Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay bars or hangouts in Midlands?

• 23-05-2019 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I live in Tullamore and I'm just wondering is there anything like gay bars around the Midlands or is it only for the city and bigger counties/towns?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I live in Tullamore and I'm just wondering is there anything like gay bars around the Midlands or is it only for the city and bigger counties/towns?

I don’t think there are any LGBT bars outside of Dublin, Cork or Galway. The population level in the Midlands probably would’t be enough to support one. I do think it would be nice if a venue opened in Limerick and Waterford to serve their regions.

About a decade ago there was a small group meeting up in Gertie’s Bar in Athlone but I don’t think that’s running any more.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I don’t think there are any LGBT bars outside of Dublin, Cork or Galway. The population level in the Midlands probably would’t be enough to support one. I do think it would be nice if a venue opened in Limerick and Waterford to serve their regions.

About a decade ago there was a small group meeting up in Gertie’s Bar in Athlone but I don’t think that’s running any more.

Repeated Limerick and not so repeated Waterford and Kilkenny bars have failed; and Dublin and Cork are massively below its peak number of them also. Era is over (for now anyway)

Advertisement