Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What are they monitoring it for? Welfare fraud ? Breaking covid rules? Planning a coup?

I've just ensured someone's going to have to do a load of overtime now, haven't I?

I half listened earlier, I think they're monitoring to see what's topical. Dept of education and dept of health both at it. Blindboy whatshisname with the plastic bag over his head (as you do like) is monitored, other popular people with lots of followers and lots of journalists. Facebook and twitter, not sure if boards is because we're not really down with the kids.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Nah - Life Below Zero is filmed reality(ish) with real(ish) Alaskans in present day -5 or so years.
    The stars are all complete crazies and kooks. I loved them :) But a few made the news afterwards due to real life issues...

Were you thinking of Northern Exposure? The series about a New York doctor who was subscripted to a small outer Alaska town in the 90s? That was brilliant - I still watch old bootlegged episodes of that every now and then!

It was Northern Exposure! Anchorage is a song. I'm on a roll tonight with the stupidity. :D

It was Northern Exposure! Anchorage is a song. I'm on a roll tonight with the stupidity. :D

I loved Northern Exposure so much! It was so interesting and cool and fun. "Chris in the Morning" with his psych and philosophical meanderings and Maggie the Pilot and Ed the filmmaker/shaman and Shelly the cheerleader/barkeep/mother and her man Holling. And Maurice the ex-astronaut/rightwing developer They were all so great!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The night is young and I’m in the mood for

Dancing :D

Couldn’t care less about the soccer, Italia 90 was the best time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Anchorage is a song by Michelle Shocked, I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭thomil

All this talk about Alaska reminds me of a TV show I used to watch back in Germany, Flying Wild Alaska. I think it was on Discovery but I'm not sure.

Anyway, just chilling with a tea, thankfully it's Friday tomorrow!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Anchorage is a song by Michelle Shocked, I believe.

https://vimeo.com/99288663
    Such a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@CG, I’ll give it a suss! You better not be sending me down a new TV binge!:D

@Leggie, crap! I never thought of that!!! Next time :pac:

thomil wrote: »
    thankfully it's Friday tomorrow!

You can say that again! I'm so bored. Maybe the weekend will bring some fun with it!

You can say that again! I'm so bored. Maybe the weekend will bring some fun with it!

Fun? What is this fun you speak of? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd happily email any of you a better quality one, just PM me your email and I'll send it :)

Oh but that would require giving the real name, and you'd realise I'm not actually a princess or calla or any other gummi bear!

I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment:D

Ah no you're very good , you do enough leg work getting up and out at silly o clock :)

Fun? What is this fun you speak of? :confused:

Aww Leg End. It was an amazing thing. We used to have it in the old days. There would be laughing and dare I say it... Hugging. The more people, the better. You'd get real close, well within one meter and there would be uncovered mouths shouting and giggling and all sorts. Sometimes you might close talk INDOORS with a total stranger. Or even more than talk!!!! Hard to imagine now of course.

Oh but that would require giving the real name, and you'd realise I'm not actually a princess or calla or any other gummi bear!

I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment:D

Ah no you're very good , you do enough leg work getting up and out at silly o clock :)

Hahahaha! :D well, the options there if/when you find your commitment :)

Night all! Looks like good weather again in the am so gonna get up and get that leg work in again for some snaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Eating from home tomorrow and Monday so feel like the weekend has started already. Beautiful :)

Listening to St. Etienne - Nothing can stop us. Nice upbeat tune in these days of covid yawnfest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Glad that rain is over, for now at least. Monstrous downpours at times, couldn't hear myself think which was a good thing really..

Speaking of eating from home, amenu for a new Italian eatery was dropped into the letterbox today. They deliver. Creamy, cheesy, aromatic pasta dishes bourne directly to my door. Tomorrow I shall be indulging. I can't decide which pasta dish to have so I'll just have to order all of them.

Sardonicat wrote:
    Speaking of eating from home, amenu for a new Italian eatery was dropped into the letterbox today. They deliver. Creamy, cheesy, aromatic pasta dishes bourne directly to my door. Tomorrow I shall be indulging. I can't decide which pasta dish to have so I'll just have to order all of them.

Love Italian food. One of the perks of all this covid has been a wider selection of takeaway options...... probably the only perk actually :pac:

Love Italian food. One of the perks of all this covid has been a wider selection of takeaway options...... probably the only perk actually :pac:

Yes, but if I carry on at this rate I'll have to get it delivered for ever because I'll be too wide to get out the door to go and fetch it myself. Still, pasta though..

Sardonicat wrote:
    Yes, but if I carry on at this rate I'll have to get it delivered for ever because I'll be too wide to get out the door to go and fetch it myself. Still, pasta though..

That's okay. We were meant to be sedentary. It said it in the Bible....

That's okay. We were meant to be sedentary. It said it in the Bible....

So these roots sprouting out my arśe into the couch cushions are just me fulfilling God's unique plan for me? Grand so, pass the parmesan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So these roots sprouting out my arśe into the couch cushions are just me fulfilling God's unique plan for me? Grand so, pass the parmesan.

I can almost taste the Parmesan on the carbonara :) I love Italian food :)

Night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, at my folk's house, helping out my sis packing her things, (she's flying out to Switzerland for good in the morning), this could be an all-nighter

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to wind outside, nothing too rough.

Bedside. Forgot to put the phone on a silent and an alert from Apple saying my order shipped woke me... not a bad wake up for a Friday :D

It’s fierce quiet outside here and dark. Dark and quiet.

Same here..

You getting new phone?

Same here..

You getting new phone?

Apple woke you too Grem? Yes sir! Was hoping to have it today but the ordering wasn’t as smooth of an experience as I had hoped! But hey, I’m happy I got one and it’ll be here Monday :)

Nope I'm crap with tech so use what I have until death :o

Grem, try take a peak at the moon! It looks awesome! Just went up for wake up espresso and spent 10 just staring at it.

Ooh it's impressive, wish I had a camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ooh it's impressive, wish I had a camera

Subtle hint ? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement