Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Searching for a driving instructor? Post here *READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 puremeteor

Looking for a driving instructor in Dun Laoghaire/Deansgrange area for me and my wife. Wife is more experienced , I am a nervous driver and have done only a few lessons (am in my mid-30's) so need a patient instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macman501

Looking for a driving instructor in Dublin 13 / Malahide area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paj709

theCzar wrote: »
    Looking for an instructor in the Blackrock, Dublin area?
    Any luck here, how did you get on.?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys I need a really top class driving instructor ASAP - south Dublin area - Stillorgan. My wife has her test next Friday. She already failed the first time (Churchtown) now shes trying again in Tallaght. She absolutely needs to pass this time - absolutely needs her licence for next month. She's been doing lessons but I want a new instructor to do pretext and a few lessons before her.

Can anyone give me a recommendation or pm me if you are an instructor? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Need a driving instructor for the pretest in the Ballinteer area for the churchtown test centre. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hey guys,

looking fo a driving instructor for d1/2/4 area.

QQ -Do I have to pay for the 12 edt lessons in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

For anyone looking for an instructor on the Northside of Dublin, I used Alan O’Connell (he’s registered with ISM but also has his own school). He’s based in Santry but does lessons for both the Finglas and Raheny test routes. After I initially got assigned an instructor from ISM (her name was Judy McG) and took 5 lessons with her, I had to ring ISM and request a different instructor. After that, I stuck with Alan for over 20 lessons as he was just brilliant, he’d pull me up on things I was doing wrong but equally encouraged me on the good work I was doing. I’m convinced I wouldn’t have passed if it weren’t for him.

P.S.: I went from never ONCE sitting in front of a wheel before my first lesson, to passing my full test within 7 months. Couldn’t have asked for a better instructor than Alan and my boyfriend has been doing lessons with him since I passed a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Looking for a driver instructor in Limerick city area for an upcoming test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hi all! Need an instructor recommendation for south Dublin, specifically Sandyford/Stepaside area. This would be for my wife, who will be a bit nervous but not so much that she needs extra special treatment. She already knows the very basics and can drive, haltingly, around an empty industrial estate for example. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Looking for a driving instructor for 3 lessons and two pretests over the next week in Churchtown area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Looking for a good instructor for EDT in Dublin 1 or Dublin 7. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Looking for an instructor in Dublin 8 if anyone has recommendations? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stolenCubeBike

looking for an instructor d20/chapelizod ... any recommendations appreciated. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Paj709

Looking for an instructor in Blackrock, Co Dublin. If anyone has any recommendations. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If anyone has a really good instructor in Kildare/Monasterevin, it'd be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭lawless11

Looking for an instructor in the D14/UCD/Milltown/Goatstown area, PM me if you have any good recommendations! Thanks.

Hi, anyone have any recommendations for the Merrion Road/Strand Road/Sydney Parade/Sandymount area of Dublin?

Nervous adult (29), total beginner with no prior lessons, need to do EDT but don't have anyone suitable as a sponsor, so need a patient instructor who can cope with a slow learner that may not make much progress between lessons. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alegalalien

Could anyone pls recommend me a good instructor for Raheny test area. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

I'm in West Donegal so looking for recommendations for here or letterkenny please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm looking for recommendation for an instructor on the North side of Dublin, Drumcondra area (Dublin 3/9) for my partner. She has had a few lessons in the past but didn't like the instructor, her test is coming up fast in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can anyone recommend a good instructor for someone doing a test in the new center in Dun Laoghaire? They've done a good few lessons in Donegal a few years ago but never passed the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Looking for a driving instructor in Galway city if anyone has any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Looking for a driving instructor in Galway city if anyone has any recommendations?

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Polarity

Any recommendations for an instructor in D15?

Failed my test in Mulhuddart last week, need to sort out a few issues.

Ideally need an instructor that's reliable and available, the last fella was cancelling lessons on me constantly and it took 6 months to do 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

already finished my EDT lessons at the start of the year, but I'm looking for some good pre-test lessons in the D12 area.

Anyone have any good instructor recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alegalalien

I am looking for a good instructor for the Finglas test route. Thanks alot.
    By the way, what is the pretest lesson cost nowaday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭citygal93

I am looking for a good instructor for the Finglas test route. Thanks alot.
    By the way, what is the pretest lesson cost nowaday ?

I used <SNIP> (he’s registered with ISM but also has his own school) for the Finglas route and after I passed, my partner also used him and also passed on his first go. He was just brilliant, he’d pull me up on things I was doing wrong but equally encouraged me on the good work I was doing. I’m convinced I wouldn’t have passed if it weren’t for him. I went from never ONCE sitting in front of a wheel before my first lesson, to passing my full test within 7 months. Couldn’t have asked for a better instructor than him.

As for pretest costs, I'm not sure about other instructors but Alan only ever charged a standard lesson cost (€35) for pre tests!

Mod: Recommendations by PM only. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Can anyone recommend a good instructor for pretest sessions for the Tallaght route?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Looking for an instructor in the D14D16/Dundrum/Balinteer/Goatstown area, PM me if you have any good recommendations! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Similar to the above, I’m looking for a recommendation for an instructor in the Tallaght area.

Advertisement