Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

211 reg cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I know we’re not supposed to post without a picture, but hopefully an exception can be made for this.

211-D-8000, a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The VRT on that would make your eyes water.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

ELM327 wrote: »
    The VRT on that would make your eyes water.

it would for a private buyer, but I imagine it will be leased and the Vrt re-claimed on export at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Isambard wrote: »
    it would for a private buyer, but I imagine it will be leased and the Vrt re-claimed on export at some stage.

Exported where?

Do leasing companies offer RR here?
    I know you can get nice cars in the UK on PCH but we dont have that here
    You can get a new Aston for less per month on PCH than I'm paying on my S for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Exported where?

If exported to the U.K. 10% duty would be liable upon importation there!

Can’t see a leasing company here taking on a Rolls Royce with a plan to export it and claim back the VRT, that would be far too risky as who knows how much VRT revenue would pony up?

Fair play to whoever has it, and regardless if they bought cash, lease or PCP it it will cost them a small fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Casati wrote: »
    If exported to the U.K. 10% duty would be liable upon importation there!

Can’t see a leasing company here taking on a Rolls Royce with a plan to export it and claim back the VRT, that would be far too risky as who knows how much VRT revenue would pony up?

Fair play to whoever has it, and regardless if they bought cash, lease or PCP it it will cost them a small fortune.

why so? built in GB, excise duty deal applies.

I didn't mean to imply it would be instantly exported. just that export at the end of it's use period by a business in , say, three years, and it could be exported and the VRT reclaimed. It wouldn't actually cost a business that much with all the expenses allowed against tax.

I didn't mean to imply it would be instantly exported. just that export at the end of it's use period by a business in , say, three years, and it could be exported and the VRT reclaimed. It wouldn't actually cost a business that much with all the expenses allowed against tax.

Depends what you mean by ‘that much’ but my guess it’s that it’s 700k here so approx 260k VRT and will shed at least 100k pa in depreciation. VRT on export can only be reclaimed against what revenue deem its value to be at that time so say they value it at 350k then the VRT repayment probably not much over 100k and the car. I could be wrong but understand that cars made in U.K. but imported from a third country are liable to U.K import duty of 10%.

There is a max €24k value for capital allowances write off, zero Vat can be claimed as it’s not commercial so there isn’t any magic tax incentive for a company to buy one here.

The driver would be likely liable to BIK at 30% so that’s a tax bill of over 100k p.a for her. The company would have to pay that employee an extra 200k a year to cover her tax bill

I love to see new cars like these, and salute whoever has it but the cost involved is eye watering for the average person like me

Built in GB but they are all German parts
    I dont think 40% of the constituent part is GB, therefore the deal doesnt work here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had a Clio on loan from a garage whilst there were working on my car. Hands down the most miserable, dreadful thing I've ever driven. I don't understand someone who sits into one of them new and goes ahead purchasing one.

You've obviously never tried a base level VW then.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Built in GB but they are all German parts
    I dont think 40% of the constituent part is GB, therefore the deal doesnt work here

Whats the 40% rule? Are you implying RR's are technically classified by customs as German cars?

Whats the 40% rule? Are you implying RR's are technically classified by customs as German cars?
    In order to qualify for a non duty import, at least 40% of the good must be made in GB.

For example, buying a BMW from the UK would require 10% import duty as it is made in Germany with German parts.

If the RR is assembled in the UK using German parts, then the revenue would have to determine how much value was added by the assembly and I doubt it's 40%, ergo the duty would apply

EDIT:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-rules-of-origin-trade-5321296-Jan2021/
    The Brexit agreement, which was sealed four and a half years after Britons voted to leave the European Union, grants zero customs duties if at least roughly 50 percent of an exported product is made in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Depends what you mean by ‘that much’ but my guess it’s that it’s 700k here so approx 260k VRT and will shed at least 100k pa in depreciation. VRT on export can only be reclaimed against what revenue deem its value to be at that time so say they value it at 350k then the VRT repayment probably not much over 100k and the car. I could be wrong but understand that cars made in U.K. but imported from a third country are liable to U.K import duty of 10%.

There is a max €24k value for capital allowances write off, zero Vat can be claimed as it’s not commercial so there isn’t any magic tax incentive for a company to buy one here.

The driver would be likely liable to BIK at 30% so that’s a tax bill of over 100k p.a for her. The company would have to pay that employee an extra 200k a year to cover her tax bill

I love to see new cars like these, and salute whoever has it but the cost involved is eye watering for the average person like me

700k to buy the roller here? Seriously that much? Thats mental altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

In order to qualify for a non duty import, at least 40% of the good must be made in GB.

For example, buying a BMW from the UK would require 10% import duty as it is made in Germany with German parts.

If the RR is assembled in the UK using German parts, then the revenue would have to determine how much value was added by the assembly and I doubt it's 40%, ergo the duty would apply

EDIT:
    https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-rules-of-origin-trade-5321296-Jan2021/

Thats interesting. I'd assume the assembly of RR's is very manual and skilled so it might make the threshold, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen a black 211 Mitsubishi L200 yesterday. KE reg.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I know we’re not supposed to post without a picture, but hopefully an exception can be made for this.

211-D-8000, a brand new Rolls Royce Phantom

Why no picture?

That's the kind of car we would all love to see her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

211-D-12345 Mercedes G-wagen G63 AMG ie €285k!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Marcusm wrote: »

I know that car, it’s fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

211D1 (mayors car ) is a Volvo S90 T8

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Wexford 96

I saw 1 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Had a look at these in person earlier and it's a very nice car indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Marcusm wrote: »

Looks like a Mercedes "Jimney". To each their own I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

The old model phantom was 650k here wonder what that cost??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

ofcork wrote: »
    The old model phantom was 650k here wonder what that cost??

VRT for the top bands went up like 1 percent so not much more.

The mad thing is there’s been a 2 Rolls Royce registered.

Now sold more than Alfa Romeo lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

L-M wrote: »
    VRT for the top bands went up like 1 percent so not much more.

The mad thing is there’s been a 2 Rolls Royce registered.

Now sold more than Alfa Romeo lol

I suppose it's all relative but 1% of €650,000 is €6,500.

That's 3 Bangernomics motors and a weekend away to you :)

elperello wrote: »
    I suppose it's all relative but 1% of €650,000 is €6,500.

That's 3 Bangernomics motors and a weekend away to you :)

Well, VRT is based on the EX VRT amount.

So maybe 4500.... and if you can afford a Rolls Royce that’s probably not even a night away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

L-M wrote: »
    Well, VRT is based on the EX VRT amount.

So maybe 4500.... and if you can afford a Rolls Royce that’s probably not even a night away.

Forgot about that.

I could afford one but I'd have to live in it :)

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Forgot about that.

I could afford one but I'd have to live in it :)

I wonder how far into the mortgage application you’d get before they realised it was a car, lol.

Advertisement