Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Army General Service Recruitment 2018 - Second Round

• 10-09-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19 Kerastes

The second round of recruitment begun today 10/Sep/2018 it will end 7/Oct/2018.

I applied for the 2nd brigade.

We can use this thread to talk about the process as we go through it and bounce stuff of each other.

If anyone who has been through the process either earlier this year or in previous years it'd be a huge help if you could answer a few questions for me.

When does the Psychometric testing begin ?
    From there how long of a wait is there between each step Psychometric->Physical->Interview->Medical->Background check->Begin training.
    Overall how long does the whole process take ?
    Is it all worth it ?

See I'm physically highly athletic and I know I can pass the physical exam easily. Honestly I just want to get started with training as soon as possible, so if there is anyway for me to speed up the whole process it'd be great to know.

Best of luck to everyone in applying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

Psychometric tests usually start a week or two after the closing date for applying. Waiting for the results depends, some people get results within two weeks after that some wait over a month maybe even 2 months, that's what happened to me, I was one of the first people to do the psych tests and one of the last to get a call for a interview and physical tests. 

Once you do the interview and physical, things pick up pretty fast and you usually wait for an email for a week and they tell you to come to the next stage which is usually two weeks after the email. 

Whole process took pretty long, I applied on the 26th of March did Psych test between 24th and 29th of April, can't remember exactly, then got the interview and physical on the 8th of August. After that the medical was on the 6th of September and now I'm starting on the 17th of September. 

This was all for the navy, Garda vetting was done with the Interview, might be different for the army, but hope this helps you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

Fair play pal , whereabouts you training? Rumour is Donegal could be the next platoon in another 2 weeks. Do you have to accept their first offer does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

FluxCap22 wrote: »
    Fair play pal , whereabouts you training? Rumour is Donegal could be the next platoon in another 2 weeks. Do you have to accept their first offer does anyone know?
    Starting in Haulbowline in Cork, Navy does all its recruit training there

• Registered Users Posts: 20 FluxCap22

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    Starting in Haulbowline in Cork, Navy does all its recruit training there

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kerastes

Hey ! Just wondering, there are rules against neck tattoos. But their website says nothing about sleeves.

I have a sleeve which goes half way down my forearm. Will that be an issue in the competition ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Jemma Yummy Meadow

Kerastes wrote: »
    Hey ! Just wondering, there are rules against neck tattoos. But their website says nothing about sleeves.

I have a sleeve which goes half way down my forearm. Will that be an issue in the competition ?

Sleeves are fine once they don't go down onto your hand, ie once they're covered by a shirt or coat sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Alright lads if anyone hears about a date for the psyc test or fitness test throw it in to the thread hopefully wont be waiting long now to start the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Budah

Alright lads if anyone hears about a date for the psyc test or fitness test throw it in to the thread hopefully wont be waiting long now to start the process.

Got an email regarding psychometric today

"This test will be open from today 12 October 2018 until Midnight 21 October 2018."

Budah wrote: »
    Got an email regarding psychometric today

"This test will be open from today 12 October 2018 until Midnight 21 October 2018."

Got it too ! Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ionaadevonn

Got an email today for the fitness and interview for the 12th November

• Advertisement

Got an email today for the fitness and interview for the 12th November

Ah good. Make sure to bring everything they tell you !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

Did tests...couple weeks ago...heard nothing..Will I hear something one way or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dubted

Did tests...couple weeks ago...heard nothing..Will I hear something one way or another?

Dubted wrote: »

I already got a response called in for a set date. From my understanding through reading different threads and comments on the recruitment process, people get called at different times to dofferent places. So I wouldnt be worried if I was in your position.

On a side note the psychometric testing js easy enough. Ive actually done these before for something entirely different, you always perform better than you think.

When and where is your fitness and interview if you don’t mind me asking?

When and where is your fitness and interview if you don’t mind me asking?

Same as you.

What are your times ? Currently running 9.33 on the 1.5 miles.

Same as you.

What are your times ? Currently running 9.33 on the 1.5 miles.

Im currently around the 10-11 minute mark on the 1.5, hoping I’ll do better on the day with the adrenaline

Im currently around the 10-11 minute mark on the 1.5, hoping I’ll do better on the day with the adrenaline

How did you do, I got my dates confused when I replied and im not the same date as you.

Any tips ?

How did you do, I got my dates confused when I replied and im not the same date as you.

Any tips ?

It’s actually handy the instructors are so encouraging like so don’t worry about the day... make sure you have all documents with you and the interview was easy just be yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishguy177

Hi all, did my medical just over nine weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. My vetting has already gone through so just waiting to hear back from my medical. Does it normally take this long? And how much longer should this take? Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Hi all, did my medical just over nine weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. My vetting has already gone through so just waiting to hear back from my medical. Does it normally take this long? And how much longer should this take? Thanks guys.

Same boat as you buddy, If you had any extra documents to supply you never know how long it could take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irishguy177

Is anyone still waiting to hear back on weather they passed the induction process? Thanks.

Advertisement