Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Practice German in Dublin

• 08-03-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm currently learning German and I find the thing I would like to do the most to help improve my German, would be to have conversations with other people learning the language. My girfriend is German but I don't like to annoy her everyday with my badly spoken German to her!

If we had a group get together every so oftern, I think we could help each other and make notes etc on how we can improve.

Would anyone in the Dublin area be interested in this. I'm at a basic level still but I think all levels would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 NewinDub

haha Just answered in another thread but here again ..I learned it because of my boyfriend too :D

>I've done courses with Maggi's German school. :) She has small classes of 3 or 4 students and she's native, which for me was the most important cause you hear it when they're not. Lessons were 10€ an hour. I think you get a free lesson to start and so you can see if you like it. We used the same book which was taught with in Goethe, so I could go to Goethe for the certificate exam. She's on facebook https://www.facebook.com/maggisgerman Not sure if the link will work, but if you type in Maggi's German school it should come up. Good luck with it, hope this was helpful[/QUOTE]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

There's already a language exchange group in the ilac centre library on thursdays AFAIK and groups for it on meetup.com

Advertisement