Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Saxon Accent!

Options
  • 15-08-2010 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I've heard a lot of my German friends complain about how this accent sounds. As a non-German, I've never heard it, but I would like to. Any audio/youtube clips of the Sachsen accent out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭alois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

For a whole film full of the dialect, along with all the Ossi stereotypes you could shake a stick at, check out Go Trabi go. (This clip with a bonus portion of Bairisch):

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

mackerski wrote: »
    For a whole film full of the dialect, along with all the Ossi stereotypes you could shake a stick at, check out Go Trabi go. (This clip with a bonus portion of Bairisch):

Mit Internet Explorer 8 sind diese Clips nicht sichtbar. Mit Mozilla Firefox kann man sie spielen.

Ich erkenne einen sächsischen Akzent. Einige Kumpels stammen aus Kaemenz und Annaberg im Freistaat Sachsen.

Kein bayerischer Bekannte beschwert sich über den sächsischen Akzent. Mindestens habe ich es nicht bemerkt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭mackerski

John C wrote: »
    Mit Internet Explorer 8 sind diese Clips nicht sichtbar. Mit Mozilla Firefox kann man sie spielen.

Auf meinem Rechner ist IE8 nicht sichtbar. Gut so ;)
    John C wrote: »
    Kein bayerischer Bekannte beschwert sich über den sächsischen Akzent. Mindestens habe ich es nicht bemerkt.

Halb Deutschland beschwert sich drüber, aber was soll's, so sprechen Menschen, und wo Menschen im Spiel sind gibt's immer was zu mögen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Furet wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of my German friends complain about how this accent sounds. As a non-German, I've never heard it, but I would like to. Any audio/youtube clips of the Sachsen accent out there?

this is just silly, but so people have stereotypes regarding accents and dialect. a working dub will be perceived to be a crimminal, posh accent less trusted thna rural etc.

in German it is no different. many senior GDR politicans came from saxony and for west Germans that was the East German accent. it is perceived to be the 'worst' accent.
    saxons I know speak both Hochdeutsch and saxonian depending on the situation.

you might find a few clips from Radio PSR on youtube where you can here people speaking normally in saxonian.

type in Wie du kannst kein Ostdeutsch!? to youtube. a bit dated but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Fuinseog wrote: »
    this is just silly, but so people have stereotypes regarding accents and dialect. a working dub will be perceived to be a crimminal, posh accent less trusted thna rural etc.

in German it is no different. many senior GDR politicans came from saxony and for west Germans that was the East German accent. it is perceived to be the 'worst' accent.
    saxons I know speak both Hochdeutsch and saxonian depending on the situation.

you might find a few clips from Radio PSR on youtube where you can here people speaking normally in saxonian.

type in Wie du kannst kein Ostdeutsch!? to youtube. a bit dated but good.

Ich stimme dem Genossen Fuinseog zu. :D

I used to live there and really like the accent. It's very colourful and good natured. But it's heavily associated with East German border guards, too... although many of these "Saxons" were probably from Thüringen and Sachsen-Ahhalt. :rolleyes:

Und nu, wenn mir eenma dabei sinn...

Doch gommd dr Saggse nach Berlin
    Da kennse ihn nisch leidn
    Da wollnse ihm een driebrziehn
    Da wollnse mit ihm streidn
    Und tut ihrn ooch verscheissrn
    Sei Liedschn singdr eisrn
    Nu wahr?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

That Mabi guy is great, peasant. He's like the Eddie Lenihan of Sachsen! :D

... und die dreie genehmischdn sisch erschtema n schienen Bliemschngaffee mit ner rischtisch leggern Eierschegge...

... und wenn sie nee gestorben sinn, denn reden sie noch heute so schien Seggsch.

Steffen Lukas, the guy who does Sinnlos Telefon on Radio PSR is a bit of a legend too. I guess this is his best known Sinnlos-Telefon-Verarsche:

Advertisement