it was the car burning itself hahaha

27464668203_80faec3537_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

CianDon, do you park occasionally around UCC? I love that car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Finishing touches are on the car now... Took 3 weeks to get the 100W HID ballasts for the fogs.

vrhdbZk.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I think the next time you see someone defending putting subtle tints on headlights your best course of action would be to bite your tongue and close the topic people in glass houses and all that , HID in the fogs and headlights? FFS.

:D:rolleyes:

tossy wrote: »
    I think the next time you see someone defending putting subtle tints on headlights your best course of action would be to bite your tongue and close the topic people in glass houses and all that , HID in the fogs and headlights? FFS.

:D:rolleyes:

They're some serious HIDs laaad, I can see 10 mile down the road for the checkpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dazzling :P.
    daz·zling
    ˈdaz(ə)liNG/
    adjective
    adjective: dazzling

extremely bright, especially so as to blind the eyes temporarily.
    "the sunlight was dazzling" "the hids blinded me t'fuc"
    synonyms: bright, blinding, glaring, brilliant
    "the sunlight was dazzling"
    extremely impressive, beautiful, or skillful.
    "a dazzling display of football"
    synonyms: impressive, remarkable, extraordinary, outstanding, exceptional; More

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

You'll be seen, i'll give you that!

You'll be seen, i'll give you that!

HiVisJacket_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

What... dafuq? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

shietpilot wrote: »
    Finishing touches are on the car now... Took 3 weeks to get the 100W HID ballasts for the fogs.

Great. Another person blinding me on the road with aftermarket HIDs.

Ah lads, it was only a Photoshop. Sorry :( Here's the real car
    With the pressed plates :o

mTIx0uN.jpg

3uRst4Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Bastard :pac:

Those super bright HIDs kill my eyes, they turn my contact lenses to dust. Don't ever mind what a fella does to his car because it doesn't affect me...except those fücking lights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hahaha the sunstrip should have been a give away. Savage vitriol reserved for the 100w hid fogs (deservedly so in fairness) but tinting headlamps and making your rear lights look like a 40year old sacred heart picture bulb is OK apparently lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

So my Golf that I bought last week has gone back to previous owner. Absolute disaster. Needed the timing chain replaced, brake disks and pads, bonnet locking and cable, window reg was going and a few other things. Hats off to the seller who was completely apologetic and sincere about it and took it back with no complaints.

Bought a 06 2L Hyundai Tucson tonight, 85k miles, new brakes and pads on the front, belt done 20k kms ago, fully serviced yesterday. Absolute mint condition not one dent on it. Getting its NCT the weekend and a full valet, plus i've 6 months warranty on it. 2100e, from my own mechanic too which is handy and gives me a complete peace of mind for the time being. Pictures to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

You got me lol.I thought the window visor was a photoshop job alright but the fogs are convincing, well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

rizzee wrote: »
    So my Golf that I bought last week has gone back to previous owner. Absolute disaster. Needed the timing chain replaced, brake disks and pads, bonnet locking and cable, window reg was going and a few other things. Hats off to the seller who was completely apologetic and sincere about it and took it back with no complaints.

Bought a 06 2L Hyundai Tucson tonight, 85k miles, new brakes and pads on the front, belt done 20k kms ago, fully serviced yesterday. Absolute mint condition not one dent on it. Getting its NCT the weekend and a full valet, plus i've 6 months warranty on it. 2100e, from my own mechanic too which is handy and gives me a complete peace of mind for the time being. Pictures to follow.

ah that sucks! at least you got it sorted now in the end - quite surprised that the previous owner took it back, he didn't really have to. Seems he should have spent more money on general maintenance rather than side skirts, debadged bumpers, and RS4 stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Z plate might get your locked up :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

ah that sucks! at least you got it sorted now in the end - quite surprised that the previous owner took it back, he didn't really have to. Seems he should have spent more money on general maintenance rather than side skirts, debadged bumpers, and RS4 stickers.

Haha that's true. We had a verbal agreement that i would get the car checked over with my mechanic and if anything major was wrong or costly he could pay for repair or I could bring it back and he stuck to his word. Some sound people out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement