Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Gruffalux wrote: »

What is to be done about the evils of chess and the almighty Queen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Nokotan wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nothing. In ChickThink land.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

When I play cards we simply declare that Queen is higher than King.

10, J, K, Q, (A).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

“If we have this hierarchy that the king is worth more than the queen then this subtle inequality influences people in their daily life because it’s just another way of saying ‘hey, you’re less important,” she said in an interview. “Even subtle inequalities like this do play a big role.”
    forensic psychology graduate

Good lord.

What I find most disturbing about these people is they are always looking to make $$$ themselves. €10 for a pack of gender neutral, race neutral cards is insane.

From her website:
    We also provide the option to print the back of the card deck with your company logo. An excellent opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to eliminate gender and race inequality with a practical and unique gadget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The wife of a King is given the title Queen, but the husband of a Queen is rarely if ever given the title King... so, given there is a King of Hearts, he holds the title in his own right, and should rank above his wife, the Queen of Hearts

• Registered Users Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

intersectionally now, the black queens should be worth more than the every other card

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

Akesh wrote: »
    What I find most disturbing about these people is they are always looking to make $$$ themselves. €10 for a pack of gender neutral, race neutral cards is insane.

You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Nothing. Women are simultaneously equal to men but also slightly better.

This really isn't difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

When I play cards we simply declare that Queen is higher than King.

10, J, K, Q, (A).

That's why I play Blackjack. Which I call African American Jill. And Jill is a They.

• Advertisement

"After a lot of trial and error, she designed a genderless deck in which the images of a king, queen and jack were replaced with gold, silver and bronze."

Um.. doesn't that just replace sexism with colorism? I mean the colors are still based on a sense of superiority.. It's classist and racist too that the Bronze is worth less than silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Another box ticked on Joe's woke identity politics list.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1351534789011132417

"The ASH is a civilian or a uniformed officer of the regular corps and is nominated for appointment by the president. The nominee must also be confirmed by the Senate. "

So.. it might be more gesture than in all seriousness. I had a look at the office. It's pretty powerful, all things considered.

"The stated mission of the commissioned corps of the U.S. Public Health Service is "Protecting, promoting, and advancing the health and safety of the Nation" in accordance with the commissioned corps's four Core Values: Leadership, Excellence, Integrity, and Service. Officers execute the mission of the commissioned corps in the following ways:

Help provide healthcare and related services to medically underserved populations: to American Indians, Alaska Natives, and to other population groups with special needs;
    Prevent and control disease, identify health hazards in the environment and help correct them, and promote healthy lifestyles for the nation's citizens;
    Improve the nation's mental health;
    Ensure that drugs and medical devices are safe and effective, food is safe and wholesome, cosmetics are harmless, and that electronic products do not expose users to dangerous amounts of radiation;
    Conduct and support biomedical, behavioral, and health services research, and communicate research results to health professionals and the public; and
    Work with other nations and international agencies on global health problems and their solutions."

Yup. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,424 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The madness is only just beginning.

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1351166007403028480
    Both Thomas and Martinez have cited racial inequality as perpetuating climate change, arguing that the Biden administration's environmental policy must be centered on "racial and economic justice."

"Unless intentionally interrupted, systemic racism will continue to be a major obstacle to creating a healthy planet," Martinez said in a 2019 press release touting her "Equitable & Just" climate platform. "The only path forward is to design national climate policies that are centered on justice."

For Thomas and Martinez, such policies require "massive" government spending and the "realignment of public dollars at all levels."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The madness is only just beginning.

Ok, I've read that a few times, and my brain is giving out to me for trying to find the sense in it. So climate change is now all because of white supremacists? Is that the gist of it?

Ok, I've read that a few times, and my brain is giving out to me for trying to find the sense in it. So climate change is now all because of white supremacists? Is that the gist of it?

White people have more stuff, use more stuff, and waste all that stuff... Because Black people having more stuff, doesn't mean them using or wasting more stuff. Obviously, that White people have wealth, and Black people don't, it must be racist. So, if Black people have all the stuff, and White people don't, then climate change won't be an issue?

I think. I don't quite get the logic, although I'm pretty sure it's based on the double standard that Black people wouldn't behave as White people do, if they had the same access to wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

"After a lot of trial and error, she designed a genderless deck in which the images of a king, queen and jack were replaced with gold, silver and bronze."

Um.. doesn't that just replace sexism with colorism? I mean the colors are still based on a sense of superiority.. It's classist and racist too that the Bronze is worth less than silver.

Frankly I think gold and silver is just bringing up images of European colonialism and the enslavement of Asian and African peoples in order to rape their lands of all their minerals and resources

Oh dear Tarquin I must retire after such distressing thoughts once I've had my hot soya milk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Frankly I think gold and silver is just bringing up images of European colonialism and the enslavement of Asian and African peoples in order to rape their lands of all their minerals and resources

Oh dear Tarquin I must retire after such distressing thoughts once I've had my hot soya milk

How dare you sexualise that soya milk!!!

They might be hot but they are a person!!!

😋😋😋

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1351534789011132417
    From Wikipedia
    Levine is originally from Wakefield, Massachusetts.[6] She is Jewish, grew up attending Hebrew school, and had a bat mitzvah.

Whatever about changing Elliott Page's name on movie credits, there are some fundamental differences between bar mitzvahs (for a boy) and bat mitzvahs (for a girl)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sex-and-dating/balldo-ball-sex

“As cis men, our penises –– and what we want to do with those penises –– can occupy much of our thoughts, so it was only a matter of time before someone figured out a way to have two of them by turning our testicles into a second makeshift cock.”

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Checkmate!

Wait .......... will they have to change that term now too? Maybe Checkperson?

Kivaro wrote: »
    Checkmate!

Wait .......... will they have to change that term now too? Maybe Checkperson?

I think the king can just identify as the queen now.. it's kind of like castling out of check..

Unable to post a link here but reading online that around 3/4 of black and ethnic minority people in the UK are hesitant to take the Covid vaccine or will be outright refusing to take it.

Apparently it’s due to racism and “we have no one from our culture who advises us”.

So they won’t listen to white experts, just because they are white ? Isn’t there a term for that ???

I saw some video of a black guy in England the other day in hospital with the covid and he was like

"Well, it's obviously made worse because of my ethnicity.."

And no one thought to go "What the hell are you talking about?"..

CQD wrote: »
    I saw some video of a black guy in England the other day in hospital with the covid and he was like

Apparently there was a show on tv called “Is Covid racist?”. No it’s a bloody virus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Here's a clip of two politicians of ethic minority discussing covid being racism . One is stating facts the other is playing identify politics. I know which one id voting for. No wonder labour lost the last election . Could you imagine how much more work they could get done if they didn't try and turn everthing into race and racism

https://youtu.be/K-7QgS210Sw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I do think that minorities are over represented when it comes to bad covid outcomes. I have 3 potential reasons. I wonder what the evidence says...

* Socioeconomic? - People living in poorer areas might be more likely to live in crowded conditions and be less able to social distance.
    * Genetic? - Could certain races be more prone due to genetic factors?
    * Environmental? - Could dark skinned people living in europe be more vitamin D deficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,823 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Unable to post a link here but reading online that around 3/4 of black and ethnic minority people in the UK are hesitant to take the Covid vaccine or will be outright refusing to take it.

Apparently it’s due to racism and “we have no one from our culture who advises us”.

So they won’t listen to white experts, just because they are white ? Isn’t there a term for that ???

how is the African vaccine coming along? do they have any decolonised science groups working on it? :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

I do think that minorities are over represented when it comes to bad covid outcomes. I have 3 potential reasons. I wonder what the evidence says...

* Socioeconomic? - People living in poorer areas might be more likely to live in crowded conditions and be less able to social distance.
    * Genetic? - Could certain races be more prone due to genetic factors?
    * Environmental? - Could dark skinned people living in europe be more vitamin D deficient?

Plus, underlying health conditions is a major factor. Having conditions like type 2 diabetes increases the risk of bad outcomes with COVID-19. In the US, African Americans are 77% more likely than white people to have type 2 diabetes. Four out of five African American women are overweight or obese.

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    how is the African vaccine coming along? do they have any decolonised science groups working on it? :pac:

Well there was a mad load of folk in the UK who wanted to wait for an English one ....!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement