Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I would imagine the Munster final might be a bit of a false war. As a Dub it gives me no pleasure to recognise that - assuming we beat Laois or Westmeath - that it be regarded as the easiest of the quarter finals for Tipp/Limerick in Thurles.

Leinster final should have a bit more bite, given that winning be huge prize for Wexford, and a semi final spot to avoid the trickier side of the draw.

McDonagh itself is hard to call, and still of opinion that their having to turn out a week later serves little purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Dunno, a full house in Limerick, both teams fielding strongest possible line-ups, imperative for Limerick not to lose a third match of the summer. From a Tipperary perspective, i'd much rather avoid a q/f if at all possible. Have much respect for this Dublin team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Odd request here...is anyone travelling from Donegal down to the game? Or to limerick in general? Have sudden car trouble, I'm also in possession of mine and my cousins ticket which is a disaster as for once I got a hardcopy version in Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Anyone know if ticket office in Dorset St will be selling tickets for Leinster Final tomorrow?

No mention on Leinster gaa website

I would doubt it. There is a ticket office on North circular at Gills at top of Jones Road. You will get tickets there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Mushy wrote: »
    Odd request here...is anyone travelling from Donegal down to the game? Or to limerick in general? Have sudden car trouble, I'm also in possession of mine and my cousins ticket which is a disaster as for once I got a hardcopy version in Centra

i imagine this nightmare scenario has since passed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Dunno, a full house in Limerick, both teams fielding strongest possible line-ups, imperative for Limerick not to lose a third match of the summer. From a Tipperary perspective, i'd much rather avoid a q/f if at all possible. Have much respect for this Dublin team.

i imagine this is how both teams will look at it , too hard to call from a neutral point of view , a defeat for either side could set them back for the year

i imagine this nightmare scenario has since passed ?

Cousin got himself sorted, but I've to watch on tv. Does that equate as passed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

My first ever Leinster final today. Taking the Scottish father in law along. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Wexford out it up to the cats again. Presume they'll bring a big crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭conor05

lawred2 wrote: »
    My first ever Leinster final today. Taking the Scottish father in law along. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Wexford out it up to the cats again. Presume they'll bring a big crowd.

Get ready to see massive wave of Purple and Gold the most passionate hurling supporters in Ireland descend upon Croke Park!

45k coming from Loch Gorman, up the yellowbellies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I would imagine the Munster final might be a bit of a false war. As a Dub it gives me no pleasure to recognise that - assuming we beat Laois or Westmeath - that it be regarded as the easiest of the quarter finals for Tipp/Limerick in Thurles.

Leinster final should have a bit more bite, given that winning be huge prize for Wexford, and a semi final spot to avoid the trickier side of the draw.

McDonagh itself is hard to call, and still of opinion that their having to turn out a week later serves little purpose.

No such thing as a 'false war' Munster final. I can u understand your logic in thinking the loser is still in with a great shot and they are but they ll both bust a gut for this win. It's the second most important title in Hurling.

Mushy wrote: »
    Cousin got himself sorted, but I've to watch on tv. Does that equate as passed?

How come you didn't get the Bus down..? Its an awful pity that you didn't. You've 2 tickets aswell. Terrible shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭golfball37

I fancy Tipperary to win very well today. They were much more impressive beating us than Limerick were, we downed tools v Limerick away from home but Tipp beat us playing into a gale in Ennis where we’ve only lost twice in 18 games previous.
    They have better more natural hurlers than limerick and assuming they match limerick intensity wise then this will be the deciding factor. Hope our minors can learn from the last game in the GG and win an overdue Munster title too.

conor05 wrote: »
    Get ready to see massive wave of Purple and Gold the most passionate hurling supporters in Ireland descend upon Croke Park!

45k coming from Loch Gorman, up the yellowbellies!

Excellent. Should make for a good atmosphere. Nothing worse than two thirds empty Croke Park.

Usually a frequenter of the Munster final so excited to see a Leinster final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Excellent. Should make for a good atmosphere. Nothing worse that two thirds empty Croke Park.

Usually a frequenter of the Munster final so excited to see a Leinster final.

45 from Wexford could still mean only 50 total.

45 from Wexford could still mean only 50 total.

Lol

That's still more than half

Lol

Sorry, I read it wrong as ⅔ full.

What is everyone expecting from the Munster anyway? Are both teams going to be bothered about winning or are we going to get something like a couple of weeks ago? At this stage you'd think anyone with designs on winning the whole thing would rather a warm up hammering of Dublin/Laois/Weatmeath rather than going completely cold by the time a semi rolls around.

_

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I think both finals are too close to call. You can make a case for any of the teams. I do think that there is more pressure on Wexford and Limerick to win from a fans point.

As a cat I expect us to win but I would not be confident. I think it will be down to match ups and maybe the bench. I hope too see a good team performance over 70mins. For KK losing and going via the quarter finals may not be the worst thing as some of our players need more game time. I am just going for KK as I think goals win games and they might get one in a low to average scoring game.

In Munster I think its a close call too. I think Tipp have the best set of forwards in the country but the loss of Maher is major blow to that forward line. Limerick on the other hand have a far better bench. I think Tipp will want to take the shortest route possible to Croke Park as there bench has not been tested yet. If Tipp can find a couple of players to fill the gap of these losses and win today they will take an awful lot of stopping but I am going for Limerick as they are at home and Tipp have lost 2 key players. I think this will be a high scoring game with posiibly 5 or more goals.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    How come you didn't get the Bus down..? Its an awful pity that you didn't. You've 2 tickets aswell. Terrible shame.

Public transport from Donegal ain't too great on a Sunday. Getting back be an even bigger nightmare. Have to try get car sorted first thing tomorrow morning cos heading to Doolin on Tuesday for rest of the week

I'm still raging. The poor in-laws trying to make me feel better! At least it's a genuine reason, and I'm never buying hardcopy again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭conor05

Lol

Sorry, I read it wrong as ⅔ full.

I think they are expecting between 63-65k for the Leinster final.

45k Wexford
    15k Kilkenny
    3-5k neutral

It’s going to be some battle. I am just praying we are still in the game with 55-60mins gone and go at Kilkenny for the last 10.

We will never get a better chance to win it with Galway out, but Wexford know better than most that the cats are very hard bet in any final at any grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭threeball

Tipp have Limericks number in my opinion but Limerick desperately need to win today. A 3rd loss this year would drain the confidence badly as would losing to Tipp twice.
    For me it's down to how badly Tipp want this. The forwards were not on song 2 weeks ago and they won pulling up. Desire has a huge influence on the outcome of Gaelic games so the greater need for limerick might slightly favour them if Tipp aren't going all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I remember as a young boy
    From the back of the stand
    As the sun was setting
    We watched the boys of Wexford fight with heart and hand.

Nervous as heck today. Quietly optimistic that we can bridge a 15-year gap but fully aware that Kilkenny are the one team you don't want to face in any final.

Match-ups will be key. Obviously, limiting TJ's influence from play will be critical again, but if we can somehow occupy Padraig Walsh (perhaps drag him in to full-back where he isn't as comfortable) and force one of their less experienced hurlers into that free-man role, it could have a crucial bearing on the result.

Wexford's sweeper surely won't be as sloppy again, and our forwards are as equally capable of turning it on in Croker as Kilkenny's, despite the assumption in the wider media that its only advantage Cats in that regard.

Cannot wait for the occasion though. Should be carnival.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    No such thing as a 'false war' Munster final. I can u understand your logic in thinking the loser is still in with a great shot and they are but they ll both bust a gut for this win. It's the second most important title in Hurling.

Well, I can think of some pretty dull Munster finals in recent years. Like all the provincial championships in both sports it too has lost much of its allure.

On reflection, however, a third defeat for Limerick would be a disaster. Even if they did manage to regroup and reclaim the title, it would be undermined. You would also imagine that they must catch fire at some stage, so perhaps today.

So I shall withdraw the "false war" bit, in anticipation of hopefully a blood and thunder affair :)

golfball37 wrote: »
    I fancy Tipperary to win very well today. They were much more impressive beating us than Limerick were, we downed tools v Limerick away from home but Tipp beat us playing into a gale in Ennis where we’ve only lost twice in 18 games previous.
    They have better more natural hurlers than limerick and assuming they match limerick intensity wise then this will be the deciding factor. Hope our minors can learn from the last game in the GG and win an overdue Munster title too.

Clare always back Tipperary to beat anyone,including themselves. It's a terrible attitude. Limerick will always give superior Tipp teams plenty of 'it'. And at the moment Limerick have the players to match up just fine against Tipp. So it ll be full metal Jacket. If Tipperary win today, then they ll have earned it. I cant see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

In the premium for the Leinster final today, I assume the Munster final will be on the tvs, and not the Laois Westmeath game?

Rochey18 wrote: »
    In the premium for the Leinster final today, I assume the Munster final will be on the tvs, and not the Laois Westmeath game?

Be watching the Tipp game with my Da who has not been fully culturally assimilated :), but wouldn't mind seeing the McDonagh final either. Should be good game and of course we play the winners next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Justin10

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Rochey18 wrote: »

Be watching the Tipp game with my Da who has not been fully culturally assimilated :), but wouldn't mind seeing the McDonagh final either. Should be good game and of course we play the winners next day.

Was hoping the munster final be on the tvs and could keep an eye on the Joe McDonagh though the glass. Be ideal really

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Rochey18 wrote:

Laois match is on tg4

• Advertisement

TCM wrote: »
    Laois match is on tg4

It's not listed on the EPG or website schedule for TG4 today. Might be online only.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/irish-tv-schedule/

Advertisement