Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Has anyone else seen this:

https://www.stats.com/careers/

Check out the soccer data collection agent jobs in Limerick

Closest thing I've seen to making this obsession a career...

* author is in no way affiliated to Stats

I work there if anyone wants any info on the jobs we have available.

A data collection agent does nothing that would make you a better fantasy football player, just an fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

callaway92 wrote: »
    I work there if anyone wants any info on the jobs we have available.

A data collection agent does nothing that would make you a better fantasy football player, just an fyi

You're a real life Moneyballer!? I'm actually a statistician myself in a very different sector but thought it was worth giving the heads up on here, might be a few interested. These are obviously data collection roles, not really analysis roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You're a real life Moneyballer!? I'm actually a statistician myself in a very different sector but thought it was worth giving the heads up on here, might be a few interested. These are obviously data collection roles, not really analysis roles.

Yup - guy that founded Stats was the Moneyball guy himself! All started in Baseball.

They are good roles for students or people only lookin for part time work really.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Yup - guy that founded Stats was the Moneyball guy himself! All started in Baseball.

They are good roles for students or people only lookin for part time work really.

Yeah, it's all evening and weekend work (when matches are on), beats the jobs I had to do during college!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah, it's all evening and weekend work (when matches are on), beats the jobs I had to do during college!
    My eldest is starting college in 12 months time
    This would be ideal
    So I hope whomever gets it gets fired in a year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    My eldest is starting college in 12 months time
    This would be ideal
    So I hope whomever gets it gets fired in a year :D

Or promoted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

As promised, here's the latest headwrecker/squad planning sheet.

I've put a column in for player value - at the minute this will be manual but I'll have a look at automating something if I get time and, more importantly, access to a player database.

I've added the European games as well which might be useful I think - not 100% sure if I've got them in between the right gameweeks so let me know if there's anything incorrect and I'll update.

Just to note as well - as with the previous sheet, the 3 letter team name (ARS, CHE etc) is the main driver for the formulas so player name isn't critical at the minute so you can fire away with KDB, Bavies etc. This might change if I manage to get my hands on the pricing information.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

^^^

We all dream of a team of Mo Salahs,
    A team of Mo Salahs
    A team of Mo Salahs!

:pac:

((Excellent work though, as ever :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Cartman78 wrote:
    Dammit - foiled again :angry: Found a workable fixture list format just now - will tip away at it over the next couple of days and post up here when it's finished. Any favoured abbreviations for the promoted teams? I'm going with WOL, CAR and FUL for the minute

As a Villa fan can we go with C**** for Fulham ?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Do u have any spaces?

• Advertisement

Rui Patricio (Portuguese keeper ) has signed for Jorge Mendes FC

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Any idea what date the site will go live this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

19ad3h.jpg?a424560

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

For real though you're looking at the 15th of July kinda ball park.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A few days either side of the World Cup final I reckon. So anywhere between 13-17 July I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do we have dates it's gone live in years of a major tourney? I seem to recall they normally wait until after.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    Do we have dates it's gone live in years of a major tourney? I seem to recall they normally wait until after.

The start dates since 2006 are available on Fiso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭McBain11

Has there much more chatter about the likes of Salah being classified as a forward next season? I only ask as everytime I listened to the English media during the world cup, they spoke of him as if he was a centre forward, which obviously he's not. It would turn the game upside down if they start classing wide forwards or high wingers as forward options in the game. Especially if Salah became one while others weren't reclassified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Be wary of throwing Kane in at the start if england go far. Also he doesn’t score in August lol...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Be wary of throwing Kane in at the start if england go far. Also he doesn’t score in August lol...

I think it could be the opposite. I reckon the further England go in the World Cup the more likely it is for Kane to score in August.

He clearly takes his time in getting up to speed after the summer break, but with no real break in this summer compared to others, he could already be up to speed come the start of the season.

Of course, come the end of the season he could become more fatigued, but that's the case with most of the World Cup players that will play in the latter stages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭McBain11

Would agree, think Kane will be flying it at the start of the PL season if England make the SF onwards. In saying that I expect Colombia to put them out in the next round. I actually have a sneaky feeling the dogged Swedes will make the SF and possibly final. You heard it here first!

https://www.premierleague.com/news/763294?sf192900653=1

Siggy
    Lovely fixtures
    Hopefully a price drop to around the magic 7.5ml mark

Well rested after Iceland’s early exit

Get in my team ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

I wonder will Alexis Sanchez be much cheaper next season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I wonder will Alexis Sanchez be much cheaper next season

He’s on my watch list. Also no World Cup for him so should be fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is there any chance of the "maximum captain" chip coming in,ie:ur highest scoring player automatically being the captain for a one off week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is there any chance of the "maximum captain" chip coming in,ie:ur highest scoring player automatically being the captain for a one off week

They've tried a few different things in other games. In the scandi one they did a kind of all out defence thing where all your defenders got double points. I think they will probably stick to just three chips as four seems a bit much but maybe they'll change the third chip again and ditch the free hit for something new.

I think max captain would work better in the FPL format that the multi captain format not so much value in it when you normally end up with one of your highest scoring players anyway.

• Was hoping Chadli would have a quiet summer focusing on a good preseason and getting over all his niggling injuries.

Then a nice quiet move to a mid table team and a price tag of no more than 5.5m in FPL.

Popping up with a late winner in a World Cup knock out match was not part of my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fpl starting to release prices of selected players tosay

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Aguero = 11m

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Aguero = 11m

He will prob have retired from int football too

Advertisement