Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stay sane or plan for the apocalypse?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Taking notes of all the people stocking up, so when the **** hits the fan I'll know who to raid. ;)
    Mormons.

They are obliged to stockpile a years supply of food.

But what if they've already coughed on it ? :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

ADzxpqhl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I dunno , I know we're only at early stages with football and rugby gone along with the local out of bounds but I've just noticed my wife is quite a good conversationalist , she has lots of opinions on things and even showed me how to use the washing machine.
    She seems nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Puddin9999

That's for keeping the bodies cold

"bring out yar dead"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,365 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

BattleCorp wrote: »
    All you anti-gun fcukers, how does it feel facing the apocalypse with no guns? :D

Huge relief to know that there wont be gangs of marauding fcukers going around with guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Just watched the lighthouse.

Arrr yell get cabin fever lad..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If one has had the virus and it's cleared would it be okay then to volunteer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I see martial law, rations, control of movement within the country all coming.

Martial law is nothing, its Marital law you need to be worried about.

"Yes, dear I am coming to bed soon just another 5 minutes on the Internet "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

I am currently in Spain, everything is closed. Cops and army on the streets. Prepare now. Get ready.

• Advertisement

6541 wrote: »
    I am currently in Spain, everything is closed. Cops and army on the streets. Prepare now. Get ready.

Should have been preparing in Ireland two weeks ago. After this supplies will be limited and controlled

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Just got worse for me. Wifey wants to move in mother in law....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Should have been preparing in Ireland two weeks ago. After this supplies will be limited and controlled
    If people were to stop panic buying this wouldn't happen. I reckon people will ease off the buying soon .....it will be easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Huge relief to know that there wont be gangs of marauding fcukers going around with guns.

What's to say government goons won't have guns and use them against you?.

You think the state cares for you?

In China 'quarantine' basically means being bolted into your home with doors welded shut to starve to death.

How considerate it, forced incarceration of citizens with no food or water. Prisoners get better treatment.

This same Chinese government is lauded and praised by the World Health Organisation.

Shows you what the WHO think of people!.

People want weapons to defend themselves against tyranny and tyrannical governments.

Look at these poor souls in China. Left to starve to death in a welded shut house under the guise of self isolation, incarceration in another term.

People have a right to defend themselves against this tyranny and the most cruel death, starvation.

By the way anyone who starves to death the state just sticks them people on coronavirus death statistics and no one's the wiser. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

In China 'quarantine' basically means being bolted into your home with doors welded shut to starve to death.

How considerate it, forced incarceration of citizens with no food or water. Prisoners get better treatment.

This same Chinese government is lauded and praised by the World Health Organisation.

People want weapons to defend themselves against tyranny and tyrannical governments.

Look at these poor souls in China. Left to starve to death in a welded shut house under the guise of self isolation, incarceration in another term.

People have a right to defend themselves against this tyranny and the most cruel death, starvation.

By the way anyone who starves to death the state just sticks them people on coronavirus death statistics and no one's the wiser. :(

If it stops the spread then is it not better hey are made stay home instead to contain the spread

Excuse me but I got a hunch ~ too many parallels with this and free movement in general.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    If it stops the spread then is it not better hey are made stay home instead to contain the spread

Excuse me but I got a hunch ~ too many parallels with this and free movement in general.

It shows you how much propaganda and brainwashing works on people.

Barricade and starve people to death for their 'health'.

You couldn't make it up. :(

Worth noting that many many many of these people haven't even been tested.

If you kill thousands under tyranny or 'security' and protection what difference does it make?.
    Surviving relatives aren't comforted by knowing their family were killed to ahem 'protect' others.

State Murder is all it is. Plain and simple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It shows you how much propaganda and brainwashing works on people.

Barricade and starve people to death for their 'health'.

You couldn't make it up. :(

Worth noting that many many many of these people haven't even been tested.

If you kill thousands under tyranny or 'security' and protection what difference does it make?.
    Surviving relatives aren't comforted by knowing their family were killed to ahem 'protect' others.

State Murder is all it is. Plain and simple.
    Why oh why are you comparing us to China??

Keano wrote: »
    Why oh why are you comparing us to China??

I'm not they are your words I never made a direct comparison. However I think it's interesting people haven't a clue what's going on in China.

I'm pointing out whats going on in China for 'security reasons'.

If the army come onto the streets hmmmmmmm.

Also the media heaps praise on China's reaction and also many times we have been told we are just a few weeks behind China?.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm not they are your words I never made a direct comparison. However I think it's interesting people haven't a clue what's going on in China.

I'm pointing out whats going on in China for 'security reasons'.

If the army come onto the streets hmmmmmmm.

Also the media heaps praise on China's reaction and also many times we have been told we are just a few weeks behind China?.
    So in a thread about Ireland, your are posting all about China but not comparing us?? Right then.

Keano wrote: »
    So in a thread about Ireland, your are posting all about China but not comparing us?? Right then.

Thread about Ireland???

How does the above apply only to Ireland?

OP could be in Sudan for all you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Thread about Ireland???

How does the above apply only to Ireland?

OP could be in Sudan for all you know.

Then he'd be on Boards.sd

mad m wrote: »
    Just got worse for me. Wifey wants to move in mother in law....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahh jaysus ..... its time for you to go like and self isolate. Three weeks, a sack of rice and Lego Star Wars on the Xbox and you should be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

If we lose our sense of humour then we are all truly lost !

but even humour can be dangerous....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,365 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Two issues:

1) Ireland is not China
    2) Even if it was, you're never going to have more guns than the goons from the State, so you're not really going to stop them having their own way anyhoo.

Guns don't protect you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Guns don't protect you.
    True that.

Bullets do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I’m on the edge, Beginning to think I should buy a massive chest freezer and hunker down. (I’ve done no panic buying to date, herd mentality is setting in).In all seriousness, this is getting serious....

How the Fock are you planning to keep sane in the next few weeks....

I'm listening to this all the time, with experts talking on Claire Byrne Live now about how people will cope with the "social isolation" and looking after their mental health when most places are closed for only two weeks!; and here's me thinking it's wonderful that I'm left alone and have more peace and quiet and don't have to justify preferring my own company or staying in when I want. :pac:

I love how it's more quiet on the streets and that tomorrow night I won't have drunken assholes keeping me awake all night as they stagger home from pubs.

I love that strangers are keeping their distance more and not engaging in small talk which I'm useless at anyway.

For an introvert and a private person like me this is bliss tbh :D

I'm not doing anything different to my normal routine. I do my work from home, I food shop, I go out for walks, I listen to the radio, go online...same as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

And people thought I was nuts saying at Christmas we should shut everything for 2 days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

pgj2015 wrote: »
    some people need to relax, we will be ok, we will look back at this in a couple of months and laugh.

Funny as I used to post a bit in current affairs covid19 thread until it became a mess and there used to be lots of posters making comments similar to yourself. They looked silly 5 weeks ago and they look silly now. Nobody will be laughing about this is a couple of months, not even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭pgj2015

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Funny as I used to post a bit in current affairs covid19 thread until it became a mess and there used to be lots of posters making comments similar to yourself. They looked silly 5 weeks ago and they look silly now. Nobody will be laughing about this is a couple of months, not even close.

I wish i could see into the future like you. you would think the human race never faced any problem before. its not an alien invasion from space that is trying to kill us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

The likes of large suppliers like Musgraves are well stocked. Companies stocked up in advance of Brexit so there'll be little disruption.
    Though I have been informed Musgraves have no toilet roll.

Advertisement