Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The George?

• 15-09-2011 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Im heading to Dublin for the weekend. Just wondering where is the best place for a gay guy to go to meet other gay lads. I know about the george, but is there other gay bars and how easy is it to pick up a guy at any of them?
    Also just curious about the boiler house. Any one been to it? Ive looked at the website, I have to say it doesnt look or sound very appealing. Any views on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Pantibar on Capel St
    Front Lounge on Parliament St
    Dragon on South Great Georges St (up from the George) but more of a club than a pub. All are within a 5-8 minute walk of eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

087 wrote: »
    Im heading to Dublin for the weekend. Just wondering where is the best place for a gay guy to go to meet other gay lads. I know about the george, but is there other gay bars and how easy is it to pick up a guy at any of them?
    Also just curious about the boiler house. Any one been to it? Ive looked at the website, I have to say it doesnt look or sound very appealing. Any views on it?

I suppose that would depend on standards and attractiveness! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

087 wrote: »

Easy if you've no standards, so no need to be going to the boiler house. Theres plenty of threads here on it, not many people would be encouraging you to go.

Dragon as others stated is a club.

The promoter behind "Phromo" a popular Thursday night runs an over 21s night on Saturday, in Copper Alley which is right behind the Front Lounge.
    I dont know if there is a website but have a quick look in facebook. IIRC its over 21s too so if your wanting to avoid a very young crowd it may suit. The only link I can find is here

Advertisement