Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WhatsApp Group?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I dont even know what WhatsApp is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Yeah, my number is 088 8080082

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Yeah sure, but only if it's moderated :D

gozunda wrote: »
    I dont even know what WhatsApp is ...

Are you asking whats WhatsApp app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

I’ll join but only if we make it part of a world record attempt. The largest WhatsApp group in the world ! What an achievement that would be !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,804 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Valresnick wrote: »
    I’ll join but only if we make it part of a world record attempt. The largest WhatsApp group in the world ! What an achievement that would be !

The maximum number of WhatsApp group members is 256 I’m reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Greyfox wrote: »
    WhatsApp is not social media, its simply a way to contact people that's far superior than texting people. The secret is don't join groups that are full of idiots

WhatsApp is a social media tool, it allows you connect with people to share text, images and videos. WhatsApp collects a lot of data about you, such as your phone number, information about your location, your user habits, and your contacts.

2 years ago anyone of your WhatsApp contacts could add you to a group without asking permission and there was nothing you could do to stop it only leave the group after your were added which gave the group a notification that you left the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

drake70 wrote: »
    Are you asking whats WhatsApp app?

What's whats WhatsApp? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Strumms wrote: »
    The maximum number of WhatsApp group members is 256 I’m reading.

Divide that number of boards members by 256 and that’s how many groups we will need. We will also need admins and mods to. Interviews at 9am sharp lads. Meet here.

Can you make a WhatsApp group comprising of multiple WhatsApp groups?

• Advertisement

Such a whatsapp group would be a bad idea, but I wonder, is the OP isolated and reaching out for some human contacts due to the lockdown?

I know its AH, but it wouldn't hurt to be a little kinder. You never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Such a whatsapp group would be a bad idea, but I wonder, is the OP isolated and reaching out for some human contacts due to the lockdown?

Yup, I find I'm getting more and more dependent on it, slowly getting isolated despite my best attempts. You're very probably right in this instance. Horrible feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

To tell the truth I thought that when I read his post. Not a good time for some people who are isolating. But if he feels that way he could post the bollox out of boards, there enough forums to go crazy on, and enough poster to annoy too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

WhatsApp is a social media tool, it allows you connect with people to share text, images and videos.

Its very different to facebook & twitter. Its the best way to message a group of friends with the added benefit of adding pictures, videos or links. With social media you have the social pressure of adding people you dont really care about and having to log in. Also social media makes you feel like you need a proper profile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm in!

Leo Varadkar has sent me something and I'm dying to share with a select group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yeah, my number is 088 8080082

Sounds like my number from leaner times: Eight nothing Eight Nothing Nothing Two Eight.

Advertisement