Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yeah, always worth checking out the new research tasks - you never know what might crop up. I only needed Aerodactyl but decided to check what the reward was for "Use an item to evolve a Pokémon" before binning it. Evolved something fair quick when I saw the reward! Hello Meltan!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Yeah, I usually do but haven't for ages. I've kept the aerodactyl reward from last year as I knew it was coming up in the next stage of the meltan task. I must have about 50 or 60 mon backed up behind it waiting for me to catch the Aerodactyl.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

4 of us able to beat a weather boosted Solar beam Groudon today. Roll on Kyogre tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭josip

syboit wrote: »
    4 of us able to beat a weather boosted Solar beam Groudon today. Roll on Kyogre tomorrow

Is it every 2nd day for each of them?
    Where was the good weather today?

Sh1te for most it in South Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,637 ✭✭✭✭phog

josip wrote: »
    Is it every 2nd day for each of them?
    Where was the good weather today?

Sh1te for most it in South Dublin :)

No, both are available together, probably random which one appears as raid boss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

phog wrote: »
    No, both are available together, probably random which one appears as raid boss

yeah, completely random. Though we seemed to have had a lot of kyogre's in the morning and groudons in late afternoon.

People were definitely more interested in doing groudon for that new shiny :)

Weather from 8 onwards in Cork was clear (night)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I’m hoping to get in to Dublin City Centre this weekend to try and get a few raids. I really want Kyogre, him and Ho-Oh are the two I want most out of all of them.

Field research this week once again failed to yield a Ho-Oh, however I did get shiny Articuno, so I was delighted with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm more inclined to opt for glasnevin cemetery and botanic gardens on Saturday over 30 pokestops and loads of gyms and raids in such a small area this feebas event seems to be pokestop related so if you are going out look for somewhere similar with loads of stops gyms and a crowd of people I'll be very disappointed if I don't get my first Groudon and Kyogre on or by Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got a shiny Groudon yesterday. Its the finest damn Pokemon I have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a shiny Groudon and Zigzagoon today :D

• Advertisement

Got my Lugia from research missing unown and Heracross for jhoto dex.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Got one shiny with 3 minutes to go and count myself very lucky. A poorly planned event with tasks taking too long and a tiny chance of shinies

Toots wrote: »
    I’m hoping to get in to Dublin City Centre this weekend to try and get a few raids. I really want Kyogre, him and Ho-Oh are the two I want most out of all of them.

Field research this week once again failed to yield a Ho-Oh, however I did get shiny Articuno, so I was delighted with that!

I'm in the opposite boat; I already had several Kyogre and Ho-Oh before this event but no Lugia or Groudon. Thus far I've failed to catch Groudon in a raid (But got two more Kyogres, one after using only two balls and regular razz's instead of golden ones!) And my special field research yielded....Ho-Oh. :( Feels wrong to be disappointed but I'm running out of time to fill those two Dex slots!

Only managed one task during the Feebas window, and it wasn't a shiny. To date I've never had a shiny legendary, a shiny research Mon or a shiny egg hatch. The only shiny I've ever got from a raid is a Mawile! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got one shiny with 3 minutes to go and count myself very lucky. A poorly planned event with tasks taking too long and a tiny chance of shinies

I was working, so could only nip out to pick up 3 quests. Have an egg quest I can complete later, otherwise nothing for me. The short notice, combined with the small window to collect the tasks was an atrocious idea.

3 level 5 raids two phones 1 Kyogre caught all in city centre. None in botanic gardens or Glasnevin during feebas borefest I still have research left to do so might get a shiny but 11 done over two phones and no shiny only candy but no shiny it'll take something extremely useful to get me back out for a snorefest like this again.

All three raids were Kyogre rediculous amount of people lobby hopping app crashed 2 times I got into 5 out of 6 raids gonna try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

I actually liked todays format ,thought it was more interesting that the usual Community days of just endless catching for 3 hours , but the shiny rate was just way too low , should have been maybe every 4 or 5 tasks , or else have it as a full weekend event , but there is now a large number of frustrated people with no shiny , when 0/20 and 1/18 myself on 2 accounts , wasnt able to do the full event.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭josip

Couldn't do the event today, kinda happy to have missed it going by various reports.

Is DLC trainer on here?
    I'd like to sync Ultra Friends with them so that I can put an egg on.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm in the opposite boat; I already had several Kyogre and Ho-Oh before this event but no Lugia or Groudon. Thus far I've failed to catch Groudon in a raid (But got two more Kyogres, one after using only two balls and regular razz's instead of golden ones!) And my special field research yielded....Ho-Oh. :( Feels wrong to be disappointed but I'm running out of time to fill those two Dex slots!

Only managed one task during the Feebas window, and it wasn't a shiny. To date I've never had a shiny legendary, a shiny research Mon or a shiny egg hatch. The only shiny I've ever got from a raid is a Mawile! :o

If you’re in Dublin and want to be pogo friends, I’ve a spare lugia that I’d be happy to trade for a Kyogre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Anyone else noticed new Pokestops or Gyms nearby? My local park and surrounding area just got four 'stops and a new Gym that I've seen so far - maybe more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone else noticed new Pokestops or Gyms nearby? My local park and surrounding area just got four 'stops and a new Gym that I've seen so far - maybe more.
    Happened a couple of months ago; ended up with 3 new stops and one stop upgraded to Gym. It's tied in to Niantic's other game however where approval of those stops gets moved over into Pokemon Go.

• Advertisement

If you’re in Dublin and want to be pogo friends, I’ve a spare lugia that I’d be happy to trade for a Kyogre!

Sure, sounds good! :)

My friend code is in the Friend Codes thread, need to be at least "Great Friends" to trade a legendary afaik so better get cracking on gift-sending! :p

Sure, sounds good! :)

My friend code is in the Friend Codes thread, need to be at least "Great Friends" to trade a legendary afaik so better get cracking on gift-sending! :p

Cool! I've just sent you a request there, my name is Pumpkinachu610

Feckin hell, it's 800k stardust to trade an unowned legendary at Great Friends but only 80k at Ultra! Pity you can only send one gift a day!

Swinub community day!!

Mamoswine though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

budgese wrote: »
    Swinub community day!!

Mamoswine though.
    Thank God they did not make the special move on the Swinub evolution; I've already got a 100% and a second 98% leveled up to 35 in preperation for Mamoswine evolution and I have two more Swinubs ready to evolve as well for my Ice damage team...

I am so excited for this one. Love Mamoswine, have a bunch of good Piloswine saved up, and a few Sinnoh stones saved as well.

Possibly 5 stones from pvp in the 3 hour community day window, I love mamoswine been waiting for it to show up.

Completed the 7 day research today and got another feckin Entei. God damn it.

Completed the 7 day research today and got another feckin Entei. God damn it.

I've gotten 3 Suicune, I wish I'd gotten Entei instead.

• Advertisement

Is it too much to ask just for one measly Ho-Oh? I don’t even care if it’s decent, or if it’s shiny! I just want ONE!

Advertisement