Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking to join a team?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

IIRC the season will really be starting to get going now and If you want to get the summer out of it Id be making contact with them now. Mike Kindall used to be the main man but took a step back. Im sure the websites have the contact details of training in the baseball diamond in Corkagh park Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

....you can join the country's oldest baseball club. We have a new diamond going in a Charlesland and have both an A and B squad for the adult league. Also kids teams. New coaches also welcome.

http://www.greystonesbaseball.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Johnny Snax

Tried to e-mail baseball ireland but keep getting my e-mail returned. Does anyone know if there is a team on the northside or second best the closest one to the northside.

Cheers
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

Tried to e-mail baseball ireland but keep getting my e-mail returned. Does anyone know if there is a team on the northside or second best the closest one to the northside.

Cheers
    John

Hi, to join a team in the Irish Adult League just mail Mick Manning and ask him to set you up. Winter training will start soon enough and is good for rookies and established players too.

Mick: Mick@baseballireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

gerire wrote:
    IIRC the season will really be starting to get going now and If you want to get the summer out of it Id be making contact with them now. Mike Kindall used to be the main man but took a step back. Im sure the websites have the contact details of training in the baseball diamond in Corkagh park Clondalkin

Mike Kindle is actually the president of Baseball Ireland now, and working to bring the game another step forward. You can contact him with any baseball Ireland queries, including joining a team @ Mike at baseballireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cheers
    John
    I know there is a softball team in the castleknock/blanch area. My wife was asked to join as someone who works with her plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Can someone summarise where the various teams are based? It isn't clear from the Baseball Ireland website.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

Spartans- based in Clondalkin for home games link to field info
    Hurricanes- based in Clondalkin for home games
    United Twins- Also based in Clondalkin
    Black Sox- based in Shankill (probably the best team to play for in the league:p ). website here
    Mariners- based in Greystones. website here
    Northstars -Based in Belfast
    Limerick - This is a potential team for next years season.

Each team plays home and away several times a season, so we are not based solely in one location.

Winter training usually takes place in Morton (Santry) stadium

Hey Cormac

I noticed you got your ugly mug inside the official RED SOX nation magazine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Cheers RoryB!

• Advertisement

No problem. If you are interested in joining a team, why not go a long to Corcaigh Park this Sat. The Canes are taking on the Spartans in an A, B game double. We are at the tail end of the season about to go into the play offs.

Also check out http://www.irishbaseballmovie.com/video.html

Roryb

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

I had no idea it was possible to play baseball in Ireland. It looks like this is the end of the season, but how could I find out about playing next year. I looked on the baseballireland site and couldn't find anything about joining a team. I'm sure it's there, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Keep an eye on the Baseball Website around the Christmas period. The Winter training schedule is anounced about then (usually starts end of feb into april).
    That's the best time to come along if you are interested in joining a team. It also allows you to meet up with the players involved. All the teams train at at the venue together.

Roryb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If anyone is interested in joining a Softball Team (co-ed slow pitch), the team I play for The Homers (used to be the AIB Loan Homers) are recruiting at the moment for the 2008 season.

We are a south Dublin team in the 2nd division of the Leinster League. We play in Eamon Ceannt Park near Crumlin.

Email captain@homers-softball.com or PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,978 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd love to get pitching lessons, are there any coaches in Ireland that would train up a total beginner? Anyone fancy a nixer? PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 God1991

Hey just wondering is there any teams in the limerick area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Likewise, wondering about teams in limerick area. Big mets fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer08

Or the Oddsox Softball Club on Bird Avenue, Clonskeagh www.oddsoxsoftball.com or email oddsoxsoftball@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

God1991 wrote: »
    thesweeney wrote: »
    Likewise, wondering about teams in limerick area. Big mets fan!

The closest team to Limerick would be the Cork Druids. If you're desperate to play then the journey is probably worth it.

EDIT But if you follow Softball then UL have a Softball team. Not sure if you have to be a Student to join or not

The Cork Druids now play in Limerick University. It's now a Cork/Limerick team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SarahMurph

The Cork Druids DO NOT train in UL and has no association with a Limerick team. Also they are now known as Druids Baseball and not Cork Druids! My sister and brother in law run and train the club!

The Druids at the moment only have teams up to u16s but if got enough players might be willing to set up an adult team which they had last year but didnt have the players. the only adult teams would be in Dublin/Greystones regions i think definately none in Munster!!! There is a Softball team for adults in Cork and in Tralee and as far as i know theres no softball team in Limerick either but i could be wrong!

Check out www.softball.ie , www.baseballireland.com and www.druidsbaseball.com for more info and contact information.

Will Beglan is now the President of Baseball Ireland!

Apologies for the confusion. So where are the Munster Warriors based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SarahMurph

No bother just wanted to clear it up cause my sister gets very defensive about the club!To be honest i didnt know there was a Munster Warriors team. Cork had an adult team last year which often hooked up with players in Tralee but as far as I know they went under the Druids aswell. Maybe there is a team based in UL known as the Warriors.Ill let you know if i find out who they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 John Mac Snax

http://www.munstersoftball.com/ munster warriors website. Most of the guys play Baseball and Softball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blot

God1991 wrote: »
    There is a new baseball club 'west clare dolphins' set up in kilrush for children and adults new members always welcome. Email westclaredolphins@gmail.com for more info they are also on facebook and bebo...hth

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Hi All,

Is there any teams in Co Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

does anyone know if theres a team in kilkenny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

Winter Baseball Training
    (Beginners Welcome)

http://www.baseballireland.com/winter_sessions.htm

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Winter Training Sessions will be taking place at the Morton Stadium indoor facility in Santry, every Saturday afternoon, from February 13 to March 27, 2010. The cost for all sessions is €50 for Adults or €10/session and €30 or €7/session if 18 years or under. [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*PLEASE NOTE NEW START TIME OF 14:30*[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DATE[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] TIME[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FEBRUARY 13 [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14:30 - 17:00[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FEBRUARY 20[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FEBRUARY 27[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARCH 6 [/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARCH 13[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARCH 20[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MARCH 27[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pitching machines, soft toss machines, nets and Incredi-balls will be provided. Training will cover all skills of throwing, hitting, ground balls, pitching/catching, etc. One-on-one coaching will be available.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Dillon will be managing the Santry sessions. Cheques can be sent to John at:[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]44 Brian Road, Marino, Dublin 3. (Please also send him complete contact details and your date of birth.)[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can also contact John directly for additional information by mobile: 087 296 3111 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These are extremely beneficial sessions for tuning your skills and helping to prevent injury in the new season and I would strongly encourage everyone to participate.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Any teams in Laois or nearby? Baseball or softball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Tempdeck, can you just do one or two of them sessions? are spots still available?

Advertisement