Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Yesterday, 12:42   #91
Dravokivich
Moderator
 
Dravokivich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
Sorry, I don't follow, I've two under three plus a fiancé so yes
Jeep and fiat have been having very poor results over the last couple of production years. They have the worst safety ratings going.
Dravokivich is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 12:51   #92
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
Jeep and fiat have been having very poor results over the last couple of production years. They have the worst safety ratings going.
Are they still any less safe than where most cars were fifteen years ago?
Mad_maxx is online now  
Yesterday, 12:52   #93
Dravokivich
Moderator
 
Dravokivich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_maxx View Post
Are they still any less safe than where most cars were fifteen years ago?
I'm talking within the last 3/4 years. Have you not been looking it up?
Dravokivich is offline  
Yesterday, 12:55   #94
InstaSte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,565
4 star from NCAP.

Pretty safe for passengers, but wouldn't like to be a pedestrian. Same goes for any SUV though.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20190115-125336.png (110.2 KB, 18 views)
InstaSte is online now  
Yesterday, 13:18   #95
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
I'm talking within the last 3/4 years. Have you not been looking it up?
Safety ratings are never a slightest priority of mine when buying a vehicle, I rode a quad bike everyday in new Zealand for a year when I was 21
Mad_maxx is online now  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 20:30   #96
nox001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 19,301
Just get a Touraeg R-line (262) from the UK. Fantastic looking, great spec, lovely VW interior, loads of power, well rated for towing, superb gear box (DSG) etc etc.

Failing that just get another Landcruiser, plenty on Carzone under 50k and s they are business class the tax is way cheaper than on the Jeep too.

Last edited by nox001; Yesterday at 20:36.
nox001 is offline  
Yesterday, 20:34   #97
colm_mcm
Registered User
 
colm_mcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 58,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
Jeep and fiat have been having very poor results over the last couple of production years. They have the worst safety ratings going.
Fiat are getting some poor ratings because they’re selling models that were introduced 10 or more years ago. They got 5 stars on the old ncap test when it was all about crashing into walls, now it’s about whether you have autonomous braking, city brake, nice big warning labels for child seats, they still crash into walls but they actively dock marks if you don’t have things a certain way.
colm_mcm is offline  
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:32   #98
Mad_maxx
Registered User
 
Mad_maxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nox001 View Post
Just get a Touraeg R-line (262) from the UK. Fantastic looking, great spec, lovely VW interior, loads of power, well rated for towing, superb gear box (DSG) etc etc.

Failing that just get another Landcruiser, plenty on Carzone under 50k and s they are business class the tax is way cheaper than on the Jeep too.
Touraeg does nothing for me whatsoever
Mad_maxx is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet