Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timelapse of Wednesdays storms

• 08-08-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭

Well here's a timelapse I made of yesterdays storms. Whilst I did not get a direct hit, I got a good view of the storm developing and rotating and pass by. I even catch a dissapating funnel cloud. A few seconds earlier and you would see it almost down to ground level. You're best clicking on the "HD" option underneath the video window. You can also view it full screen. The quality should be good enough. It beats youtube anyway!!! This will give the best quality. Enjoy :D

http://exposureroom.com/members/geraghtyg.aspx/assets/a8c308ca48ed400fa3b8ad1154ed7584/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Dramatic video, thanks for sharing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Legend.

Super stuff HD, convergence shows up well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Cool capture HD. Exposure Room is pretty good alright, been using it for the past month or so and the quality is so much better than YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Another quality vid, great account of that days events. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Super stuff, all it needs is a backing dramatic track!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Great video, what did you use to do the capture ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Beautiful stuff, nicely captured!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

My camera is a Canon XH-A1 HDV camera. And I used Ulead Videostudio 11.5 editing software to make the timelapse. Thanks for the comments guys. I'll have video up of the storms on Saturday in the next few days. Just a bit busy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

great stuff.. very cool.. (technically, its not timelapse.. but real time sped up.. but sure .. who cares)

If you have the remote for the camera handy, you might be able to zoom without moving the tripod.. but it would be a rare day , it would zoom to the right place

Advertisement