Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Software for filtering out duplicates of images

Options
  • 01-12-2018 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭

65,000 images and probably should only have 5000.
    Years of bad folder managent. Have been sorting by names, dates etc but too much.
    Anybody recommenf a system that will filter out duplicates based on image content?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

do you mean two different pics which are largely the same, but slight differences; or two copies of the exact same photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

do you mean two different pics which are largely the same, but slight differences; or two copies of the exact same photo?

They are all copies of each other.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think this is the one i've used before - can search based on size, date, you name it:
    https://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭multisport

I've used dupeguru in the past, very easy and effective.

Advertisement