Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stark Tower (Superheroes Off Topic Thread)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

*Gets around to reading forum charter*
    •Spamming, trolling, flaming etc. are the qualities of Dr. Doom!

Hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to seeing which of the up coming movies drop teasers on Sunday for the SuperBowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wonder Woman and Guardians surely?

GoTG, Spider-Man & WW for sure.

Justice League maybe.

Log shot on Thor.

• Advertisement

Log shot on Thor.

408290.jpg

Slydice wrote: »
    408290.jpg

tumblr_nkksv47iKp1qgcra2o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I spend enough time reading this forum, I should probably say hello...

enjoy

Disappointing DC decided not to go with any Super Bowl tv spots for the up coming movies.

BossLogic an artist I follow on twitter did these he is well work a look at.

Some of the work below he has done if someone is linked to a role he draws them up and put them on on his media accounts.

Link to his twitter if anyone is interested.

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic

Russell Crowe as Cable and Emma Stone as Batgirl.

C5v0TkeU8AIeb2E.jpg

C5waxViVAAEZFCW.jpg
    C5wayhJU8AQwdu8.jpg

Zac Efron as Nightwing.
    C5mJgUmU0AA8OGx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

In terms of the actual fantasy casting, Crowe as Cable could be brilliant, Stone as Batgirl I could maybe see it but wouldn't be mad keen on it. Efron as Nightwing? God no keep him away from it! I enjoy him in some roles but Nightwing isn't one for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

Has to be Adam Driver for Nightwing!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh no. No no no no no. I really like Aaron Sorkin... but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Penn wrote: »
    Oh no. No no no no no. I really like Aaron Sorkin... but no.

I can't figure where he would/could be used. I guess he could fit into a Captain America sequel. Something along the lines of Winter Soldier, if it was a co-write...?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a weird combination and they don't seem immediately compatible. I'm on the fence about Sorkin generally, I don't necessarily see what the big deal is about his writing.

Mind you, while he doesn't seem a good fit for the 'front line' of (say) the MCU, he might more worthwhile as part of the expanding TV universe; another 'Defenders' spin-off perhaps, something with a few more board or court rooms. She-Hulk perhaps?

^^Good call. I've no time for his film work but am a big fan of the West Wing and The Newsroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

^^Good call. I've no time for his film work but am a big fan of the West Wing and The Newsroom.

Yeah I loved The Newsroom, and The Social Network and Moneyball are both utterly fantastic.

But his style of writing and the topics he usually covers don't fit well at all with almost any superhero property I can think of, unless it's in an advisory consultant role for (as per pixelburp's suggestion) something like She-Hulk courtroom scenes while someone else is responsible for writing the whole show.

Watched the Justice League Dark enjoyed it a lot for Matt Ryan voicing Constantine.

I was thinking after with all the comicbook tv shows and movies being made over the last few Constantine really did get hard done by being cancelled so quickly Matt Ryan really was fantastic in the role.

Watched the Justice League Dark enjoyed it a lot for Matt Ryan voicing Constantine.

I was thinking after with all the comicbook tv shows and movies being made over the last few Constantine really did get hard done by being cancelled so quickly Matt Ryan really was fantastic in the role.

Yeah I loved him. I hope regardless of the fate of that TV show he has a future in the role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

YouTube link to the 40 Years of Star Wars panel below if anyone is interested.

Just watched Hulu's new documentary about how Bob Kane hoodwinked the world into thinking he created Batman.

A sad story about Bill Finger who died in poverty without getting the credit he deserved.

Batman and Bill.

Just watched Hulu's new documentary about how Bob Kane hoodwinked the world into thinking he created Batman.

A sad story about Bill Finger who died in poverty without getting the credit he deserved.

Batman and Bill.

Haven't seen this yet, thanks for linking. It's a sad story and only recently have DC begun crediting Bill Finger, with comics and movies now saying "Batman created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger". Far too late now but it's something at least. I'll watch this documentary tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Adam West have died today aged 88. RIP.

:(

Haven't seen this yet, thanks for linking. It's a sad story and only recently have DC begun crediting Bill Finger, with comics and movies now saying "Batman created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger". Far too late now but it's something at least. I'll watch this documentary tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I listen to a podcast called heroes and villains that reviewed it and they were really angry at it, mainly because the documentarian was making out no one gave a damn about finger before he rushed to his aid (and it's true I've probably been aware of the shafting of Finger/ Seigel and Schuster/ Peter for probably decades), and stayed away from the real juicy stuff (it was in DC's interest not to acknowledge Finger as doing so would invalidate the deal Kane struck with them).

Dean Cain wants to revive Lois and Clark for a 5th season.

All I can say is please make it happen.

Dean Cain wants to revive Lois and Clark for a 5th season.

All I can say is please make it happen.

YES!!

Finally got around to watching Blade the series it wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.

I really would love to see Marvel reboot Blade either in the film MCU or even better on Netflix.

• Advertisement

Finally got around to watching Blade the series it wasn't great but it also wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.

I really would love to see Marvel reboot Blade either in the film MCU or even better on Netflix.

Weird, I was just talking about this series last night and how I never got past maybe the second episode despite it being fine.

Film or Netflix would be good with me but I'd probably also lean towards Netflix.

Advertisement