Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pub related question

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Patww79 wrote: »

What about a restaurant, Pat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I've to go to a pub tomorrow night. I don't drink and don't spend much time in pubs at all.

Can I buy a glass of sparkling water in a normal irish pub?

If not, what non-alcoholic beverage can I buy?

Thanks for the help!

You can buy sparkling water, tonic water or even ask for tap water with ice in 99% of Irish pubs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You can buy sparkling water, tonic water or even ask for tap water with ice in 99% of Irish pubs

Yeah but the only reason they stock them is cause they're meant to be used as mixers. I mean like, in a Cafe you could theoretically buy a cup of cream but they only really stock it to be put in the coffee. Not trying to make the OP feeling awkward or anythin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Ask for a pint of Andrews Liver Salts .

Going to pubs and their blaring tvs is so last century.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Just takes lines of coke off the toilet roll holder.

Or your phone if youve skill.

No drink needed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Ah shur you'll have the wan won't ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I go to a pub to talk to the people I know there. This carry on of having six tvs on and the jukebox blaring never makes any sense to me. I'm probably imune to it now though as it has been seven years in my local.

Advertisement