Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** SPARK** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Nowso wrote: »
    a question about networking to your box

on my dsl router when im connected to same network i can access my harddrive via the newtork on my pc

that modems broke and using a netgear 4g modem in for a few days

i cant seem to access my boxs harddrive when both are connected to this modem what modem settings should i be changing

I don't know, as haven't set up any networking yet.
    Have you tried asking on this forum or similar?
    http://www.satellitesupreme.com/forumdisplay.php/668-Amiko-Alien2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

a question about networking to your box

on my dsl router when im connected to same network i can access my harddrive via the newtork on my pc

that modems broke and using a netgear 4g modem in for a few days

i cant seem to access my boxs harddrive when both are connected to this modem what modem settings should i be changing

Plugging into a different router the devices will get a different ip address through dhcp

Basic question re Amiko Alien 2+ : Have tuned in Saorview manually and Sat channels from Nowso's database link.
    When I turn on box it's on Sat channels, I can't see an option on remote for switching over to Saorview channels?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the Sat button under the epg button switch from astra 2a/2b/2d to terrestrial

oireachtas tv on pt 1107 saorview testing

• Advertisement

the Sat button under the epg button switch from astra 2a/2b/2d to terrestrial

Pressed that and it displays Astra 2A/2B/2D, when I "ok" this it doesn't switch to terrestrial, just blanks screen for a second and returns to original Sat channel.

@ Nowso

What is the plugin.zip in your Spark Utilities folder for ?

Invincible wrote: »
    @ Nowso

What is the plugin.zip in your Spark Utilities folder for ?

there the plugins that you can use on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solovei72

Hi to all here :)
    I have Amiko Alien 2 triple on latest Spark version, fresh installed two day ago, updated. And as before EPG for 28.2 only is downloaded
    successfully, and when I press exit button on remote it crash, specifically crash after second step. I read so much and try many USB, and tried in internal flash no success.
    Any suggestion please.
    Thank you.

reboot with the switch at back are you using the internal crossepg or the plugin

if you can go on ftp and delete all the old crossepg info saved on internal flash it may help

my usb is formatted ntfs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

I downloaded the zip of the plugisn and the database. It updated the database but how do I install the plugins. or does that happen at the same time it does the database. if so, how do I check out what the plugins are to play with?

I am more familiar with Enigma, so a rookie on spark but would like to give it a go. does spark have a web streaming plugin (like enigmas webif, where you can watch the channels on a laptop or mobile device).

yes theres a websever you can turn on system / net settings theres an android app you can download

you need the plugins in a folder named plugin on your usb

heres the video

use the internal crossepg hit the epg button and the the f1 button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

use the internal crossepg hit the epg button and the the f1 button
    It doesn't work great though. Some channels don't load an epg.

all do on mine . if u have the 3 different providers selected

some will only appear when u tune into the transponder there on

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

It doesn't work great though. Some channels don't load an epg.

There seems to be a bug on Spark for whatever reason they have failed to fix it (or rather they did and then broke it again a couple of released back), it only seems to be an issue from cold start, if you are turning on from Standby this doesn't seem to happen. Go into time settings and change to NET instead of Satellite and then either download or force update the EPG, everything populates for me this way (or at least all the 28 FTA channels do).

Dave..M wrote: »
    There seems to be a bug on Spark for whatever reason they have failed to fix it (or rather they did and then broke it again a couple of released back), it only seems to be an issue from cold start, if you are turning on from Standby this doesn't seem to happen. Go into time settings and change to NET instead of Satellite and then either download or force update the EPG, everything populates for me this way (or at least all the 28 FTA channels do).

yes when using satellite you need to be on the tp to update time and then the epg

ill try the net setting out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

yes when using satellite you need to be on the tp to update time and then the epg

ill try the net setting out
    Nowso,i tried updateint the channel list in spark but it came up wrong sbid or something to that effect.
    I downloaded you db file and tried updating database only??
    Any ideas as my channels are all over the place at the mo
    Cheers,
    Redriddick

Redriddick wrote: »
    Nowso,i tried updateint the channel list in spark but it came up wrong sbid or something to that effect.
    I downloaded you db file and tried updating database only??
    Any ideas as my channels are all over the place at the mo
    Cheers,
    Redriddick

its for the amiko alien 2 on the latest on latest 1.2.73 firmware

there should be a db_201409171615 folder

in it

appdb.tar - which does not need to be extracted
    version.xml

it should work - i have it uploaded in a folder and a zip - the zip may be worth trying if you used the folder

reboot with the switch at back are you using the internal crossepg or the plugin

if you can go on ftp and delete all the old crossepg info saved on internal flash it may help

my usb is formatted ntfs

Yes I did many time, I reboot from the back switch and sometime from telnet a day ago I deleted three files from internal GrossEPG and after that more worst was, so I reinstalled again and start from beginning, downloaded crash again, reboot from back switch looking in GrossEPG folder and files are empty. Is set-up on external HDD, I format the USB (2GB Treckostar) to NTFS successfully the in settings is set-up to satellite, summer time ON after that I back to GrossEPG choose 28.2 only nothing else and then download now, after successfully downloaded EPG for 685 channels from 28.2 I click once exit is OK then click second time exit and here it crash not mate how long wait nothing happening till not reboot from switch or telnet.

• Advertisement

the 3 providers i use
    xmltv providers -
    rytec_uk_xmltv - there is uk bbci which im now going to try aswell

opentv
    skyuk astra 2 28.2

xepgdp prov

krkadoni skyuk - xepgdp

ive never heard of this crashing

have you the time update set for satellite or internet

Yes time is for satellite, GMT +00:00 summer time ON.

I will try all of them I was thinking they all are for Enigma not Spark, because on other resource it say use only Opentv.
    Rytec_UK_xmltv is downloaded successfully for full week only issue the channels not populate for all channels till you not click on that channel or not watch it, but I will play with all of them then I let you know the result.
    Thank you for help you are a star.

solovei72 wrote: »
    Yes time is for satellite, GMT +00:00 summer time ON.

I will try all of them I was thinking they all are for Enigma not Spark, because on other resource it say use only Opentv.
    Rytec_UK_xmltv is downloaded successfully for full week only issue the channels not populate for all channels till you not click on that channel or not watch it, but I will play with all of them then I let you know the result.
    Thank you for help you are a star.

if you set time time to Net in the system time settings they will populate quicker as when using satellite it waits on time from transponder

it changes the recording set up when you hit red to record instantly . when on satellite time it asks do you want to stop recording at th end of this show

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eoin McGlynn

I'm looking for Picons and instructions on how to load. I have Saorview and UK FTA channels.

Thanks,
    E

i havnt an upto date version atm but if on system

basic settings

miscallaneous settings

tv wall settings

select load icons from online service it will upload an older set but a lot of ftas will still work on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Sorry posted in the wrong section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Technofobe wrote: »
    Try Rats Picon updater

That plugin is for Enigma, this is the Spark thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    That plugin is for Enigma, this is the Spark thread
    Oops sorry man
    Should have gone to specsavers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eoin McGlynn

Hi All,

I'm trying to connect my Amiko Alien 2 Spark OS to a windows shared folder. The detailed Spark settings are below. The folder is shared to all users, with full rights. I have also specifically named the user and again granted full rights, I have opened a port on the Windows PC (Port: 8080). When I try to activate, I'm getting an error that reads, "Activate Network Hard disk Failure".

Menu>Setting>Net Setting>Network hard Disk
    Drive set to z :/
    Service Type set to CIFS
    Name of shared folder in windows
    The ip address pc
    The windows username & passwords (with access to shared folder)

When I try Auto Scan, I get an error that reads, "Without Available Network Share Equipment"

Any help in what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

another option . if you are connected to the same internet / wifi the network function in windows explorer will allow u access to your connected usb/harddrive , i use it to view /record parts of my recordings .

Advertisement