Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Embassy Interview @ 0830 in the morning. Need to get 2" x 2" photos done at ASAP!

Options
  • 17-05-2005 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey All,
    Trust me to leave it till the last minute! For some silly reason I assumed the machine photos I had here would be ok.

I need 2" x 2" photos for my J1 interview in the morning. Does anyone know a place I can get these done between now and 8am tomorrow morning in south Dublin - based in Killiney?!
    Honest to god.. I can't believe I didn't read the email fully.

I have a colour printer & digital camera here, but no glossy paper, have card paper though. I'm not sure how well that'd go down though to be honest with the strictness of the US boys.

Advice would be extremely welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Well, there's a pharmacy across the road from the U.S. embassy in Ballsbridge. Not sure how early it opens though. You reckon you could bring the photos around after the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Are any of the colleges in Dublin opened that early. I doubt it but all I can think of. Maybe with the exams they could be. What about a shopping centre? I'm sure there will be workers going in from 7am onwards. Even if not try and explain your situation to the security guard and he might let you in to use the express photo machine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

embassy has a photo booth right accross the road. it opens at the same time as the embassy. the lady at the front security desk will show you.

There was one inside too, but it was outta order last tim I was there, iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Emerson wrote:
    Hey All,
    Trust me to leave it till the last minute! For some silly reason I assumed the machine photos I had here would be ok.

I need 2" x 2" photos for my J1 interview in the morning. Does anyone know a place I can get these done between now and 8am tomorrow morning in south Dublin - based in Killiney?!
    Honest to god.. I can't believe I didn't read the email fully.

I have a colour printer & digital camera here, but no glossy paper, have card paper though. I'm not sure how well that'd go down though to be honest with the strictness of the US boys.

Advice would be extremely welcome!

You're fu(ked basically!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

...how about ringing one of those 24hr tescos (e.g. in Dundrum) and seeing if they have a photo place open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    embassy has a photo booth right accross the road. it opens at the same time as the embassy. the lady at the front security desk will show you.

There was one inside too, but it was outta order last tim I was there, iirc
    The embassy owns this booth across the road?

What's it in? The pharmacy?

I'm not sure if the photo booths in the shopping centres produce suitable photos.. Actually, they say they don't.

Thanks for your help!

Has to do 2" x 2".. I think those €6 booths only do 2 other sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

think you might have to rely on just profusely apologising (presumably that would work) - or else you could defer tomorrow's meeting and say you were unavoidably ill (not sure if this would work). All the best with it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

does it not give a list of places with the right size pic if they're gonna be so particular about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I think the pharmacy across the road opens at bout 9, these seem to be the best place to go as they have plenty of practice and will get it right (lots of places get the cutting wrong).

When i did mine lots of people turned up with the wrong photos or no photos at all, they were just allowed to go and wait for the pharmacy to open, they were then let back in without having to queue, i'd say your best bet is to show up at your appointment time and ask if you can just come back after the pharmacy opens. Just my 2 cent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

They sent me to the pharmacy to get new pictures because they weren't happy with the brightness of the ones I had. The place didn't open until 9:00 as far as I remember, and I was late for my appointment. However, this seemed fairly normal as there were about 10 of us all waiting for the pharmacy to open. It doesn't really matter if you're a bit late, it's not an interview as such. Someone isn't going to be waiting for you to get there. You queue up to hand in your forms, and then wait until you're called up to the window. The times they give you are just to spread everyone throughout the day so they don't have everyone coming in at the same time.

Are you sure the standard passport photos won't do? That's what I had last year.

Thanks all for the info!

Well, I'm going to bring along the standard booth ones they say on USIT that they won't accept and go into line anticipating being sent over to the pharmacy at 8.30..
    So 9am it opens then? Lucky, was going to head in for before 8 to get to the parmacy before q-ing.

Must get some sleep!
    thanks again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

How'd you get on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Agnes Castlebar

I need to contact Embassy but only get an automated response. Does anybody have a phone number that I can arrange to see somebody in person?

Advertisement