Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Alright the cat.
    Shot one - we see a cat
    Shot two - we see a cat reacting very well to a low electrical charge exploding the tomato ketchup sachet on its neck. Flick your own cats tail when its not looking tonight to get a similar reaction.
    Shot three - we see a sleeping / dead "cat" with paint on (could even be a lookalike roadkill) on the street.

This is how people have been murdered in movies since Chaplin was a lad.

Your imaginations did the rest. RIP to all real cats gunned down by juvenile tearaways with access to MAC-10s or similar tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Just out of interest does anyone know what gun was used to shoot the cat ? Some people on the radio were saying it was an AK47 but its definitely not an Ak47 it looked a lot more high tech than an AK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Jumboman wrote: »
    Just out of interest does anyone what gun was used to shoot the cat ? Some people on the radio were saying it was an AK47 but its definitely not an Ak47 it looked a lot more high tech than an AK.

Looked a bit like this..

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/smith-wesson-mp15-22p-semi-automatic-pistol/smith-wesson-mp15-22p-semi-automatic-pistol/#axzz2h3iuahxi

3 for 1 in Tescos come Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's an MP5k sub machine gun.

DiW9pxn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GrumPy wrote: »
    It's an MP5k sub machine gun.

DiW9pxn.jpg

Was the clip that long and curved?? Don't think it was?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Goes back to the image of Italian mobsters being all nice and loving to their kids then going out and whacking a guy in Las Vegas desert.

I know he is brain damaged but who would bring a cabbage on a robbery.I mean how can he even drive a car in this state.And how can he give evidence against Nidge when he is not of sound mind.??

Also Nidge walks into the garage to talk to the security man before jumping out to rob it.I am sure the cops would see him and the security van man on video camera.Putting him at the scene of the crime and talking to the van driver.Very sloppy Nidge.

i thought Nidge was unaware of how bad he was and just heard he was out and about again, and wants to keep him close in case he remembers anything....he did look in a right state though, and his history on jobs wasn't the best anyway if my memory serves me!! he lost a pile of coke before for a start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Also Nidge walks into the garage to talk to the security man before jumping out to rob it.I am sure the cops would see him and the security van man on video camera.Putting him at the scene of the crime and talking to the van driver.Very sloppy Nidge.

Do you know who's who in this or did you not really watch it?

Because as far as my recollection goes Security guard B goes into the garage to "buy a packet of smokes" as in phone Nidge for instructions, while Guard A waits out with the van and agonises over his predicament. Guard B even shakes his head at Nidge from a distance when Guard A says he's phoned in the kidnapping.

Nidge meanwhile is sat in the beamer across the road with Elmo, after having followed the van from the depot. He doesn't go near the van until the beamer roars across the road and they rob it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Brían F O'Byrne, who plays the detective cop introduced at the end there is a serious actor, genuinely (for those who haven't seen him) more than a match for Vaughan Lalor at his best. Will be interesting to see if the script gives him room to shine - going on the opening I think he will. He a small part in Intermission as the bus driver if that helps jog any memories.

Did he run onto the Giants stadium pitch when Ireland were playing and get a hiding from the cops till Big Jack interviened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The death of the cat symbolises that not every cat has nine lives. Also Tommy asking for fizzy orange is very symbolic. A quick search shows that Tango is Ireland's fourth biggest selling fizzy orange drink, and this is the fourth season, and as we all know Tangos famous tagline is "You've been Tangoed", this makes me think that Tommy is having us all on with his "simple"act! This will be detrimental to Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Was the clip that long and curved?? Don't think it was?

KG 9?

• Advertisement

Son0vagun wrote: »
    The death of the cat symbolises that not every cat has nine lives. Also Tommy asking for fizzy orange is very symbolic. A quick search shows that Tango is Ireland's fourth biggest selling fizzy orange drink, and this is the fourth season, and as we all know Tangos famous tagline is "You've been Tango", this makes me think that Tommy is having us all on with his "simple"act! This will be detrimental to Nidge.

Tangoed eh, and me thinking all this time he'd been sand-wedged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Newbie to Love/Hate as of last night, thought it was absolutely fantastic! Was very pleasantly surprised at how the lack of any knowledge of characters or plot lines from previous episodes didn't really impede enjoyment of it at all, I was expecting to be horribly confused starting four season in but I'm hooked already!

Anyone else join this series midway through?
    I'm one of those eejits who hears about things too late and then says "Ah sure I've missed the start so I won't enjoy it if I get into it now" but I've been completely proved wrong in this case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sorry guys haven't had time to go through thread. Anyone know the soundtracks for last night episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Clearly from the trailer clips I have seen, we are going to see an assassination attempt on Nidge, then Nidge going into hiding (with a sword), Fran being questioned by the gardai and making a laugh of it, and all the usual betrayals we have come to expect. Another major issue is that of Nidge's involvement (reluctantly) in throwing a pipe bomb at Fran's house on the order of John Boy, wounding his girlfriend (who later committed suicide): will this be revealed and cause a war between current allies Nidge and Fran?
    Unless Trish or the kids are the target

ted1 wrote: »
    Unless Trish or the kids are the target

Speaking of Trish, that hair :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Speaking of Trish, that hair :eek:

Omg morto for her embarrassed.com lioke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Trish might get a bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Does anybody know the name of the song that was used in the trailer for the fourth season? Instrumental type music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

There's two uploads of last nights show on the RTÉ Player and the audio and video is completely f^cking warped on both. I use the player a lot and never have any problems, yet they manage to **** up the most anticipated show of the year. Twice.

Was looking forward to watching tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It's gas that that's needed. Would anyone seriously think they're killing animals to make a TV show?

Yes it does happen, Luck a t.v show by H.B.O, many horses died doing that show in 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the name of the song that was used in the trailer for the fourth season? Instrumental type music.

Intro by the XX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I originally thought the cat being shot was a little bit of pointless shock factor, but the more I think of it, it could be some clever foreshadowing.....

Eg young wannabe hitman ignores Lizzie and tries to take out Nidge by himself, but instead takes out a smaller, completely innocent target that may be standing in the close vicinity :(

Would fit in with what we have often heard about L/H, that at it's heart it is not trying top glamourize gangland violence etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Yeah they really sicken my shít this crowd :mad: Do they not realise Art mainly depicts life more often then life depicts art? Up there in their ivory tower unaware that animal cruelty has occurred long before Stuart Carolan took a pen in his hand for the first time.

When they actually head off for themselves and actually get research, stats and data to show a correlation between the animal cruelty on love/hate and an increase in real life instances, then i might actually listen to their whining. Until then we'll just have to put up with the droning noise coming from their arses.

I am a big fan of Love/hate and i absolutely hate animal cruelty in any shape or form. Perhaps these numbskulls could see the other perspective that this show is actually making people aware of the ill treatment that animals receive from these and other head cases rather then have a whingefest about depicting something that occurs in the real world where the rest of us reside

Clearly, this type of animal killing happens all the time (it is near Halloween and you will see a lot of it at that time for starters). Also, I heard that al Qaeda were killing cats as target practice.

In the context of Love/Hate, we are clearly being demonstrated here that these guys are ruthless, wreckless and very very dangerous immature guys with machine guns. It clearly demonstrates these guys have no value for life be it human or animal or guilty or innocent. I assume that these are the guys who will come after Nidge and we all want King Nidge to put these guys in their place and come out on top.

As well as being an excellent drama, Love/Hate is a very brave production, one of the very few shows that keep us in the know about the dangerous world of dissident republicans. In last season's Love/Hate, we saw the most violent acts done by dissident republicans and it ranged from rape to knee capping. In the current series, we are very likely to see more extreme violence from the dissident republicans and there will be a theme where Tony etc will be trying to keep Dano from clouding his vision too much with the revenge. In turn, Dano will have his hands full trying to control the crazed youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

fruvai wrote: »
    Intro by the XX

Thank you. I've been looking for that for a while now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I originally thought the cat being shot was a little bit of pointless shock factor, but the more I think of it, it could be some clever foreshadowing.....

Eg young wannabe hitman ignores Lizzie and tries to take out Nidge by himself, but instead takes out a smaller, completely innocent target that may be standing in the close vicinity :(

Would fit in with what we have often heard about L/H, that at it's heart it is not trying top glamourize gangland violence etc etc...

I said it earlier I reckon his son will be killed by that ra youngfella when trying to kill nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

She is probably not putting out for him so he has to get his kicks from somewhere ala Pat Mustard in Father Ted. :D

im having to yank meself off round the clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Yes it does happen, Luck a t.v show by H.B.O, many horses died doing that show in 2011.

And that show was quickly cancelled because of that.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Omg morto for her embarrassed.com lioke

Never knew Ross O'Carroll Kelly was from Mayo, every days a school day here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Never knew Ross O'Carroll Kelly was from Mayo, every days a school day here!

they are the worst culprits for the pseudo D4 accent like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

I bet Dano will be killed over a hit that kills a innocent victim instead of Nidge.
    I have a feeling Fran will try to take over from Nidge as he seems to be undermining him.The Tommy thing will divide them.

As for the cat debate they used to throw cats on bonfires at Halloween where I am from and Love Hate was not made then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement