Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

50 Euros Last Man Standing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Full list of team names....

1. McBain11 - Calmwood MH
    2. Mectavba - RodLiddleWroteIt
    3. begbysback - AnLed
    4. Ros1234 - Rock Rovers
    5. AdPro - The Craggy Islanders
    6. Green&Red - Dunks of Hazard
    7. Klopparama - On me head son
    8. Skreddy - The Ultra Lumps
    9. Shane732 - Park The Bus
    10. KathleenGrant - Kathleen's Heroes
    11. tubbercowboy - Craggy Islands Elite

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skreddy

Great Comp! Great Idea! Bit Of Interest Anyway : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

At a function yesterday. No network so couldn't check ff. Logged on this morning to see only 6 behind. Not bad yer man ahead had only 2 players yesterday....Oh well.

Ron liddle I'm coming for you.

With about 7 teams within 25 points of the bottom spot, there's a lot of teams still in the mix for elimination. All to play for.

Just as an FYI, after this weekend, it all starts again where just the September tally alone comes into play for the next elimination.

• Advertisement

just realised this gameweek is the last in August. :eek: Thought there were 4 somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Sick league - last place is in top 10% outright

begbysback wrote: »

Did you mean something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Did you mean something else?

He means it in the sense of quality.

As in Quality League

Must be Dub thing cause I got it :pac:

He means it in the sense of quality.

As in Quality League

Must be Dub thing cause I got it :pac:

Never heard that before. If anything I would have thought sick meant poor quality.

• Advertisement

just realised this gameweek is the last in August. :eek: Thought there were 4 somehow.

Realised my mistake. First deadline was 10th and I added 21 to get 31.
    Just remembered deadline first week was a Fri not a Sat.
    I hate when I am thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Never heard that before. If anything I would have thought sick meant poor quality.

It can actually mean both. But in this sense it was good based on the 10% comment

It can actually mean both. But in this sense it was good based on the 10% comment

Well seeing as how I am last and obviously still top 10% I will thank his comment.:D:D:D:D

begbysback wrote: »

Did not realise that! A serious standard in this league so far so.

And so it begins, one team will get the chop in the few days time. Will Kathleen pull off the great escape? Will Ron Liddle finally get what's coming to him after leaving his missus and running off with a young wan? :pac: Will Calmwood not be so calm come Monday night? All to play for. Best of luck to all this weekend.

McBain11 wrote: »

And so it begins, one team will get the chop in the few days time. Will Kathleen pull off the great escape? Will Ron Liddle finally get what's coming to him after leaving his missus and running off with a young wan? :pac: Will Calmwood not be so calm come Monday night? All to play for. Best of luck to all this weekend.

I need a miracle from Trippier tomorrow. Goal, assist, clean sheet and bonus will do.

Looks that way alright. I've seen much stranger things happen in FPL though, so don't give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

With how Man U have started the season, I'm certainly not counting my chickens.

As an aside - I'm 280k OR and still in danger of going out....that's mad! Roughly top 5%

I need a miracle from Trippier tomorrow. Goal, assist, clean sheet and bonus will do.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Unless I have miscalculated I think I did! Trippier my hero if so...

Yep Kathleen, looks like the miracle of Manchester has happened with Trippiers 11 point haul at Old Trafford!! Great way to get through.

Unfortunately Mectavba with the wonderfully named FPL team RodLittleWroteIt looks to be gone. This is a bit of a brutal format with the monthly last man standing. Unlucky my good man.

I will confirm all of the above for definite tomorrow, just in case some FPL error has thrown a score off somehow. Highly unlikely, but better safe than sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Irony of ironies that my strongest start in years (albeit with a crap week this week) sees me out already. Well done Kathleen, but I'll be cursing Trippier all season. Best of luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Unlucky dude - I'll refund your entry fee if I win

And so it is lads, the first player to bow out is official. Unlucky Mectavba and best of luck in all other leagues this season.

Just a reminder as we move forward. We now all start on 0 points for September. I do not have a lead on a handful of people going into this week, as my overall score is now irrelevant in this LMS league.

Easiest way to look at it, is that once you use the filter tab from 'Overall' to 'September' etc. going forward, that is how the game will be managed for eliminations from now on. Links below to different tabs.

Also, the slight quirk about transfers made the week before a new month starts comes into play. I'm pretty sure you no receive no points hits (see link below) on any made this week. I will be taking a couple of hits myself and I don't think these will be deducted from my September score. If any of that is wrong, just mention it here lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

And so it is lads, the first player to bow out is official. Unlucky Mectavba and best of luck in all other leagues this season.

Just a reminder as we move forward. We now all start on 0 points for September. I do not have a lead on a handful of people going into this week, as my overall score is now irrelevant in this LMS league.

Easiest way to look at it, is that once you use the filter tab from 'Overall' to 'September' etc. going forward, that is how the game will be managed for eliminations from now on. Links below to different tabs.

Also, the slight quirk about transfers made the week before a new month starts comes into play. I'm pretty sure you no receive no points hits (see link below) on any made this week. I will be taking a couple of hits myself and I don't think these will be deducted from my September score. If any of that is wrong, just mention it here lads.

Controversial! I'm not sure I'm in favour of that rule, I know thats the way its set up in FPL though. In theory I could make it to the last month and be doing **** overall and basically WC while the other person is using the same team to go for mini leagues and can't afford to do that.

So I'd propose that maybe from Jan on we could these transfer hits

Green&Red wrote: »
    Controversial! I'm not sure I'm in favour of that rule, I know thats the way its set up in FPL though. In theory I could make it to the last month and be doing **** overall and basically WC while the other person is using the same team to go for mini leagues and can't afford to do that.

So I'd propose that maybe from Jan on we could these transfer hits

Will only change it now if there was unanimous agreement from every single person on here. I set it out at the very beginning that the quirk was in the system. I pointedly said that this was the case! As obviously come the last few months, there is the possibility that lads will just aim to win this league only and take lots of hits.

Personally, I was ok with the quirks because it allows me just to run the game off the FPL site, saving me tallying up weekly scores at the end of each month!! Basically I'm a lazy b*ollox :D

If there is unanimous agreement I am happy to change it from a certain point in the season though. So I'll put it to the people. Below is what people need to agree to. So I need the 9 other remaining players besides myself to thank this post in agreement and then we'll run as below.

The league will run as outlined until the end of December, quirks regarding transfers in play, just using the filter on the FPL website to see who is eliminated with the lowest score each month. For Januarys monthly tally onwards, points hits will be taken into account for the remainder of the competition. So I'll tally the few gameweek scores from your gameweek history, thereby eliminating the wee quirk at the start of each month.

If you are ok with that, please thank this post. I need all 9 thanks or there will be no change.

McBain I don’t want to be a pain but the only reason I won’t thank the above post is that I believe it should be the same from start to finish.

I don’t care if hits are included or not but I do think it should be the same scoring rules for every month.

I don’t see any reason to treat the scoring differently from a certain point of the season.

McBain I don’t want to be a pain but the only reason I won’t thank the above post is that I believe it should be the same from start to finish.

I don’t care if hits are included or not but I do think it should be the same scoring rules for every month.

I don’t see any reason to treat the scoring differently from a certain point of the season.

That's no pain to me whatsoever Klopp, and I'd agree with your points mostly. As I stated from the start (post number 2 in this thread) and a couple of times since, there is a quirk in the transfer hits before each month. I clearly stated that the rules permitted these hits, so it's not like I've moved the goalposts at any point in regards to this.

I am perfectly happy either way to change such a rule, but it would only be done with every single person still involved being happy to do so.

So as we won't have unanimous backing for a change to the original rules and scoring, we will stick with it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Very reasonable offer to change it based on everyone agreeing. It would involve a nice little bit of extra work for you each month (you would have to let everyone know the minus figures at the start of the month in reality) and probably keep reminding each GW just to keep everyone aware of the standings.

It was clearly stated at the start in fairness. Don't think I would be offering tbh but you're obviously a better person :)

Sorry for butting in. Waiting on price changes!

Then I’ve misunderstood.

I’m happy to go with whatever was outlined initially.

That’s only fair.

Excuse my stupidity.

Just to clarify - I’m going with whatever was suggested, from the start, that would make life easier for McBain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ros1234

I’ve misunderstood as well.

What we could do is after the GW starts at the start of each month, post here with what points hit you've taken and we could keep it transparent, it would save McBain doing a tally every month, just a suggestion. But I'm happy to go with whatever way is decided.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement