Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

Is there any general Amazon bargains thread on here to discuss deals outside of Black Friday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

roro1990 wrote: »
    Is there any general Amazon bargains thread on here to discuss deals outside of Black Friday week?

no - it's a separate thread for each bargain (if there are any.)

which given the performance of the amazon thread this year, is probably a good thing.

It's funny, the Argos threads work very well, but the amazon ones don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

torrevieja wrote: »
    I just dont get these at all , i ordered one then was thinking why,

interested to hear what people have these for,,
    Was thinking the same but ordered one based on one of the reviews. It will allow me to make the immersion "smart". At present I don't even have a timer on the immersion so I rely on the boiler via my Tado smart heating system to heat the water.
    That's fine during the winter but in summer I'd rather not use the gas to heat the water. Now I'll hopefully be able to set the immersion on a timed routine.

sorry haven't been following the thread so just seeing these now

I've added two to my heating controls to make them connected to Alexa.

The Smartbots basically just push the "Turn on heating for 1 hour" button. I have 2 zones in my house, each with their own button, so hence why I bought two.

Cheaper than upgrading all my controls to Hive, plus no need to mess with electricals or get anything installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

The Fire 10in Tablets are back to 149.99 so I presume that's confirmation that the Sales are over.

I never took part in previous Black Fridays but this one was very disappointing.

Prime day was actually better but not by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

The Fire 10in Tablets are back to 149.99 so I presume that's confirmation that the Sales are over.

I never took part inprevious Black Fridays but this one was very disappointing.

Prime day was actually better but not by much.
    Was this cheaper on Prime day as opposed to Black Friday deal, I ordered one from warehouse for about 82 sterling, still waiting on delivery.

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    Was this cheaper on Prime day as opposed to Black Friday deal, I ordered one from warehouse for about 82 sterling, still waiting on delivery.

It was the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I got a Fire HD8 on Prime Day for £44.99, reduced from £89.99. The best Black Friday/Cyber Monday price was £54.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

same here got a fire hd 8 for 45, very good battery so far

gussieg wrote: »
    same here got a fire hd 8 for 45, very good battery so far

Yeah, awesome battery life.. I'm getting 13 hours of heavy usage on a full charge... Excellent, responsive tablet and the extra RAM is great- it really lifts the RAM headroom issue that the 2017 HD8 has. Also, its device dashboard mode is great for linking to Alexa -enabled home automation devices and shows all the devices more or less like an Amazon Show when you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I got a Fire HD8 on Prime Day for £44.99, reduced from £89.99. The best Black Friday/Cyber Monday price was £54.99.

I got one "like new" a few years back for 35 euro

Deals not what they were

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

robwen wrote: »
    In a similar position myself, what happens if they turn up after you've been refunded, will they charge u again?

Have your missing items turned up yet? mine are still missing anyway, at this stage I don’t expect them to be delivered.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Have your missing items turned up yet? mine are still missing anyway, at this stage I don’t expect them to be delivered.

Just on this... if we order something in, say, a week or 2 from now and it ends up arriving after Jan 1st (!) we have to pay customs on it right?

i.e. our last orders from Amazon UK should be made latest early next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just on this... if we order something in, say, a week or 2 from now and it ends up arriving after Jan 1st (!) we have to pay customs on it right?

i.e. our last orders from Amazon UK should be made latest early next week?

No, if it's below €22 including delivery you're ok until July.

Caranica wrote: »

I don't think I've ever had an order under €22 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

How long you been waiting? Had an item sitting with An Post since Nov 24th... finally changed status to "Out for Delivery" today.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    How long you been waiting? Had an item sitting with An Post since Nov 24th... finally changed status to "Out for Delivery" today.

Mine left Merseyside on 20th November and nothing since, 3 echo dots in that delivery.

Mine left Merseyside on 20th November and nothing since, 3 echo dots in that delivery.

Should be a refund option on their site for the order, they know when stuff hasn't been delivered and then set a deadline for when you can come back and get a refund.

You're probably like myself though... would prefer the items and not much consolation in a refund other than not being at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Should be a refund option on their site for the order, they know when stuff hasn't been delivered and then set a deadline for when you can come back and get a refund.

You're probably like myself though... would prefer the items and not much consolation in a refund other than not being at a loss.

Delays on the An Post side. I had an item showing at the sorting centre in Dublin since November 24th. I contacted An Post who advised that the item had been shipped to Limerick on the 24th. The backlog was at An Post in Limerick. The tracking changed this morning and the item arrived around 9am.

I have ordered other items from Amazon after the 24th which have been delivered already by DHL, UPS and DPD.

Delays on the An Post side. I had an item showing at the sorting centre in Dublin since November 24th. I contacted An Post who advised that the item had been shipped to Limerick on the 24th. The backlog was at An Post in Limerick. The tracking changed this morning and the item arrived around 9am.

I have ordered other items from Amazon after the 24th which have been delivered already by DHL, UPS and DPD.

Chaotic at the moment... I'm waiting on Adidas stuff via DHL since Nov 20th and there's no sign of it beyond hitting the export centre in Cologne.

Bad time of year for it, but the old CV19 lark has things gone nuts.

They were refunded last week, that’s not the issue, the issue is they are out of stock till 2021 now. I really wanted them to turn up and would have no problem handing back the refund either. I managed to get 3 of the normal grey ones from littlewoods this week, not the colours I wanted, but hopefully they’ll do if they turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've been blessed. Just about everything I've ordered the last few weeks has arrived with 2 days of ordering!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭robwen

No haven't shown up I've got my refund, the order is still showing in my orders with "your package may have been lost" & the tracking is still showing hasn't updated since November 16th which was departed Amazon facility but it's never made it to An Post to check the tracking with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I ordered the show 8 and nest indoor cam, the show arrived, but no cam until jan 25. Will i have to pay more for it? The whole bundle was like 60 pound

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tusk wrote: »
    I ordered the show 8 and nest indoor cam, the show arrived, but no cam until jan 25. Will i have to pay more for it? The whole bundle was like 60 pound
    No, you’ve paid for it already (or at least agreed a price to pay).. it’s just that the cam will ship separately.

antodeco wrote: »
    I've been blessed. Just about everything I've ordered the last few weeks has arrived with 2 days of ordering!

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Just got a raft of dispatch notices. All coming via DPD, Looks like they are consolidating orders where possible. So if you've made a couple of orders a few days apart, hang tight, they will consolidate the orders into a single delivery.

I had several orders and the majority was sent separately and 4 only were delivered by An post this morning all separate packages.

The Amazon scammers were out in force today... Calls to say yer card was charged £259 for a new iPhone. If you didn't order it, press 1 for Customer Services... You'll be quickly relieved of yer card limit if you go through and give your card details...

I had 8 calls in the space of 2 hours.. BAstards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just got a raft of dispatch notices. All coming via DPD, Looks like they are consolidating orders where possible. So if you've made a couple of orders a few days apart, hang tight, they will consolidate the orders into a single delivery.

I got 2 separate dpd deliveries today within an hour of each other. Different drivers :pac:

Basq wrote: »
    No, you’ve paid for it already (or at least agreed a price to pay).. it’s just that the cam will ship separately.

but if arriving late Jan it will be subject to customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Caranica wrote: »

That threshold is for VAT and Amazon already charge Irish VAT so that's not an issue

Customs duty threshhold is €150 for non EU purchases so that could come into play

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement