Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Eagle

2»

Comments

I used paypal with revolut as my card payment in paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

glasso wrote: »
    I used paypal with revolut as my card payment in paypal

I have never managed to add Revolut as a payment card in PayPal. Would it work as a bank account I wonder?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I have never managed to add Revolut as a payment card in PayPal. Would it work as a bank account I wonder?

I've had it as my card in paypal for ages - prepaid mastercard

works fine

could try it as a bank account I suppose - no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I've had it as my card in paypal for ages - prepaid mastercard

works fine

could try it as a bank account I suppose - no harm

Ah... My Revolut is more recent and is Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

Thanks OP, great bargain.
    Put through and order last night using Revolut and my card has been debited so fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled. Anyone else get this far using Revolut or is there a chance it could still get cancelled?

I was getting the errors others have mentioned re my address, eventually took the space out of the Eircode and it worked but could have been a coincidence...

• Advertisement

ordered Black Friday and estimated delivery next Wed Dec 9 - not too bad considering the Black Friday rush and coming from the US

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

McGaz23 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, great bargain.
    Put through and order last night using Revolut and my card has been debited so fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled. Anyone else get this far using Revolut or is there a chance it could still get cancelled?

I was getting the errors others have mentioned re my address, eventually took the space out of the Eircode and it worked but could have been a coincidence...

I had the exact same issues as you, paid with Revolut and kept getting an error message when trying to complete the order - but, yep it was the space in the Eircode, so again like yourself once I removed it order when through with no issues.

I ordered on the 30th of November and got a mail this morning confirming that my order shipped today (with tracking)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Anyone receive there bits yet? Finally got the order through last wek

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Yep, mine arrived this afternoon. Originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday but arrived today ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭McGaz23

skinny90 wrote: »
    Anyone receive there bits yet? Finally got the order through last wek

Not yet, ordered on the 1st just got a dispatch notice overnight due to arrive 11th.

• Advertisement

Ordered Nov 29th.

Out for delivery today, a day earlier than projected.

Not bad coming from the US in fairness and ordered / processed at the busiest time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Any customs charges for those who already received? It says it’s paid on US end but just wanted to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

Any customs charges for those who already received? It says it’s paid on US end but just wanted to be sure.

None for me anyway ordered 30th November I think and arrived yesterday.

Looked like they just came in a regular van so not sure who delivers them.

Either way very efficient and I would definitely order again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭budgemook

Got my stuff today - jeans seem great, really comfortable and a good fit.

The tops are all pretty big though. I'm usually a medium, sometimes large, so I ordered medium but for this stuff I'd order a small if ordering again.

EDIT - 36 euro to send stuff back. Was always a risk :) Anyone want to buy some medium sized American Eagle gear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bonsai_73

Anyone else still waiting? My order was due for delivery today and last update on tracking says "Package available for clearance" at 7am yesterday. No movement on it since. Which courier is delivering, does anyone know?

Edit: nevermind, they just arrived a few mins ago, it appears they just haven't updated the tracking yet!

budgemook wrote: »
    Got my stuff today - jeans seem great, really comfortable and a good fit.

The tops are all pretty big though. I'm usually a medium, sometimes large, so I ordered medium but for this stuff I'd order a small if ordering again.

EDIT - 36 euro to send stuff back. Was always a risk :) Anyone want to buy some medium sized American Eagle gear ;)

hoodies are fine for me medium - altho they can vary a bit even across their mediums

haven't bought any shirts or the like where good fit matters more

jeans and hoodies is all I would get there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭budgemook

hoodies are fine for me medium - altho they can vary a bit even across their mediums

haven't bought any shirts or the like where good fit matters more

jeans and hoodies is all I would get there

Ah I cross referenced their size guide with a brand of clothes that fits me well and the American eagle small would be the same as their medium. Should have done that beforehand. Jeans and long sleeve thermal T-shirt are great, hoodie and polo shirt will make a nice Christmas present for someone.

Anyway, good bargains - thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Stupid question I am on US site...so can only select US address...so I don't have zip code or state...do you switch to ireland?
    I click on that and it switches to EU site

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sp9612

Hi folks. Digging up an old thread apologies.

I have ordered off American eagle 3 times in the last 5 years or so. Most recently July 2022.

It was always possible to Order off the US version of the AE website and pick delivery to Ireland. There was also never any custom duties to be paid on delivery any of the times I used them.

I have been trying to place an order on the american eagle US site again in the last few days. But it does not let me change the delivery country to Ireland. It tells me I need to visit the EU American eagle site. The problem is the europe AE site does not have the same products I want, nor does it have anything like the value of the US AE site.

I had the idea today to order off the US site and use anPost AddressPal to get it delivered to me in Ireland. I am having doubts though that I will have to pay import duties when An Post deliver my order?

On Friday AE live chat agent told me that as mentioned above the only countries that are liable for import duties upon delivery are South Korea, Israel, Greenland, Russia

Any one shed any insight? Has anyone ordered of the US american eagle site using address pal? Did they have to pay import duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

I would say definitely expect to pay import duties on anything imported from the US (in fact anything from outside the EU) for which you don't have import duties pre-paid.

An post are fairly watertight at collecting import duties nowadays, very little, i anything passes them by - and that is before you consider AddressPal is their forwarding service for US shipments.

I would think the advice the AE agent gave you relates to 'countries the US website can ship to AND who have import duties' as opposed to 'countries of the world that have import duties'.

Sorry, probably not what you had hoped to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I would look at the EU price vs the US price plus customs charges. You might luck out, but chances are you'll pay so make sure it still makes sense to import them.

Advertisement