Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enquiring about opportunities for Writers in Ireland.

Options
  • 06-10-2019 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I was until recently self-employed in the events sector. Festivals, Events, Concerts, and Conferences were my bread and butter. It is an immersive industry which swallows willing workers mind, soul, and body. I employed a great team of workers.
    This last season was a difficult one. Unpaid invoices, mechanical troubles, and finally mental and physical health problems. My time in the industry has come to a close.

The last few weeks without work have allowed me time to finally focus my time and energy on my true passion. Creative writing. It has allowed me time to finish the first draft of my most recent project.

However, I am running out of funds, and waiting for the Illness benefit to process. I can see the future, and it ends with me writing. I believe this is a pivotal moment in my life.

I am looking for any bursaries, funds, and in particular, mentoring or other opportunities that may be in place that I am unaware of.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

It's great to see somebody passionate about making writing work as a career, but you'll need to go hunting to find sources of hard cash. Start with the websites like writing.ie, irishwriterscentre.ie, check out sources like the writers and artists yearbook (you can get it in your library) and check out your local council.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

epicmoe wrote: »
    I am looking for any bursaries, funds, and in particular, mentoring or other opportunities that may be in place that I am unaware of.

Thanks

This is something I am very interested in too

Advertisement