Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Competition helps customers. Couldnt be happier about it :-)

Today's coupon in paper is 10 off when you spend 45 and expires on the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Can someone clear up a debate between my wife and I?
    Can they be used online? She thinks so I said no.
    Like can I just enter the numbers on the barcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Hand coupon to the driver and you'll get the refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I looked at the coupon and there's no mention of online so not sure if I'll be able to use it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi just hand it to the delivery person and it will be refunded into your account a few days later

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

So I have a €10 off €50 voucher from the paper. Am I right in saying that if I spend €50 then with the voucher it only costs me €40 and I get a €10 off €45 voucher for next time?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,175 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jasper100 wrote: »
    So I have a €10 off €50 voucher from the paper. Am I right in saying that if I spend €50 then with the voucher it only costs me €40 and I get a €10 off €45 voucher for next time?

If you spend €50 you'll get your shopping for €40.
    I'm not aware of any official promotion of Tesco handing out voucher apart from some staff members having vouchers handing them out when they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You won’t get another voucher for next time, only dunnes stores do that
    €10 off €50 and €10 off €45 spend for Tesco are the vouchers that have been in the papers and some people have got vouchers in their club card mailing

Liffey Valley Tesco are adding on a €10 off €45 voucher to the end of their receipts like Dunnes do. Got one today myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I’ve never had one of those, they must have dunnes nearby

Only a clothes Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

Used a 10e off 45e spend that I got in the paper today, in Tesco this evening. Got two more 10e off 45e on the end of the receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

EletricMan wrote: »
    Used a 10e off 45e spend that I got in the paper today, in Tesco this evening. Got two more 10e off 45e on the end of the receipt.

That's interesting, Tesco uping the stakes against Dunnes, the 'poor' customer loving the crossfire :D

Tesco have a sign up saying spend €45 get a €10 voucher of your next €45 shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco have a sign up saying spend €45 get a €10 voucher of your next €45 shop!
    In yer face Dunnes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EletricMan wrote: »

this time last year I was getting 2 vouchers each time in tesco. This was seemingly since a lidl had opened nearby as it was not happening elsewhere.

Were you buying much heavily discounted stuff? like drink? I wonder if some will get 1 and some 2 depending what you buy. I could not believe they kept giving me 2, as they were making a loss on most stuff I was buying.

When do these vouchers become active and expire?

rubadub wrote: »
    this time last year I was getting 2 vouchers each time in tesco. This was seemingly since a lidl had opened nearby as it was not happening elsewhere.

Were you buying much heavily discounted stuff? like drink? I wonder if some will get 1 and some 2 depending what you buy. I could not believe they kept giving me 2, as they were making a loss on most stuff I was buying.

When do these vouchers become active and expire?

I'll post the sign that's up in store when I get home.
    It basically says spend €45 and get a €10 voucher.

Oh now that’s very interesting
    I spent €90 yesterday and didn’t see any signs up :-(

I think it only started Today.
    Tesco offers/promotions often start on Wednesday and end on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

jasper100 wrote: »
    yes you are right. Today i shopped 46 euros. used the paper coupon, went down to 36. I paid 36 and got a coupon from the machine for my next shopping of 45 euros to get 10 off :)

47493487_2203696566330225_3300132911809822720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeE_es2aBu0Ra6K9xVDWvjZd35fNrq8xllsmwzMVLGRhOJwks4Q_aYmNbSK6PqYLJmH6T-tYn_vHALq2KufyvJyUiibZklPGoxUdMvBvJ9URwA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=2b9e4e79878578e012e06b551a4a0a18&oe=5CA1AC22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Seems you can stack them, guy in front of me had 6 vouchers and about €300 worth of beer in the trolley, cashier took them and I asked could you stack them like that, she said yeah

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Seems you can stack them, guy in front of me had 6 vouchers and about €300 worth of beer in the trolley, cashier took them and I asked could you stack them like that, she said yeah

Yep, used one from the Sindo yesterday with a €5 off €25 voucher I got in the post to give me €15 off €70. Didn't get any vouchers back but I'll be getting the Sindo again this weekend so I'd expect the same €5 off €45 voucher again and so I'll do the same again next week.

In the meantime, I'll be using one of my €10 off €40 vouchers in Dunnes tomorrow! A great time to be alive! :D

• Advertisement

I got 2 vouchers there with my receipt. I was also using a 50/10 newspaper voucher. I was barely over 50euro too getting cheap grolsch & cheap tesco vodka, so not like they are giving me 2 hoping I will be back buying high margin items. Valid from 10th to 16th dec.

I think the woman in front of me, not using vouchers, only got 1. (EDIT: another factor might be that I used my clubcard, the woman in front did not)
    You have always been able to stack them in Tesco

I was never able to stack before the recent tesco paper vouchers which explicitly say you can, and never saw anybody in my tesco stacking before, and I did ask myself and saw others ask before. The paper vouchers this year have all said you can. Last year it was very common to see people with multiple vouchers, but having to scan through 50+ and then use a voucher and pay, then do it again. The stacking with 20euro beer trays is great as you are not trying to find things to just tip the 50.

The receipt vouchers have no mention of being stackable. Hopefully you can and/or maybe some shops do.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

What does the small print say on the sign?
    Do I need a voucher or will it just come off automatically.

I slam dunked the ops PDF in Tesco Dundrum last weekend so all was cool. I'm going to try go for round 2 this weekend.
    47493487_2203696566330225_3300132911809822720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_eui2=AeE_es2aBu0Ra6K9xVDWvjZd35fNrq8xllsmwzMVLGRhOJwks4Q_aYmNbSK6PqYLJmH6T-tYn_vHALq2KufyvJyUiibZklPGoxUdMvBvJ9URwA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=2b9e4e79878578e012e06b551a4a0a18&oe=5CA1AC22

spannerism wrote: »
    Do I need a voucher or will it just come off automatically.

I slam dunked the ops PDF in Tesco Dundrum last weekend so all was cool. I'm going to try go for round 2 this weekend.

From my understanding you get one when you spend €45!

spannerism wrote: »
    I had a good read of it, nothing unusual or concerning. Usual stuff about not able to be used on tobacco, infant forumla etc.

I was saying I got 2 vouchers in my receipt, spending just over 50, this was not a mistake the girl made sure to tell me there were 2. This might be related to me using my clubcard, so be sure to use it. I was using a voucher from the papers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

voucher i got off my next purchase cant be used for another few days. so you cant spend 45 euro, get a voucher and then go buy more stuff in the one visit. so worth having the original poster's voucher. thanks again op

Dunnes are the next day before you can use their spend and save
    How long is the wait for the Tesco one ?

i got it yesterday the 5th, and can be used between 10th and 16th Dec

dont want to be the one to pontificate but remember to consider if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money. and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?

Dunnes found that they had more sales and profit when they brought out the 10 off 50 spend vouchers. Tesco is a big multinational that would not have brought out these vouchers if they didnt think they would get something out of it, your money.

plus the time and hassle to "save" a tenner, is it worth it

Sorry, just want people to keep that in mind. enjoy your xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money.

You are spending money but then saving money on that spend.

Not a lot of hassle, not a lot of extra time if going shopping anyway
    Saving a tenner on every 45 spend is okay for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

sdraobs wrote: »
    voucher i got off my next purchase cant be used for another few days. so you cant spend 45 euro, get a voucher and then go buy more stuff in the one visit. so worth having the original poster's voucher. thanks again op

i used 3 yesterday in 3 separate transactions within the space of an hour or so.
    dont want to be the one to pontificate but remember to consider if you need anything that you are purchasing. you arent making money, you are spending money. and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?

Dunnes found that they had more sales and profit when they brought out the 10 off 50 spend vouchers. Tesco is a big multinational that would not have brought out these vouchers if they didnt think they would get something out of it, your money.

Sorry, just want people to keep that in mind. enjoy your xmas

I used them with the 10 off 50 - so i saved 20 per transaction on stuff i needed to buy anyway, including whiskey and wine. same amount of time to do the shopping, not much hassle either.

But thanks for your concern, at this time of year, it's touching that you felt the need to inform us all about the dangers of spending our own money and the damage alcohol can do.

• Advertisement

and beer/wine is great value, but damage to liver, hungover, do you really want it?
    Some will drink it "because its there". I don't, I always have booze in the house and never drink more simply as its plentiful. I only finished last xmas's purchases a month or so ago.

There are other things to buy, people should calculate properly. There are other expensive items which will not expire soon or at all, things which might not take up much space and will be used anyway. e.g. washing powder, toiletries, stuff like sudocrem, light bulbs. Not sure if you can buy phone credit but people were getting it before, I think some were able to buy vouchers for itunes or argos too (but may not have been supposed to be able). With the 10/45 it is about 22% off, so you have to consider if the stuff you are buying for later use might be reduced to that or more in the future.

In dunnes it is usually just for groceries, in tesco I think you could buy a TV and stack up a rake of vouchers.

Advertisement