Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A fun way to learn German!

• 18-09-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey everyone! I a big big fan of the Deutsche Sprache but am always finding myself having no time to learn it, or moreso no reason to, especially if im working as i happen to be in a non German related role. So i was thinking of setting up a German debating team :D...to discuss matters of the day, politics, sports, anything of current interest really or of specific interest to anybody, and for purposes of lively discussion and entertainment. I did it in school back in the day and found if thoroughly enjoyable :D So im living in Kildare but easy access to Dublin. Preferably i suppose if there people living around the Kildare/Meath/Dublin area willing to come together at some stage in the week for the craic...What do u think????:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Another fun way is to get yourself a 'tandempartner(in)' where you arrange to meet up for a beer and a chat and divide your time equally between speaking German and English. It's also a good way to make friends and get a good Stammtisch going.

Advertisement