Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CompTia a+ home course or self study

• 09-02-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question I was hoping some one could help me with. I was meant to do my second year of a part time course in computer systems management at ITB last September but due to money ****e I wasn't able to so I'm going to have to wait until this September to do it.

My problem is I feel the things I studied in the first year are slowly slipping away from me, so to keep things fresh in my head I was going to go for the CompTia a+ certificate. So what I was wondering is should I enroll in to a distant learning course and do it that way or could I just save the money and buy a few books and self study for it.

Any help or any one with advice would be massively appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Self study should be more than sufficient. A lot of the distance learning courses are little other than the free resources available packaged together for a fee anyway. Unless they can offer discounted testing vouchers at least equal in discount to the cost of the course, it isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mickysquint

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was wondering that myself, the cheapest course I could find was for 400 euro but the you have to pay extra on top of that to take the test. I think I'll just save the money and self study.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.professormesser.com has a few videos to start you off.

Check out the sample pages on Amazon for the CompTIA A+ books, as some you'll be able to read better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

the_syco wrote: »
    http://www.professormesser.com has a few videos to start you off.

Check out the sample pages on Amazon for the CompTIA A+ books, as some you'll be able to read better than others.

I bought the complete study guide for 802 and 802 exams off amazon and downloaded comptia a+ live sessions ( video instructions ) want to send me a usb ill fill it up with them and study guide just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 0760609

I just recently purchased the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 Authorized Exam Cram (6th Edition) off amazon, has anyone used this particular book before? From your own experiences should this be sufficient to read and pass both exams?

• Advertisement
Advertisement