Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ancestry.com lookup?

• 22-08-2015 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a premiumplus membership on myheritage.com however I've stumbled across a couple of documents on ancestry.com that look like good leads. Does anyone have a membership that could have a look for me? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That link is just going to bring somebody to their own profile and not (presumably) yours so you may need to be a bit more specific with your links

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I was in touch with BigCon yesterday re the above but couldn't access Boards later to mention a PM had been sent.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wexflyer

I use the Library version of Ancestry for free. Do Irish libraries provide access?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There is free access to Ancestry in the National Library in Kildare St. I'm not aware of it being available in other libraries.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭wexflyer

pinkypinky wrote: »
    There is free access to Ancestry in the National Library in Kildare St. I'm not aware of it being available in other libraries.

How about the universities? That is how I get my access (for free).
    Ancestry has a specific library version, ancestrylibrary.com - surprised if only the NLI subscribes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Thanks guys for checking Ancestry.com for me, I've got a good lead as a result. Much appreciated!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There was no Ancestry access when I was at UCD - a few years ago now. The only genealogy perk was access to the ProQuest version of the Irish Times digital archive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement