Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Utah Monolith

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

_Brian wrote: »
    No doubt but this is a promotional piece for an artist, tv program or product.

4o7ukd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It disappeared in Utah but an exact same one has appeared in Romania.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1333484643354632198?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

And a third has appeared in California. The mystery deepens - just what is the movie they are promoting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »

Looks like a Banksy-Musk 2001 space oddity inspired desert erection to promote something?

Man-made polished steel piece of hollow modern art with four visible rivets, certainly not Alien in origin. Would look good in the Tate-Modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

I prefer the Georgia Guidestones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Another one has appeared on the Isle of Wight.

BBC News - Monolith appears on Isle of Wight beach
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55212336

An artist collective group calling themselves "The Most Famous Artist" are taking responsibility for these installations. And are now selling replicas at 45K a pop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Most stupid story ever and an obvious promo. Media should be doing more to avoid this type of guff.

Ah here now. Locals getting in on the craic in Sligo. With additional morse code

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/sligochampion/news/mysterious-object-appears-in-wood-39888570.html

Hahaha Joe "Thats fascinating" Rogan will be sure to dedicate 20 minutes to it in his next podcast.

The worst interviewer I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Most stupid story ever and an obvious promo. Media should be doing more to avoid this type of guff.

Promo for what,?
    Haven't heard anything since and if it were a promo, they missed their peak timing.

Looks to be an art project perhaps that spawned copycats?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

GABBO!

A new chrome monolith just appeared the other day on a hill in Salisbury. Totally man-made, but by whome, and for what purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

A new chrome monolith just appeared the other day on a hill in Salisbury. Totally man-made, but by whome, and for what purpose?

LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

At some stage some donkeys arse is going to come out and say he’s an Artist and he did it for Art, and I know right now that I will want to punch him so hard in his pretentious face. So. Badly.

Oink wrote: »
    At some stage some donkeys arse is going to come out and say he’s an Artist and he did it for Art, and I know right now that I will want to punch him so hard in his pretentious face. So. Badly.

That donkeys arse gets around, are we sure it's just one person erecting them? I suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Banksy ?

Advertisement