Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-11-2020, 09:50   #91
brisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
‘monster road/motorway’ ? are people delusional? At that church and all along from Howth through main street Raheny and on down to Fairview is a tree lined one lane road with partial bus/bicycle lane that has not widened since they built it in the 1950’s & called the Howth Road. exasperated.

op seems to have entirely dissappeared.
I think what the poster meant was that for a small village its a fairly busy road that passes right through it ,same applies to Killester
From Marino to Raheny in rush hour is not a pleasant drive
Advertisement
16-11-2020, 10:53   #92
Sweet.Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisan View Post
With the raheny inn closed and even when wet pubs open there will be no crowds and no music I wonder how long the lads can continue to pay the lease
The cock and bull did not last long
Agreed the Manhattan is isolated but to be fair its 20 yards across the road
I always wondered how the Mint Cottage stayed open ,its tiny with so few tables
Will be glad to see it close anyway. They are trying to turn it into a Rugby pub. English owners i think. Hopefully the Raheny Inn bounces back. Great pub
16-11-2020, 11:07   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1981 View Post
Right. You're buying a site and a house really.
I wouldn't count on that because the seller would surely have sought planning and then sold it as a house plus site with planning, or sold the site separately. Perhaps they tried and were refused.

Don't think the price is too high personally.
16-11-2020, 11:19   #94
jon1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenPigsCry View Post
I wouldn't count on that because the seller would surely have sought planning and then sold it as a house plus site with planning, or sold the site separately. Perhaps they tried and were refused.

Don't think the price is too high personally.
Yeah I agree it may not be viable to build another house along side the existing house. However, it's still a site for one very large house you could build if you have the cash.
(2) thanks from:
16-11-2020, 12:10   #95
John_Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Science View Post
Will be glad to see it close anyway. They are trying to turn it into a Rugby pub. English owners i think. Hopefully the Raheny Inn bounces back. Great pub
That's odd. I didn't think anyone would be applauding local businesses closing due to C-19 no matter where the owners are from.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-11-2020, 12:58   #96
Sweet.Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Rambo View Post
That's odd. I didn't think anyone would be applauding local businesses closing due to C-19 no matter where the owners are from.
Hearing stories from people who have worked there i wouldnt lose too much sleep over it. Apologies for derailing the thread
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion