Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2020, 14:15   #4471
Mental Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.J.Williams View Post
I found him very nice to be fair, i'm not a fan of drawing on guitars but the graphic he drew on my late (then very sick ) friends guitar was amazing
I think I know who you are talking about.....
Advertisement
08-01-2020, 18:58   #4472
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo Delaney View Post
As he said himself he was consumed by drugs back then a functioning addict his only desire each day was to score his fix each day and play a little rock n roll in between fixs
Duff's addiction to alcohol would be a more sociable addiction .
Something I noticed when reading the biographies was that Slash seemed to have a more detailed account of what was going on while Duff admits to having little or no memory of various dates on the 91-93 tour. Guess it's the various effects of different addictions.
well at least he admits it. I mean just go and look at the GNR interviews from 1992-93 that involved duff. He looks and sounds like death warmed up in them.

I think it was said that slash kept a diary of sorts but I remember that some of them were lost/stolen at some point. In all three biographies of GNR members outside of changing names of people for obvious reason and some vague recollections of events which aren't vague(slash and the St Louis riot etc) they were enjoyable books.

As lithium said about Slash and his struggles. You have to remember slash became famous on a huge scale at 22. I mean he's not the first to fall to the things that fame and fortune bring but thankfully he's come out the far side as have all of the GNR lads.
(2) thanks from:
23-01-2020, 17:27   #4473
Lithium93_

Slash did an interview with guitar.com during NAMM 2020. The topic of the new Guns album album came up, and here's what he had to say.

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

Quote:
There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s **** going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.
The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

Quote:
Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!

https://guitar.com/features/intervie...n-roses-album/
23-01-2020, 17:35   #4474
grames_bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickThickett View Post
Thanks very much. Hold tight I suppose. I know that the fanclub are notorious for posting things late so we'll see.
I got my redemption code and have ordered everything - hope you got sorted!
24-01-2020, 00:50   #4475
badabing106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium93_ View Post
Slash did an interview with guitar.com during NAMM 2020. The topic of the new Guns album album came up, and here's what he had to say.

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

https://guitar.com/features/intervie...n-roses-album/
Slash must be completely fed up with axls inability to release music. They should call the next tour "welcome to the cash grab tour"

It's a complete joke but at least slash has got a sense of humour and can see the funny side of it

Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 09:34   #4476
grames_bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing106 View Post
Slash must be completely fed up with axls inability to release music. They should call the next tour "welcome to the cash grab tour"

It's a complete joke but at least slash has got a sense of humour and can see the funny side of it
you do know that video is fake right?
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 14:49   #4477
BrickThickett

https://soundcloud.com/pablo-zayas-870400126

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size