Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxfam looking for Giro d'Italia volunteers

Options
  • 17-04-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

via the Oxfam Ireland Twitter account:

"Be a life-changer at the Giro d’Italia! Volunteer for 2 or 3 hours on the weekend of 8-11 May. Interested? Email volunteer AT oxfamireland.org"

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Do you know what kind of work it is? Shaking a bucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Well, waving a flag can hardly be classed as "life saving"!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Actually don't know but would presume collecting of some sort. Sure it's charidee and helping a good cause so doesn't really matter (not to me anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

logically wrote: »
    Actually don't know but would presume collecting of some sort. Sure it's charidee and helping a good cause so doesn't really matter (not to me anyway).

I wonder will the Oxfam management be volunteering that day...

I wonder will the Oxfam management be volunteering that day...

Begodden, I don't know that. Will I contact them and find out for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭ragazzo

Yeah. Let us know how you get on!

Please do.

Please do.

Nah - wasn't really serious about contacting them on your behalf. Seems to be an important question for you and no doubt holding you back on your volunteering activity so you might want to reach out to them yourself and you can then inform the similarly minded collective on the outcome of your investigations.

Here's all the info you need:

http://www.oxfamireland.org/contact

Nah - wasn't really serious about contacting them on your behalf. Seems to be an important question for you and no doubt holding you back on your volunteering activity so you might want to reach out to them yourself and you can then inform the similarly minded collective on the outcome of your investigations.

Here's all the info you need:

http://www.oxfamireland.org/contact

Great, thanks. Having spoken to them I can confirm that the charity management will not be 'volunteering' and will be paid as normal for any involvement with this event.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Great, thanks. Having spoken to them I can confirm that the charity management will not be 'volunteering' and will be paid as normal for any involvement with this event.
    Firstly let's not turn this into a discussion over the pay of employees of charities - as far as I know the Giro is taking part pretty much outside "normal" office hours in Ireland and hence I cannot see why you wish to imply they should somehow find it in them to give up some of their salary

The leaftet they distributed is attached and this pretty much confirms these will be "bucket-shaking" roles

• Advertisement
Advertisement