Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Cordell

Those are made with what is normally discarded as compost by the wine makers, with water and sugar added to boost the fermentation.
    And that is the fortunate case when they don't just use refined alcohol flavors and food dye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Cordell wrote: »
    Those are made with what is normally discarded as compost by the wine makers, with water and sugar added to boost the fermentation.
    And that is the fortunate case when they don't just use refined alcohol flavors and food dye.

So you saying that they are non bio diversified ?

Are they in need of diversicare?

More diversity is always welcome! More diversity more better!

Is that not stonewalling those who are not diversifying?

Surely that is not being inclusive?

What if they become sheltered from change and get left behind? Is there a system for elevating the progress of the non bio diversified?

I'm afraid not, there is no system other than canceling them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Cordell wrote: »
    More diversity is always welcome! More diversity more better!
    If you have the wrong Diversity of thought though ~ ~ that out ! ! :eek::eek:

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Is that not stonewalling those who are not diversifying?

Surely that is not being inclusive?

What if they become sheltered from change and get left behind? Is there a system for elevating the progress of the non bio diversified?

They'll have safe spaces though. They're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Well the wine bags maybe a goon in Australia (why not fun bags? ), but one of their cheddar companies' names is worse and has recently been cancelled...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/24/australias-coon-cheese-to-change-name-in-effort-to-help-eliminate-racism

Considering the company was named after a person, I wonder if anyone with the same name should now be reassigned a new one to avoid offence.

So, we pretty much wiped your whole race when we moved in, and that's ok, we will make up for it by renaming a cheese brand to prevent us from being concerned that you may get offended. It may look like we're doing it for our own self grate-ification but it's not really, we are genuinely concerned about your human rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Candace Owens, a black American conservative, has a book out, Blackout.
    Apparently woke Amazon workers are spreading Vaseline and walking over the cover before shipping it out.
    She is obviously the wrong kind of black person.
    https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1307417920490713088?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

ingalway wrote: »
    Apparently woke Amazon workers are spreading Vaseline and walking over the cover before shipping it out.

Probably brainwashed white amazon workers.

Probably brainwashed white amazon workers.
    Probably Jealous White Amazon Workers ! !:eek:

ArrBee wrote: »
    Well the wine bags maybe a goon in Australia (why not fun bags? ), but one of their cheddar companies' names is worse and has recently been cancelled...

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jul/24/australias-coon-cheese-to-change-name-in-effort-to-help-eliminate-racism

Considering the company was named after a person, I wonder if anyone with the same name should now be reassigned a new one to avoid offence.

The Australians banned Noddy in the last century.

They cancelled him ( and Big Ears ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It was always considered an offensive term when I was in Brisbane.

Understandably so, considering how the aborigines behaved, with muggings, drunkenness, violence being directly associated with them, especially around the bus/train station. I didn't have any good experiences with them in the cities. Similar to the way Travellers are considered in Ireland. Racist, yes. Ignorant, kinda.

They are not all like that, I met loads of decent ones and they are pretty normal. But yeah a lot are treated like we treat travellers, they represent 3% of the population and 28% prison population. Majority of the crimes are committed amongst themselves, murders, child abuse and domestic violence has been part of life for 1000s of years and intertribal wars were common before Europeans turned up.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    They are not all like that, I met loads of decent ones and they are pretty normal. But yeah a lot are treated like we treat travellers, they represent 3% of the population and 28% prison population. Majority of the crimes are committed amongst themselves, murders, child abuse and domestic violence has been part of life for 1000s of years and intertribal wars were common before Europeans turned up.

A distinction needs to be made though. Aborigines who stay within their communities are generally lovely people, in spite of the poverty they experience. However, aborigines who enter the cities without work/education behind them, lean heavily towards drunkenness, violence and crime. They have the same problem American Indians have with alcohol, which means they easily become addicted and can't handle it well...

I encountered many aborigines in my time in Brisbane. Some were great, but honestly, many more were either pathetic in their behaviors or outright aggressive with genuine danger being involved. The existence of extremely high numbers of domestic violence by aboriginal males is well recorded. So.. make of it what you will.

mandrake04 wrote: »

Do they call Aboriginals who use Boomerangs "Boomers" ?

As opposed to the disgustingly ageist malign terminology used on the internet today? I feel soiled after mentioning the word tbh.

Boomerang-Throwing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Seriously, employers should have a few trick questions at interview time to smoke out these kind of asshats.
    Never employ one of these overbearing, excrutiating dimwits - for the health of your business and employees (and reputation)
    Tech companies are full of them and look what they do - be warned.

"A group of Spotify staffers are now reportedly pushing to introduce direct editing oversight over The Joe Rogan Experience — before the episodes go live. That includes content flags, trigger warnings, references to fact-checked information, or simply refusing to publish an episode at all."
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-spotify-editorial-oversight/

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Seriously, employers should have a few trick questions at interview time to smoke out these kind of asshats.
    Never employ one of these overbearing, excrutiating dimwits - for the health of your business and employees (and reputation)
    Tech companies are full of them and look what they do - be warned.

"A group of Spotify staffers are now reportedly pushing to introduce direct editing oversight over The Joe Rogan Experience — before the episodes go live. That includes content flags, trigger warnings, references to fact-checked information, or simply refusing to publish an episode at all."
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-spotify-editorial-oversight/
    How come they are not just told ~ ~ You are Not the Boss of Me ! !

As opposed to the disgustingly ageist malign terminology used on the internet today? I feel soiled after mentioning the word tbh.

Boomerang-Throwing.jpg
    Are those two aliens in over the top white suits ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,016 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

blinding wrote: »
    Probably Jealous White Amazon Workers ! !:eek:

I'm now visualizing actual Amazonian natives smearing vaseline on books in Peru, thanks.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

ingalway wrote: »

Shes an idiot but that's kind of childish.

Shes an idiot but that's kind of childish.
    Candace Owens is Brilliant Person !

I think Candace is what is commonly referred to in the Music industry as a " crossover hit ".

She is building the bridge between greed, totalitarianism, cross substantiation and transubstantiated millennial wokism.

She is a pioneer. ( of inclusiveness minorly subjugated )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

blinding wrote: »
    Candace Owens is Brilliant Person !

Praises Hitler and tweets conspiracy theories and misinformation. Suddenly decided she was a Trump supporter after he won the election after previously identifying as a liberal.

Proper liberal, as in someone who values personal freedom and responsibility?

Praises Hitler and tweets conspiracy theories and misinformation. Suddenly decided she was a Trump supporter after he won the election after previously identifying as a liberal.

Only Trump haters talk like that, I am calling fake news and total BS.

4 more years ( fist pumps prolonged clenched fist shape and holds , closes eyes and looks down to the ground in solemn contemplation)

I honestly know very little about her, but I enjoyed many of the "public" debates she had with woke audiences who wanted to harp on about sexism and racism. She and her companions, took the crap, and put it down using logic/statistics.

Dunno what she's like now. Pretty much everyone who starts that way, ends up a bit of a twat, but that's success for you. All the same, she seems a rather intelligent person, and while I get the Trump hate that is on boards, the alternative choice to follow in the US wasn't/isn't much better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Boomerang-Throwing.jpg

Why is that authentic Aborigine wearing a wedding ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hes probably married....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

sabat wrote: »
    Why is that authentic Aborigine wearing a wedding ring?

That's your bigotry of low expectations. Do you think the aborigines didn't have their own rings and jewellery? Shame on you! :p

Well, actually.. doing a quick google search and I doubt they were sporting rings like that, traditionally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement