Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

• 24-01-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

any interest in having a factory beef price tracker on here?

got 4 hiefers to go, 3rs and 1o

got the following quotes for base price on Mon 23 Jan

4.10e/kg aibp bandon
    4.15e/kg aibp cahir

quotes including bord bia
    am holding tough as hoping for 4.25e/kg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

hmmm suppose I could see what everyone else is getting :D

Would you not show the animals in the mart? majority of animals I have seen through the ring in the last 3 weeks have made more than going direct for slaughter. Its a funny old world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

a agent from dawnmeats waterford over the weekend was telling me of a guy getting 1.60 a pound last week for heifers,the same guy supplies 2 lorry loads a week.

leg wax wrote: »
    a agent from dawnmeats waterford over the weekend was telling me of a guy getting 1.60 a pound last week for heifers,the same guy supplies 2 lorry loads a week.

unless it a flat price for all quality assured U's he is talking through his rear end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

unless it a flat price for all quality assured U's he is talking through his rear end.
    no he had no reason to talk out his ass, and as for spec i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭dealerman

hmmm suppose I could see what everyone else is getting :D

why bob you getting more than the rest of us

cozzie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

]

unless it a flat price for all quality assured U's he is talking through his rear end.[/Quote]
    Just because you're not getting it doesn't mean it's not true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

OK

I sent two bullocks to kepak last week

1. Cold Kgs 398.40 , graded R+ , €4.11 per kg totalling 1,637.42
    2. Cold kgs 375.80 , graded O= , €3.93 per kg totalling 1,476.89

Is this the type of information you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sprouty

How does 1.30 p/lb or 3.64 c/kg sound for R grade cull cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

anyway we could keep this to actual verified prices offered/paid?
    rather than the stories of the lad 3 parish's over that gets twice the money than everyone else:rolleyes::rolleyes:

3.64 c/kg sounds like great money to me for a cull... especially considering young stock were hardly making that 12mths ago:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

sprouty wrote: »
    How does 1.30 p/lb or 3.64 c/kg sound for R grade cull cows?

Exactly what we sent cows into moyvalley for today. also 410 for heifers including 1 old one that got hard to go incalf and when she finally did the bitch slipped d calf at about half term:mad: Good money though me thinks:D

• Advertisement

[/Quote]
    Just because you're not getting it doesn't mean it's not true.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, talk is cheap, remember - believe half of what you see and a quarter of what you hear.
    dealerman wrote: »
    why bob you getting more than the rest of us

I wish:(

All I will say is be careful with who your dealing with,especially if they are offering the top price :rolleyes:

quoated prices this week €4 base blks €4.10 base young heifers
    most cattle being bought at these prices in the south not so up the country .05 to.10 cents more being got in cases cows over 600 pounds
    o grade €3.50 to3.60 r grade €3.60 to 3.70 some men claim to be getting €3.78 for heavy r and u grade cows

49801 wrote: »
    any interest in having a factory beef price tracker on here?

got 4 hiefers to go, 3rs and 1o

got the following quotes for base price on Mon 23 Jan

4.10e/kg aibp bandon
    4.15e/kg aibp cahir

quotes including bord bia
    am holding tough as hoping for 4.25e/kg

well we're going to take this offer.... knew we should have shifted them 2wks ago!!!:eek:

49801 wrote: »
    well we're going to take this offer.... knew we should have shifted them 2wks ago!!!:eek:

some hold tough:D

some hold tough:D

more to do with needing the pen for other animals as have to bring hiefers back in than price considerations really.
    I am happy so long as we get as good of a price as every1 else gets and there is a respectable margin. and those were prices quoted in the farming independant yesterday

we worked out a couple of years ago that cattle don't pay unless price is over 3.60e but this is the first period we've gotten that:eek:.

every fellow likes to maximise what he gets paid but i think you have to have a price that you happy with too.

i do find it extremely odd that last weeks prices are still not available on dept or icsa sites or any other online media:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

If you need the pens you have to shift them there can be a big difference between the price for 5 and the price for 20. if quality assured you should get a base of 3.20 +6cent quality assurance so R-= will be 4.26 and 0+ will be 4.14 look for the base prices if you have good quality contintal heifers

sorry that should be a base of 4.20

price of beef under pressure this week factorys upto all there old tricks again:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭MfMan

price of beef under pressure this week factorys upto all there old tricks again:mad::mad:
    Aye, was quoted €3.95 - €4 here in de west.

MfMan wrote: »
    Aye, was quoted €3.95 - €4 here in de west.

glad we killed last of our factory animals last week at a base of 4.16 incl bord bia

• Advertisement

factories pulling the price of cattle with one shower of rain

fookers :mad::mad:

factories pulling the price of cattle with one shower of rain

fookers :mad::mad:
    It has rained here for the last five weeks. I got 4.25/kg for r grade bullocks yesterday and I thought it wasn't too bad. Have they pulled the price much for next week?

huey1975 wrote: »
    It has rained here for the last five weeks. I got 4.25/kg for r grade bullocks yesterday and I thought it wasn't too bad. Have they pulled the price much for next week?

Was that the base or did it include the QA and I doubt if they will be able to pull prices by much in the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

They have pulled a nice bit over the last few days,but im still doing alrit for O grading cows 600lb +..

huey1975 wrote: »

Was that the base or did it include the QA and I doubt if they will be able to pull prices by much in the next few months
    They were over 30 months and it was a flat 425 for Rs and 430 for Us. He gave me the option of 420 on the grid but I took the flat price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

4.05 for O's and 4.25 for R bullocks in Moyvally

down south abp and dawn qoteing 4.05 base for blks 4.15 for heifers
    sold a load last week 4.35 for heifers and 4.20 for blks should have gone with more last week

dead prices have to fall, beef is very hard sold, may not be 20c a kilo though as yet, not killing until wednesday/thursday this week so don't know the price. should have gotten more animals out for slaughter last week but had to go away socializing :D:D.

dead prices have to fall, beef is very hard sold, may not be 20c a kilo though as yet, not killing until wednesday/thursday this week so don't know the price. should have gotten more animals out for slaughter last week but had to go away socializing :D:D.

Heard a factory manager/meatsale rep complaining that it was very serious as they were losing money made the point to him it was no issue back through the years when farmers were losing money.

The price factory cattle dose not have to fall the reality is that the huge margins that supermakets and factorys traditionally had has to be eaten into. also if Supermarkets have to increase prices on beef to the consumer then this has to happen.

Look at the price of lamb we were told three years ago it was not sustainable now we are into our third year were prices go from 4.5-6euros/kg with the price for most of the year hovering around the 5 mark.

The reality is that at the present price it is still unenomical to rear a animal from birth to finish especially with the price of ration gone up by 40% over the last 3 years and will be more expensive next winter. Fertlizer by about the same and agri diesel over 90 cent/litre on average whick will force a lot of contractors out of buisness over the next few years.

Bob this is the story the factories like to put out and expect us to swallow. They were very bullish last spring when they managed to control prices fom February-April they were talking about a beef price of 3.50 for the summer. Now because farmers are under pressure they are trying to get a good pull on price it will only last a few weeks especiall if the bloody weather picks up.

F##K UM if the shoe was on the other foot they would screw us to the wall as they will next year but for now we need to hold tough

• Advertisement

Heard a factory manager/meatsale rep complaining that it was very serious as they were losing money made the point to him it was no issue back through the years when farmers were losing money.

The price factory cattle dose not have to fall the reality is that the huge margins that supermakets and factorys traditionally had has to be eaten into. also if Supermarkets have to increase prices on beef to the consumer then this has to happen.

Look at the price of lamb we were told three years ago it was not sustainable now we are into our third year were prices go from 4.5-6euros/kg with the price for most of the year hovering around the 5 mark.

The reality is that at the present price it is still unenomical to rear a animal from birth to finish especially with the price of ration gone up by 40% over the last 3 years and will be more expensive next winter. Fertlizer by about the same and agri diesel over 90 cent/litre on average whick will force a lot of contractors out of buisness over the next few years.

Bob this is the story the factories like to put out and expect us to swallow. They were very bullish last spring when they managed to control prices fom February-April they were talking about a beef price of 3.50 for the summer. Now because farmers are under pressure they are trying to get a good pull on price it will only last a few weeks especiall if the bloody weather picks up.

F##K UM if the shoe was on the other foot they would screw us to the wall as they will next year but for now we need to hold tough

Very few if any farmers would survive on the margin that beef factories make. Only they operate such an efficient business with high turnover and low margin that leaves them money. Efficiencies at farm level are a joke, looking at beef farming as a whole such massive savings could be made. Look inwards and hope things are good outwards as you can affect that. This price fall has being coming for a few weeks now. get used to it.

3.75 is still my view for the back end, as I think market conditions will dictate such a price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement