Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do I Get Dare

• 11-10-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im going about getting a dyslexia and ADHD diagnosis would these two things be enough to get DARE and would dyslexia be enough on its own. As I'm almost 100% sure I have dyslexia but not sure if I have ADHD or not Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

drygeneral wrote: »
    Im going about getting a dyslexia and ADHD diagnosis would these two things be enough to get DARE and would dyslexia be enough on its own. As I'm almost 100% sure I have dyslexia but not sure if I have ADHD or not Thanks

Get it done privately by a registered psychologist. A registered Psychologist is a guy with a PhD, done other studies and practiced as psychologist. Then he has been accepted to do further studies. You have to private for them. The ones that work for the HSE and DoE are either fresh in off university/sh*tbreakers/following company policy. Get one from a recommended source. The HSE will deny and delay ones from OTs and psychologist who are not registered. My poor dim witted GP hadnt the time to read my report before telling I didnt have Aspergers and then had to ask me how to spell it.

They should be enough. You have to also go see your college disability officer and be sure to tell lecturers. All the goodies come at the start when you get to third year they drop off and you get less.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭bobbyss

drygeneral wrote:

I think it's a complicated process. Pscy reports etc must be up to date ie nothing older than one or two years i think. Lots of paperwork.
    Make a copy of everything you send in to avoid pain and frustration.

Advertisement