Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Fleet Discusion

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

dukedalton wrote: »
    Is it just me or would you feel really short changed being flown across the Atlantic on an A321?

People fly TATL on 757s every day. The A321 is marginally wider, for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Is it just me or would you feel really short changed being flown across the Atlantic on an A321?
    As aviation Enthusiasts? Probably. The general public likely would notice no difference except more modern cabins than the B757.

Obviously, you can always chose other ways of getting there. I for example have for the sake of saving less than €100 flown ORK to JFK via LHR instead of just flying direct SNN to JFK. Not so much for saving money but for the added bonus of seeing some metal at LHR and getting to go on a 744 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

Latest addition to the fleet pushing back for YYZ today.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urervOp-vv4&feature=youtu.be

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MYOB wrote: »
    Pushed to 2016 at earliest (I've seen 2018 mentioned more recently) and its possible they won't replace all the 330s 1 for 1 - 9 craft might not be enough for all future expansion

Recent 2013 Full Year results stated delivery pushed back till 2018.

I would expect Airbus are happy to be able to sell those early slots to other more eager airlines. EI fleet is still relatively young so no pressing need to replace till end of decade. Shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Nope.

The route would not exsist without it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

It's just you!

You get to your destination on time. You get there cheaply. Where is the problem? Do you expect something for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dukedalton

It's just you!

You get to your destination on time. You get there cheaply. Where is the problem? Do you expect something for nothing?

Yes. My post clearly implies I expect to travel for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

orionm_73 wrote: »
    Latest addition to the fleet pushing back for YYZ today.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=urervOp-vv4&feature=youtu.be

Arrival in YYZ (the poster seems excited......)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmFFjnmB3jU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

crosstownk wrote: »
    Arrival in YYZ (the poster seems excited......)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmFFjnmB3jU

I love the way he says noicesssssssssssssssss when he sees it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A more sedate version of the first EI arrival to YYZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN5q08ELf-I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Those Canadian's have a thing about Aer Lingus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwIxML9PE8

:D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I love the way he says noicesssssssssssssssss when he sees it :pac:

Don't forget the "winglats"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

crosstownk wrote: »
    A more sedate version of the first EI arrival to YYZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN5q08ELf-I

Shannon were jumping around with joy when their 757 started, the Toronto 757 just operated normally out of Dublin no airs or graces or any such silliness but look at the nice reception it received on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭calibratedtool

kub wrote: »
    Shannon were jumping around with joy when their 757 started, the Toronto 757 just operated normally out of Dublin no airs or graces or any such silliness but look at the nice reception it received on arrival.

There was a 'do' in dublin for the departure on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

True that:D
    Dublin no airs or graces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Those Canadian's have a thing about Aer Lingus...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHwIxML9PE8

:D

If you make a French-Canadian say "Tabernac" you know you've impressed them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

What's silly about having a media event and getting all that free positive publicility?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There was an official DAA/Aer Lingus launch function before the flight left, there have been several official Aer Lingus videos put on YouTube - isn't that publicity enough?

lxflyer wrote: »
    There was an official DAA/Aer Lingus launch function before the flight left, there have been several official Aer Lingus videos put on YouTube - isn't that publicity enough?

Ok well perhaps they were posted on Youtube after i saw the Youtube video of the 757 on approach to Toronto. The only other video which i saw was taken from the tug that pushed the 757 on the apron in Dublin.

Sorry if i offended anyone but that was all information i had at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bouileb

Also lots of publicity on Twitter & Instagram

• Advertisement

Bouileb wrote: »
    Also lots of publicity on Twitter & Instagram

I don't have access to either, :confused: am i about to face criminal charges here or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭GTE

I don't have access to either, :confused: am i about to face criminal charges here or what?

Of course not, but publicity by those methods of communication means a lot these days.

It was great to see the photos popping up on Twitter, especially the flags out the windows in Toronto. :)

The only "crime" is that you are uninformed because you don't use the communication methods used by the airline for these things, which is not a bad reflection on you, it is just down to how willing people are to adapt etc.

Not at all - but I think that the point is that there certainly was a proper launch - perhaps not quite to the scale at Shannon - but there certainly was quite a fanfare!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

lxflyer wrote: »
    Not at all - but I think that the point is that there certainly was a proper launch - perhaps not quite to the scale at Shannon - but there certainly was quite a fanfare!

What did SNN do that was so grand? Seemed to be the same level of promotion around both the YYZ launch and the stuff out of SNN - speeches and some sort of goodies before the first flight and off they went. Don't even think the SNN flights got much as much attention when they arrived in JFK/BOS in comparison to the YYZ launch.

It's ALL good news - so let's appreciate both of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Both Shannon and the Dublin launches were similar in size from what I can tell, the usual social media buzz and celebration at the gate. The Dublin-San Francisco launch was arguably the biggest Aer Lingus inaugural in many years, a very good job.

In other news Aer Lingus pilots will start using iPads instead of in-flight papers in the cockpit.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/aer-lingus-pilots-to-use-ipads-instead-of-inflight-paperwork-30193089.html

Quite a few airlines doing this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

:p

Sorry if i offended anyone but that was all information i had at that time.

You didn't offend anybody, you made a bit of a fool put of yourself.:p

relaxed wrote: »
    :p

You didn't offend anybody, you made a bit of a fool put of yourself.:p

I know, teaches me not to rely on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Both Shannon and the Dublin launches were similar in size from what I can tell, the usual social media buzz and celebration at the gate. The Dublin-San Francisco launch was arguably the biggest Aer Lingus inaugural in many years, a very good job.

In other news Aer Lingus pilots will start using iPads instead of in-flight papers in the cockpit.

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/aer-lingus-pilots-to-use-ipads-instead-of-inflight-paperwork-30193089.html

Quite a few airlines doing this now.

The actual 2 EFB Tablets in the cockpit will deffo be samsung,this deal must mean the ipads will be personally given to each of the pilots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭omega man

A320 wrote: »
    The actual 2 EFB Tablets in the cockpit will deffo be samsung,this deal must mean the ipads will be personally given to each of the pilots

Cockpit EFBs are currently class 1 Panasonic tough-books. The iPads are non EFB devices and will be issued to each pilot. The future EFB upgrade to class 2 will mean mounted tablets but as far as I know no specific tablet decided on.

Advertisement