Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

vasectomy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

JJ wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a deal on vasectomies, GrabOne are doing a deal right now with Vasectomy Ireland:

http://www.grabone.ie/refer/17308

It's €195 instead of €395. This is with the same doctor who did mine and he's been doing The Snip for over 30 years.

had it done last fri, 7 mins it took, no pain meds, tender till sat ngt, out walkin dog as normal sunday morn..

still tenderish but nothing bad at all.

was at least 15 used gator scissors in the bowl,and 5 more lads waiting after me, that was at 12.45 in the day.

all in all i find dentist worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dominya

barone wrote: »
    had it done last fri, 7 mins it took, no pain meds, tender till sat ngt, out walkin dog as normal sunday morn..

still tenderish but nothing bad at all.

was at least 15 used gator scissors in the bowl,and 5 more lads waiting after me, that was at 12.45 in the day.

all in all i find dentist worse.

Was this by <name of clinic/doctor removed> yea?
    Getting mine down on the 19th. Gotta love his non ageist attitude. I'm 23, soon to be 24 and he didn't hesitate at all. Asked me the usual questions via email and then gave me the go ahead to make a booking.

Dominya wrote: »
    Was this by <name of clinic/doctor removed> yea?
    Getting mine down on the 19th. Gotta love his non ageist attitude. I'm 23, soon to be 24 and he didn't hesitate at all. Asked me the usual questions via email and then gave me the go ahead to make a booking.

Got mine done in clane co kildare.. groupon voucher..

No emails..just a booking and confirmation call two days prior..which was good coz i didnt wanna be dwellin on it.

Got mine done in clane co kildare.. groupon voucher..

No emails..just a booking and confirmation call two days prior..which was good coz i didnt wanna be dwellin on it.

Yup that's the guy. Thanks for sharing your experience; I can't wait to get it over and done with.

i was eating a breakfast roll from the petrol station 2 minutes after havin it done :)

• Advertisement

i was eating a breakfast roll from the petrol station 2 minutes after havin it done :)

That's the shot :P I don't mean to be nosey but, what did he say regarding post-op sperm count? Do you have to travel back to Clane to submit a sample or can it be mailed? And any idea on time frame?

That's the shot :P I don't mean to be nosey but, what did he say regarding post-op sperm count? Do you have to travel back to Clane to submit a sample or can it be mailed? And any idea on time frame?

your given a pre paid padded envelope with the return date and faq's sheet inside,along with the little container.. it goes to dublin after 18 wks post procedure.

your given a pre paid padded envelope with the return date and faq's sheet inside,along with the little container.. it goes to dublin after 18 wks post procedure.

You're a gentleman! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Asher72

What a knob real men don't shoot blanks!

It's much easier for a man to get a vasectomy than it is for a woman to get sterilsed so kudos to you for going and getting it done you are saving your wife/partner a more invasive surgery.

It's rare for there to be side affects post operative pain shouldn't happen and if it does and doesn't feel normal then you should get it checked out.

As for the guy who hates kids and is only 28 what are you thinking??? Put a condom on end of problem.

Asher72 wrote: »
    What a knob real men don't shoot blanks!

It's much easier for a man to get a vasectomy than it is for a woman to get sterilsed so kudos to you for going and getting it done you are saving your wife/partner a more invasive surgery.

It's rare for there to be side affects post operative pain shouldn't happen and if it does and doesn't feel normal then you should get it checked out.

As for the guy who hates kids and is only 28 what are you thinking??? Put a condom on end of problem.

I'm only 24 and getting it done; whats your point? Who are you to judge someone on the decisions they've made?

• Advertisement

24 and think you know your own mind?

I'm 41 and still don't know my own mind. Life changes so do your needs, wants and desires.

Asher72 wrote: »
    24 and think you know your own mind?

I'm 41 and still don't know my own mind. Life changes so do your needs, wants and desires.

So you don't know your own mind, but feel justified to tell someone else they don't know theirs?
    With all due respect, p1ss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Im sure someone is dying to ask this, but does your gear still come out alot or little less now?

mad m wrote: »
    Im sure someone is dying to ask this, but does your gear still come out alot or little less now?

I've actually struggled to find a reliable answer to that one. Some say volume drops by a tiny bit, some say there's no difference. Guess it depends on the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've actually struggled to find a reliable answer to that one. Some say volume drops by a tiny bit, some say there's no difference. Guess it depends on the individual.
    I don't think it's been studied in any major way.

Sperm only makes up a small proportion of the ejaculate, the majority of it is fluids which assist the sperm on their way. Sperm concentration in a sample will vary with every shot based on an uncountable number of factors, so a huge load may contain relatively little sperm while a small load may be highly concentrated in sperm.

On average there would have to be a drop in volume, but it's probably so small as to be unnoticeable. The body is unaware that the testicles have been disconnected and just keeps doing what it's doing.

not noticing any difference tbh

How very grown up of you. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - Gentlemen, please keep it civil.
    Asher72 and Dominya welcome to the forum. As you are new here I would suggest you read The Gentlemen's Club charter before posting again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055651086

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had it done today in Clane.

I expected a lot worse.

Got in for op at 12.10 and out by 12.25

Pain : You get a small pin prick of a needle each side before the op, and that is about all the discomfort. I mean small, it is barely noticeable. The dentist is a lot worse than that. There is a tiny pinching sensation that lasts about 10 seconds during the op, not sure at what stage. I have a fear of needles so I did'nt look. The guy is friendly and his conversation all through the op keeps your mind off the procedure.

I drove home afterwards and took Nurofen plus (on recommendation of a boards user on this thread). 10 hours later and I have no pain whatsoever. I took today and tommorrow off work. Did'nt want to risk doing damage tomorrow.

I promised to do this 8 years ago and finally got round to it. €395 total and that includes the sperm count test in February which I send off by post in the container they gave me.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I had it done today in Clane.

I expected a lot worse.

Got in for op at 12.10 and out by 12.25

Pain : You get a small pin prick of a needle each side before the op, and that is about all the discomfort. I mean small, it is barely noticeable. The dentist is a lot worse than that. There is a tiny pinching sensation that lasts about 10 seconds during the op, not sure at what stage. I have a fear of needles so I did'nt look. The guy is friendly and his conversation all through the op keeps your mind off the procedure.

I drove home afterwards and took Nurofen plus (on recommendation of a boards user on this thread). 10 hours later and I have no pain whatsoever. I took today and tommorrow off work. Did'nt want to risk doing damage tomorrow.

I promised to do this 8 years ago and finally got round to it. €395 total and that includes the sperm count test in February which I send off by post in the container they gave me.

Thanks for the info. Was the place easy to find?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Had it done at 29, no big deal, sore for a couple of days, no worse than a trip to the dentist or getting a tattoo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Drive into Clane and out the Allenwood road about a mile. Place is on the left, you can't miss it, just before the nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Not really, its on the side of your ballsack:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

It is on a garage forecourt in Clane beside the Garda station. Regular doctors surgery for a number of doctors. Esso garage I think, slap bang in the middle of the village on a junction for kilcock. Free public carpark directly opposite which is always nearly empty.

Damien360 wrote: »
    It is on a garage forecourt in Clane beside the Garda station. Regular doctors surgery for a number of doctors. Esso garage I think, slap bang in the middle of the village on a junction for kilcock. Free public carpark directly opposite which is always nearly empty.

Thanks man. At this stage the only thing I'm worried about is being late and hence not being seen to!

And done! Easy to find (used GPS on Google Maps to get to Clane) and you couldn't ask for a more laid back and chilled procedure. I've actually found Dentist's visits worse.

welcome to the V club

Thanks muchacho. It feels good to have gotten rid of that possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

Hi,
    I Got it done over 10 years ago (I am 45 now) Dont regret it one bit, one of the best things I ever did. It actually makes things a lot better in the bedroom front because you have no worries as to whether the wife will get pregnant again.
    Thats the good bit.
    Now one in about 1000 get an infection, yep you guessed it I was that 1. Holy jasus the pain.It was like getting kicked over and over in the vitals, I was hung like an elephant , couldn't bring my knees within 2 feet of each other. Ended up on a drip in hospital for two days.

However I don't regret it one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

It seems a lot cheaper than a few years ago. €395 is what's advertised - I believe it used to be 800 quid or thereabouts. 400 euro and 15 mins seems pretty good to me!

I do wonder though is it worthwhile getting a cheap 400x USB microscope from ebay before the op. For curiosity before the op and to make sure after the op! I've heard that any (low possibility) rejoining happens before 12 weeks though so it's probably not warranted.

Advertisement