Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No bad seats at the aviva. Really?

• 01-03-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Well i think i found one at the Italy match. I was sitting in block 525 row L seat 14 at the top of a staircase and for the whole match my view was destroyed with people going to the bar. Now i know they wont stop selling drink at the games because they are probably making a fortune but the IRFU should consider not selling tickets for seats in these locations as it completely ruins the game.

Heres a quick vid i took on my phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9JVWZHCw4&context=C377efb2ADOEgsToPDskIF6zoEXhAqlNrHeaN6Oo-b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Who said there were no bad seats at the Aviva? There are a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭john.martin

Watched the Vid...that would Pi$$ me off!!!!

Convinced at the prices the IRFU are selling the tickets, the best seat in the house is the one in front of your own TV!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

That would do my head in id say you were fuming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Jaysus, that looks like a complete pain in the arse.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Email or write to the IRFU and complain.

Did you pick the seat yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Not really any way around it, in the brief seconds you can see the pich, its a fine seat any other time....

Have you considered being much taller perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭overshoot

there is probably a couple of thousand bad seats. i was there during construction and got to have a good wander around the upper tier, that truss cuts through a huge amount of the pitch as it dips down to the north stand. ranging from taking out the corner flag to running straight through your view of the goals.
    it was much more elegant in the renders...:rolleyes:
    still at least that doesnt move, right pain OP and any seats that have obstructed views should be marked as such

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Email or write to the IRFU and complain.

Did you pick the seat yourself?

Might just do that. No bought the tickets off the ulster branch but they still come from dublin.

should say that i have been lucky to be at a lot of irelands games and this is the first time i had a bad seat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Fuck that, I'd walk out and go to the nearest pub and watch it before I'd deck one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,744 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yeah now that would drive me around the bend. I'd have lasted all of 10 mins and I'd have said something to someone. And not in a nice way.

I remember going to the Argentina game in the 2010 AIs. Got someones 10 year ticket thing. And there were a couple of groups of people who just spent the entire game coming and going. Not as bad as that but I eventually let roar at one of them (in her bug fur coat). Can't understand why someone would pay money to go to a game and not watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

OP, was this just after half time?? (if so its to be expected but annoying)

or was it constantly like this throughout the game??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

that would drive me mad. Its a sad state of affairs after all the money spent on the place. Architecturally (internally) its a mess of a yoke. Those trusses are just awful and the small end looks ridiculous. Add to that the muppet on the PA, it just doesnt imake me want to go there.

The only positive I have is the seats/legroom is great.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

That's dreadful....definately get on to the IRFU!!:rolleyes:

fryup wrote: »

Yea this was around the start of the 2nd half but it was like this the full match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Next time, stand on the seat to watch the game and then your answer ready for when they tell you to sit down.
    Ridiculous to pay those sort of prices and to have to put up with that every few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I haven't been at the Aviva yet but I had heard of this being a potential problem from a mate who worked on the contruction of the stadium.

Was there nothing on the ticket to suggest that there was a curtailed view from your seat?

I remember having a ticket for a Champions League game at Anfield a few years ago, it was for the lower tier of the Anfield Road end but our seats were right up the back and when people stood up you couldn't see a thing even when you stood up yourself. But I remember the tickets saying 'Severely Restricted'. Didn't cop to what it meant until we got in to the seats.

Ruins your enjoyment of the match.

chris_c wrote: »
    Yea this was around the start of the 2nd half but it was like this the full match

full match? well thats unacceptable...you should complain

the bar should be closed during the game imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

That would have driven me spare, I'd be demanding my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

andrewdcs wrote: »
    Have you considered being much taller perhaps?

:D

deccurley wrote: »
    Was there nothing on the ticket to suggest that there was a curtailed view from your seat?

No they where category 1 55 euro tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

jesus that is sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

chris_c wrote: »
    Well i think i found one at the Italy match. I was sitting in block 525 row L seat 14 at the top of a staircase and for the whole match my view was destroyed with people going to the bar. Now i know they wont stop selling drink at the games because they are probably making a fortune but the IRFU should consider not selling tickets for seats in these locations as it completely ruins the game.

Heres a quick vid i took on my phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9JVWZHCw4&context=C377efb2ADOEgsToPDskIF6zoEXhAqlNrHeaN6Oo-b

You should email ticketqueries@irishrugby.ie and let ticketing department know how you feel about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Honestly if everyone sat down and enjoyed the match instead of sneaking off for a fag every 5 mins then you might of had a crystal clean shot of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Jaysus, that would of driven me mad! Not the other people fault, but soooo annoying. I'd def be on looking for my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

In Goodison Park,Liverpool there's hundreds of seats with a restricted view.They have them marked as well and there's pound off the ticket price as well but could you be bothered sitting there with a big pole in your way.

JustinDee wrote: »
    You should email ticketqueries@irishrugby.ie and let ticketing department know how you feel about this.

i would think contacting the staff at the aviva itself would be better

what the f3ck is it with irish people going back and forth for drink/ciggy all the time...been to stadia abroad and its not half as bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

i would think contacting the staff at the aviva itself would be better

what the f3ck is it with irish people going back and forth for drink/ciggy all the time...been to stadia abroad and its not half as bad
    Ticketing etc has nothing to do with the Aviva.

I'd also disagree that its worse than anywhere else. Millennium, Twickenham, SFS, Lords, Lang Pk, Wembley, Murrayfield all just as bad, in various sports and comps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Now that.... I feel sorry for. Would drive me insane that! Never thought they did a good job on the stadium from day one, dunno why so many people think it's incredibly good, it's average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

the bar should be closed during the game imo

And probably lose over half of the income from the bars throughout the stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Is that Declan Kidney walking up the steps at about 35 secs?

Advertisement