Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Boards cycle against cancer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Love to be there but ain't gonna happen.
    Think I'm off that day. Do I need PayPal to contribute or will cold hard cash do?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

You'll be fine, you'll be at the same side of town as the CUMH, she won't notice if you 'slip out for a minute'

My wife never notices if I "slip out for a minute" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

CptMackey wrote: »
    Think I'm off that day. Do I need PayPal to contribute or will cold hard cash do?

I dont think there is paypal, the mycharity page is easy to use via debt or credit card.
    No money will be accepted on the day by me or anyone, its a voluntary donation by those taking part, there is no entry fee its just a spin.
    Hope to see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I dont think there is paypal, the mycharity page is easy to use via debt or credit card.
    No money will be accepted on the day by me or anyone, its a voluntary donation by those taking part, there is no entry fee its just a spin.
    Hope to see you there.

Grand job. Sounds good. Hopefully will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

I should be able to make it. Might be able to bring along a few lads aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    My wife never notices if I "slip out for a minute" :o

she said she doesnt notice when you slip in either... :D

so have we a roll call for this gig?
    Im on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

would we need a "Support Car" with gear and pumps etc.

I can only speak for myself but I think that could over complicate things. An 80km slow paced boards spin should be self sufficient, we will have mobiles if third parties are required. that is only my personal opinion.

For many reasons its important to remember this is not an event its just a spin out and back and to mark it people can donate here

As for a role call.... I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

I can only speak for myself but I think that could over complicate things. An 80km slow paced boards spin should be self sufficient, we will have mobiles if third parties are required. that is only my personal opinion.

For many reasons its important to remember this is not an event its just a spin out and back and to mark it people can donate here

As for a role call.... I'm in!

I fully agree with that let's keep it as simple as possible.
    Oh and I'll be there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

I'm in.
    Will cycle up from Mallow and back down again, but hopefully will survive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mamil biker

dvntie wrote: »
    I'll meet ya somewhere and ride into town if ya want
    T

Ah, is it yourself. Yeah that be a good idea. Just gota clear a visa for the longer day.

inc21 wrote: »
    I'm in.
    Will cycle up from Mallow and back down again, but hopefully will survive

Down from Mallow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

You ever gone Mallow to Cork? It is uphill most of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

dh0011 wrote: »
    You ever gone Mallow to Cork? It is uphill downhill most of the way.

FYP

dh0011 wrote: »
    You ever gone Mallow to Cork? It is uphill most of the way.

Coming from Mallow to Cork is easy enough, its coming from Cork to Mallow which is quite hilly

Its also an established fact, that you go "down" to Cork, and "up" to Limerick from Mallow. Anyone says otherwise is talking nonsense :p

Its also an established fact, that you go "down" to Cork, and "up" to Limerick from Mallow. Anyone says otherwise is talking nonsense :p

well up and down and there is surely some left and some right movement but the main thing is I will be there unless something bad happens.

Hmmm, why do I get the feeling that the 'up vs down' conversation will continue on the day......

I was thinking how to maximize the potential of the spin, and this is just a suggestion, but it could make a huge difference if everyone attending (and those who can not) sent an email to their local cycling club and let them know that this spin is on.
    Include links to the auction pages HERE and this thread HERE
    Perhaps ask them to consider using it as their club spin or if they can not do that ask them to circulate the email including a link to Padraig's My Charity Page HERE as their members may wish to participate or donate individually.
    If only one club makes a donation all the effort would be worth it as this could potentially increase the donations substantially.

All it would take is one email.

Hmmm, why do I get the feeling that the 'up vs down' conversation will continue on the day......

I was thinking how to maximize the potential of the spin, and this is just a suggestion, but it could make a huge difference if everyone attending (and those who can not) sent an email to their local cycling club and let them know that this spin is on.
    Include links to the auction pages HERE and this thread HERE
    Perhaps ask them to consider using it as their club spin or if they can not do that ask them to circulate the email including a link to Padraig's My Charity Page HERE as their members may wish to participate or donate individually.
    If only one club makes a donation all the effort would be worth it as this could potentially increase the donations substantially.

All it would take is one email.

To mention it on strava boards club discussion board would not be bad idea.
    Soon as you post something there all 431 members will get e-mail about it and I'am sure some of them are from or around Cork. And some of them haven't come across this thread.

http://app.strava.com/clubs/boards-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mamil biker

VISA confirmed this evening

• Advertisement

Sent a Facebook Message to the Gym i go to also i message Cork County Cycles

so hoping they pass on the message and we get more people on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

Sounds like a good day out. Must apply for visa.
    S

happy_73 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good day out. Must apply for visa.
    S

you're leaving it late, it's on next week....

Looks like the Dublin cycle went well and raised a tidy few quid for LPB's fund. I dont know if we will have 80 people starting but who knows.

I drove the route yesterday, it looking pretty good. The road surface is in good nick all the way around.
    Only faults which stood out were potholes at the bottom of the decent into Crookstown (just be wide there as it is a fast section and they are the large deep wheel braking type) and also a few just after the Cafe outside Dripsey, its a flat section so they should be ok but again big and deep. I would expect them to be filled by next weekend.
    The only places where leaves are an issue is again on the decent into Crookstown and the climb off the main Cork/ Macroom road towards Coachford.
    There is a slight change to the route, for those who are unfamilure with the area it is of little difference but after entering crookstown a right hand turn is next to be taken, this will take you into Cloughduv and then onto the main road before a right hand turn for the climb to Coachford. This gets rid of the road section between Crookstown and the Cork Road which is narrow and a little dangourous, it also makes crossing the main road a lot easier and safer. And it gives the chance for a quick stop in Cloughduv to regroup and maybe have a munch.

It would be great to have an idea of numbers so anyone going you might post up!

Route HERE
    Charity page HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

How did it go for ye?

It would be great to have an idea of numbers so anyone going you might post up!

Can you add a little poll thingy so we can vote who's coming. That will give you some numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How did it go for ye?
    I think it's next Sunday (3rd Nov).

I think it's next Sunday (3rd Nov).

Yep it's on next Sunday 9am Cork City Hall, come on down!
    Jazz weekend here so best do one thing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Next week! Doh!

In that case good luck with it

• Advertisement

Looks like rain (weather channel) but there is no wimps in Cork, is there?

Advertisement