Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

FN always seems to be an AA van near you at these C&C meets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

FN always seems to be an AA van near you at these C&C meets.

It knows what I drive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Do you get to keep the cool plate for another car? :D

Yup, it's already on my Landcruiser

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

CDD90C02-0FC7-44FB-8F73-05F9270C45C8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Work and play :p
    13417431_1184842718216654_564761074919815651_n.jpg?oh=e3d54129ef4727dffd07f7183c53af88&oe=57DD42A9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Work and play

Does your car be parked there often, do be up and down that road quite a lot. Might go in and damage it someday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Flashback Friday :)

389175.jpg

389178.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

27737446925_4d106aab24_c.jpg

27737441485_c9835a6f27_c.jpg

Get off the damn grass!

Maybe it's the picture, but does it have a short arse? Maybe it's because the nose is quite long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

I agree, I was going to get a towing eye plate holder from the US but it was coming to €100 ex duty and the wait was about 3 weeks. I've ordered two Jap plates one will be taped to to driver side PDC trim, then other as a spare :)

Have you looked into the "show plate" ? Im after been trying to find a link to it there as i seen it a few weeks ago. Theyre expensive enough if i remember at circa €150.
    Basically its an electronically controlled plate you press a button it slides out and flips up press it again and it hides itself away(usually between the grill) ive seen them on a few VAG cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Get off the damn grass!

I used to have a class in college that was beside a field of grass and had tinted windows. A few of the lads thought it would be good craic to open one of the windows a tiny bit and start tapping fellas on the shoulder as they walked past.

Then if we saw a fella go onto the grass instead of the concrete path directly beside the room we would should "Get off the grass!" "Grass walkers!". There was no amount of abuse we wouldn't hurl at fellas that were on the grass and anyone who was off the grass got tapped on the shoulder or prodded with a ruler. The fun all stopped when one fella got sick of this carry on and landed his motorbike helmet in through the window

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Have you looked into the "show plate" ? Im after been trying to find a link to it there as i seen it a few weeks ago. Theyre expensive enough if i remember at circa €150.
    Basically its an electronically controlled plate you press a button it slides out and flips up press it again and it hides itself away(usually between the grill) ive seen them on a few VAG cars.

I did, my brother keeps saying for me to do it but I really cannot be arsed spending €100-150 on a glorified plate holder :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Mate date xox

35k1tly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

In work :P

KHRNEcM.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Made it to Bordeaux, about 1800km under the belt now, its ridiculous how stable this car is at constant speed, its first real test in 2.5 years.

Lost a flag though! Around the 1200km mark, one of the lads pointed out the windscreen and shouted "its gone!". The plastic flagpole snapped clean in half just above where it was screwed to the metal bracket I made. I was surprised how they lasted for so long at 130kph+ for over 1000km, I doubt the real ones could handle that.

Still have the other one though, the looks we get absolutely everywhere is priceless. :D

car1_zps3fknqkww.jpg~original

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Lost a flag though! Around the 1200km mark, one of the lads pointed out the windscreen and shouted "its gone!". The plastic flagpole snapped clean in half just above where it was screwed to the metal bracket I made.

Yeah, I'd be a bit suspicious of Irish flags going missing from cars in France.

I was working there for about a year in 2009/2010, and the week of the Henry handball, my flag mysteriously liberated itself from the car overnight outside the house I was renting!! (I don't know how the ba$tards did it, but they managed to remove it without breaking the plastic clip thing that sat over the window! so kudos to them for the clean removal)

Exhibit A:
    22563088048_6f8ddc6c45_z.jpg

You could be right, dunno how we would have missed it snapping off mid drive, could have happened at a service station.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oddly enough, this came up on my Facebook today from 4 years ago
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Made it to Bordeaux....[/IMG]

Class picture!

Are those the WW2 Nazi submarine pens?

• Advertisement

Them weeds need spraying!

5mep39.png

Class picture!

Are those the WW2 Nazi submarine pens?

Yep, right beside ourm last hotel. The roofs are 9.5 metres thick, obviously not the easiest things to dismantle! Built by 6000 POWs, fairly mindblowing.

The 3000km road trip has just jumped to 4500km, off to Lyon in the morning!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yep, right beside ourm last hotel. The roofs are 9.5 metres thick, obviously not the easiest things to dismantle! Built by 6000 POWs, fairly mindblowing.

Saint Nazaire by any chance?

Nope Bordeaux. I think there's 5 or 6 pens still in existence along the west coast? SN must be another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

well they say you can't polish a turd but....
    I picked this 02 astra up as the family wagon last August and just treated it to its first clean. Full clay bar, polish & wax job.
    1 owner previous to me, 130k on the clock when I bought it, about 135k now.
    Got the TB done and 4 new tyres. The 1.4 is fairly weedy, (and its an auto)but its mostly just used for tipping around locally.
    I sold my MB190 not long after, but will hopefully return to youngtimer/classic ownership in the not too distant future.

This will be my final picture of the beast, deposit on and will be gone this evening. Sad to see it go but due to tax, running costs and a cut in work hours it forces sale.

2djds2t.jpg

Looking at Mk5 1.6 Golf or Mini Cooper S as replacement for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A 1.6 Golf? feckin hell :D

bear1 wrote: »
    A 1.6 Golf? feckin hell :D

Haha,cheaper tax, fuel costs and 200e less insurance! On way to view now... 1.6 fsi sport 3dr 105hp will let yous know how it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

rizzee wrote: »
    This will be my final picture of the beast, deposit on and will be gone this evening. Sad to see it go but due to tax, running costs and a cut in work hours it forces sale.

Looking at Mk5 1.6 Golf or Mini Cooper S as replacement for a couple of months.
    Doubt a Cooper S would be much cheaper to run tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got my wheels back from Rim Solutions today, very happy with them.

IMAG2648.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement