Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Gone back up now.

That was only about 10 mins they were dropped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thfcem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

thfcem wrote: »

€186 and change debited from my account today.

Ordered one last night when the price dropped. Santa present to me from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Do they ship direct? Or do you need parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

thfcem wrote: »

Coming up at £195 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

direct
    (anything from amazon.co.uk over £25 just select free super saver delivery)

few exceptions that they won't ship

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

collegeme wrote: »
    Coming up at £195 for me

It has to be sold by Amazon.co.uk

it is tending to go out of stock very quickly and will not be shown as sold by amazon.co.uk if there is no stock for Tusky below

Market place sellers then are shown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I can only see these @ £195 with no option for Amazon as a seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

had one in my basket a while ago but the price changed when i went to get my card :(:( damn

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Folks! It's available at the moment for 150 pounds (147 displayed and 150 at checkout). Few more are left after I ordered now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Back to 195

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

This offer is on at the moment.

I cant believe how quickly these seem to sell. I saw it for 147, processed the payment, posted here that they were available and checked back and they were gone.

kildaremum wrote: »
    This offer is on at the moment.

I cant believe how quickly these seem to sell. I saw it for 147, processed the payment, posted here that they were available and checked back and they were gone.

Just checked - back up to normal price. I'm having no luck with this!

[edit] These are on Tesco.co.uk for £158 - could you get it delivered here via parcelmotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Tusky wrote: »
    Just checked - back up to normal price. I'm having no luck with this!

[edit] These are on Tesco.co.uk for £158 - could you get it delivered here via parcelmotel?

I think you can order from Tesco direct, UK, for delivery to Parcel Motel. You can see the following link where there is some information which may be of any use for your query. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81931426#post81931426

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Tusky wrote: »
    Just checked - back up to normal price. I'm having no luck with this!?

The price you are seeing now is not normal price.

That is just the price of Amazon Marketplace sellers, Amazon are out of stock.

Alot of people are getting confused with the price.

When amazon is out of stock they will automatically show the price of the cheapest Marketplace seller.

Amazon will always promote their price first for obvious reasons, and if the following information is not showing up beside the price well then it is not Amazon who is selling the product. In stock. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk

Hope this helps some people

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭centa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Just got one. 2 left. Says more on way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Can confirm its on again. Added it to my basket and dreamed :(. My son was born 3 months early so moneys tight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

I just placed an order for a cover for this on amazon.co.uk and now I see that it just says cover for samsung galaxy tab. Is there a difference in size between the original tab and the tab2 as I am now wondering if the cover will fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

yay, happy camper got one :-)

ps did anyone find out what we can claim back, is it 30 sterling or 30 euro??

Got a white one! Had wanted the silver one but happy to have one at all @ that price. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I got the 3G one for my hubbie, but I have no idea what data sim to get for this. Can anyone recommend a good deal, he will have wifi at home & work, so it will onlt be if he has to do some basic stuff if he is somewhere (look up a website and maybe log details on occassion). He will not be downloading movies or music etc.

Anyone any idea of who has the best deal or should he stick with his provider?
    (Vodafone - €9.99 for 1 Gb......but I hate the idea of him going over & each extra Gb will then cost €20.....scandalous!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

perhaps this could be unmarked as expired as it keeps reappearing at the OP's price every day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The white one coming up at 147 at the mo :)

Little A wrote: »
    I got the 3G one for my hubbie, but I have no idea what data sim to get for this. Can anyone recommend a good deal, he will have wifi at home & work, so it will onlt be if he has to do some basic stuff if he is somewhere (look up a website and maybe log details on occassion). He will not be downloading movies or music etc.

(Vodafone - €9.99 for 1 Gb......but I hate the idea of him going over & each extra Gb will then cost €20.....scandalous!!!)

If it was me i wouldnt bother getting a sim for it, wait and see if he really really needs it. You will probably find that he wont need it at all and its a waste of money. I would suggest if he has an iphone (I have, not sure about other smart phones), you can share your internet data with the tablet, so what this means it will keep using the data from your phone package. I have unlimited and most phone packages now have quite high data available, so I think this would be a really good option for you instead of having another bill that will probably rarely be used. Hope I have explained this well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Thanks Mel - He does not have a smartphone & I can't see him looking to get one soon.

I reckon the tablet will be easier for him to use on the odd time he may need it for work - sometimes he is in a position (whilst at someones home) to need look things up or book in"appontment", this will probably only happen about 3/4 per month.

He normally just returns to the office & sorts it then, I reckon it will save him time to be able to state to the client what has been sorted out.

So really, just need to know which company offers the best 3G data pack
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Silver is available at moment at stg 147 (prob stg 152 with Irish VAT)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab2-inch-Tablet/dp/B0080OQJDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353917804&sr=8-1

Scratch that.

I agree with earlier poster that this shouldn't be marked as "expired" as the deal keeps coming back almost every day on Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Little A wrote: »

Does he not have 3G on his phone ? I just use my phone as a "personal hotspot" whenever I need internet on my Ipad.

Advertisement