Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the 2 people in this classic pic ?

• 07-11-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

6gj0n9.jpg

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Eh.....classic? Are they supposed to be well known?

Any clues?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

The Kray twins ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

J.F and Robert Kennedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Berti and Maurice??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

'Bert and Ernie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

laurel and hardy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

humberklog wrote: »
    J.F and Robert Kennedy?

My first reaction was thats JFK on the left........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

My first reaction was thats JFK on the left........
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Trishis

What nationality are they do you think folks?....American, Irish, English.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I can't be sure but if I have recognised the photograph correctly, then the photographer which you are looking for is Elinor Wiltshire who's collection may be still showing in the National Photographic Archive. It was featured in an exhibition "If ever you go to Dublin town". I thought as I passed the National Photographic Archive on Saturday it was still showing but I see online that it was supposed to end on the 31st of October. Eitherways if it is the one I think then they will have it in the archive and you could enquire about it directly. If you can figure out the national photographic archive's indexing system you can search by photographer here and it may be online.

Here is the National Photographic Archive exhibition reference.

Some of the photographs hanging had details of the individuals but I can't recall the specifics of that image (again assuming I recognise the image correctly).

Then again, it may be just two young lads playing on the ground ;)

Good luck with your search.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Actually now that I kook more closely at it, the one on the left is definitely an Irish politician - you can tell by the way he's sitting around scratching his bo11ox all day!:D

Advertisement