Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teen bi/les girls?

• 17-05-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 15 and I'm bi, but I'm not quite sure. Ive thought I was bi for years but now I think I'm just lesbian:) i haven't come out to many of my friends or any of my family and honestly I'm happy with only a few people knowing. But I just want to talk to some bi/les girls around my age. My guidance counsellor told me about some group like ladybirds of ladybugs or something. But I couldn't really find much about it on the Internet:( I just want to know when it's on, where and what kinda of stuff do you do and maybe could I bring one of my friends(she's straight) just the first time for support? Thank you so much in advaceeee, you don't know how alone I feel :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think the group she was referring to was the Ladybirds, which is BeLonGTo's group for young women 14-23. Really couldn't imagine there being any problems with you bringing your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

The BelongTo Sunday Group in Outhouse is also another option when starting to come out. They are very welcoming & many members started attending by bringing a straight friend for support. Aim to get there for about 3:30pm. One of the Youth Facilitators will show you around and introduce you to other young people. Check out the rest of their website from the link above. You won't regret it! Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ladybirds is on Thursdays 6-8, never been but I've heard good things
    If you're going to b2 sunday you're well advised to bring a friend. Its the most cliquey place I've ever been in my entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Is ladybirds just a Dublin thing? I'm looking for people to talk to etc, but I couldn't travel up so far out of my comfort zone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

They have more groups around Ireland.
    Check out website:http://www.belongto.org/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Laura m

>.< wrote: »
    I'm 15 and I'm bi, but I'm not quite sure. Ive thought I was bi for years but now I think I'm just lesbian:) i haven't come out to many of my friends or any of my family and honestly I'm happy with only a few people knowing. But I just want to talk to some bi/les girls around my age. My guidance counsellor told me about some group like ladybirds of ladybugs or something. But I couldn't really find much about it on the Internet:( I just want to know when it's on, where and what kinda of stuff do you do and maybe could I bring one of my friends(she's straight) just the first time for support? Thank you so much in advaceeee, you don't know how alone I feel :(

You should never feel alone :), I mean there are a lot of people in the same situation as you. You should definitely check out ladybirds or one of the other belongto groups. I was lucky enough that most of my friends are gay so it was never really a problem finding people to talk to about what i was going through etc

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

BelongTo is great. I've been to a few different things in Outhouse over the years, and even just being there and hanging out without being at a meeting or anything is great. It's just a cafe. You can hang out with your friends and it's like being in an alternate world because everyone there also happens to be LGBT. Maybe even just go up to Outhouse before you go to the meeting one day just to check it out if you're a bit nervous. Then at least you'll know what it'll look like inside and the atmosphere, and you'll have some idea of what it'll be like.

Gay bars are kind of different I guess. There's the whole scene part of them. And it's not your everyday environment. I mean, pubs and clubs are for weekends but cafes are for every day of the week. I just felt safe there, and still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trisha2441

>.< wrote: »

I'm 13 and I'm bisexual as well but I haven't come out to anyone yet btw what county in Ireland do you live in if you did live in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

trisha2441 wrote: »
    I'm 13 and I'm bisexual as well but I haven't come out to anyone yet btw what county in Ireland do you live in if you did live in Ireland

That's an old post. She will now be eighteen... Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,736 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

trisha2441 wrote: »

Belong to www.belongto.org would be your best bet for support

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement